Dobwalls         6-2      Mullion 

Launceston       0-0    Newquay 

Liskeard Athletic  2-0  Callington Town 

St Dennis       2-8      Wendron United 

Sticker             2-4     Holsworthy 

FAC, 1st Qualifying Round     

Okehampton Arg 1-3   Highworth Tn

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 2 September 2023

Well here we go back from watching the hammering by St Austell given out to a young Truro Reserves side ,looks like im on a roll 2nd weekend i have predicted the right score i said 6-0 and it was only surprise was Adam Carter didnt score he should of had a hat trick with 3 headers but missed all 3 very unusual for Adam 

This was a fine display from St Austell every player played really well even the slimmed down Harry in the St Austell goal who i cannot remember having a save to make i wont to know how Harry lost so much weight it couldnt be a gastric bypass op no dont think so but he looked super fit . Young Neil Slateford was running the show and had a hell of a game and got himself a hatrick sorry i wasnt there to get a photo of you with the matchball but Smokie was suffering with the heat . 

St Austell could of scored a dozen but the young Truro goalie Jones made some great saves to keep te score down but he couldnt stop Connor Wharton getting 2 and Jake Miller also scoring 

St Austell had the calibre of players like Liam Eddy , George Marris and Martin Duff to come on as subs not a bad squad St Austell got there but lets be honest they havnt played the top sides like Wendron ,Liskeard and dare i say Newquay after they dropped another 2 points today come on Newquay buck your ideas up .

I realy felt for the young Truro side and 1 of the young players was nearly crying when he came over to take a throw in i wont say what he said but i think he had enough 

Ok it was lovely going to St Austell and meeting some old faces god knows who half of the are im useles with names and faces sign of getting old well it was lovely seeing you all .

The Ref and Assistants where excellent my Mom for St Austell got to go to skipper Neil Slateford not just for his 3 goals but for his overall play but his best mate Ollie Brokenshire was brilliant in his new role as a sweeper and i dont mean in the dressing room he was really good clearing up at the back but today the Steve and Smokies Man of the Match awards goes to Mr Neil Slateford well done Slates fantastic performance .The young man that impressed me for Truro was the No10 think he was called Regan Hall but he was good but must of the young men where just not up to the task against the big rough and read St Austell player the poor little sod that was marking Adam Carter it was like Jack and the Beanstalk but Adam did go gentle on him the young lad didnt do a bad job Adam never scored and the young lad was called TURPIN he robbed Adam all afternoon .

Ok fellow football fans lovely afternoon watching the footy but next time i watch St Austell it will be against tougher opposition .

Ok folks thats all from me and my furry friend who didnt like the heat at all this afternoon Nice talking to people like Harry and Ollie i just want to know what your secret is Harry how you have lost so much weight and look so good maybe you had a girdle on i got a back support on for all the good it does And Ollie always nice to talk to you didnt have time to talk to Neil remember all those years ago when i first met you both and you met Smokie Dog 10 years ago i think he was a lot fitter then hes really struggling these days .

Ok thats enough of me rabbiting on i will go back to getting on to my dr demanding i have a scan on my prostate she seems seems to think its normal going toilet 8 times a night and i do not drink 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Well here we go back from watching the hammering by St Austell given out to a young Truro Reserves side ,looks like im on a roll 2nd weekend i have predicted the right score i said 6-0 and it was only surprise was Adam Carter didnt score he should of had a hat trick with 3 headers but missed all 3 very unusual for Adam 

This was a fine display from St Austell every player played really well even the slimmed down Harry in the St Austell goal who i cannot remember having a save to make i wont to know how Harry lost so much weight it couldnt be a gastric bypass op no dont think so but he looked super fit . Young Neil Slateford was running the show and had a hell of a game and got himself a hatrick sorry i wasnt there to get a photo of you with the matchball but Smokie was suffering with the heat . 

St Austell could of scored a dozen but the young Truro goalie Jones made some great saves to keep te score down but he couldnt stop Connor Wharton getting 2 and Jake Miller also scoring 

St Austell had the calibre of players like Liam Eddy , George Marris and Martin Duff to come on as subs not a bad squad St Austell got there but lets be honest they havnt played the top sides like Wendron ,Liskeard and dare i say Newquay after they dropped another 2 points today come on Newquay buck your ideas up .

I realy felt for the young Truro side and 1 of the young players was nearly crying when he came over to take a throw in i wont say what he said but i think he had enough 

Ok it was lovely going to St Austell and meeting some old faces god knows who half of the are im useles with names and faces sign of getting old well it was lovely seeing you all .

The Ref and Assistants where excellent my Mom for St Austell got to go to skipper Neil Slateford not just for his 3 goals but for his overall play but his best mate Ollie Brokenshire was brilliant in his new role as a sweeper and i dont mean in the dressing room he was really good clearing up at the back but today the Steve and Smokies Man of the Match awards goes to Mr Neil Slateford well done Slates fantastic performance .The young man that impressed me for Truro was the No10 think he was called Regan Hall but he was good but must of the young men where just not up to the task against the big rough and read St Austell player the poor little sod that was marking Adam Carter it was like Jack and the Beanstalk but Adam did go gentle on him the young lad didnt do a bad job Adam never scored and the young lad was called TURPIN he robbed Adam all afternoon .

Ok fellow football fans lovely afternoon watching the footy but next time i watch St Austell it will be against tougher opposition .

Ok folks thats all from me and my furry friend who didnt like the heat at all this afternoon Nice talking to people like Harry and Ollie i just want to know what your secret is Harry how you have lost so much weight and look so good maybe you had a girdle on i got a back support on for all the good it does And Ollie always nice to talk to you didnt have time to talk to Neil remember all those years ago when i first met you both and you met Smokie Dog 10 years ago i think he was a lot fitter then hes really struggling these days .

Ok thats enough of me rabbiting on i will go back to getting on to my dr demanding i have a scan on my prostate she seems seems to think its normal going toilet 8 times a night and i do not drink 

A very wide ranging report there mate 😂

26 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

Anyone at the Bude v Wadebridge match,,,,,,

good game ???

MQx

Would have thought it was a decent game judging by last weeks reports:

Bude town on fire tonight was a electric 2nd half and could of scored a lot more , they’ve finally settled and quality’s showing ,3 clean sheets in a row now and goals are coming a lot of talent on show and they’ll be the ones to watc

Wasn’t at Bude unfortunately as was at family in the midlands. Seems like a decent watch and Bude pushing the self destruct button clearly wasn’t in the plan. 
Very pleasing that Bude have clearly rattled a few people the last season or so. Can’t think why? For a team of thugs, they don’t half play some nice football. 
Anyway, you lot stay classy 😉

Belated View of Bude Town v Wadebridge Town 2-3

An intriguing and competitive game rather than the proverbial 5 goal thriller, but an enjoyable afternoon in the sun for sure. A week or so ago I wrote of losing interest in the SWPL - West due to the lack of competitiveness and the too great a number of mismatches. I said I'd reserve watching matches in this league for games between its better sides. These are two such teams.

Three times the Bridgers went ahead, they were pulled back twice and it should have been three. The pivotal moments late in the second half saw Bude awarded a penalty ten minutes from time. Gabby Rogers spot kick was well saved by Rosevear and a few minutes later a shot destined for the bottom corner was superbly saved again by Rosevear who was solid all afternoon. Curiously the spot kick given late on wasn't as clear as a claim made shortly after the missed one from 12 yards. I should add, the officials in my view had a pretty good game.

Bude had started brightly but the Bridgers took advantage of sloppiness at the back from the hosts for Vallejo to score on 21 minutes. Eight minutes later Rogers converted from the spot for 1-1. The game was to and fro from then onwards. It was a stunning rising shot from Vallejo on 42 minutes that put the visitors in front. A thing of absolute beauty that goal was from outside the box. There was still time just before the break for Ryan Keates to pounce on a defensive mix up to tie the scores up at half time. A very enjoyable 45 minutes.

Six minutes into the second half  Jaffa Rowe rounded the home GK to put Wadebridge in front for the third time. Understandably Bude then pressed heavily. Often good approach play met with either a resolute away defence and / or a final ball that failed to create a killer chance until that late flurry of activity. A draw may have been justified, but Wadebridge defended superbly and showed real commitment. They are a fine side and Bude have plenty of quality too.

One thing that stuck in my head was Gabby Rogers. Home fans demanding he be given the ball all the time. He is exciting to watch, but I felt too often he wanted to beat his man when an easier ball could have moved his side forward more easily. My last visit to Broadclose was for THAT much talked about game v Liskeard last season. No repetition of that today, just a side exchanging blows in the right way against talented opposition. A shout out to the programme editor too. A solid 16 sided offering. 

I went to the game due to attractive opposition. I've now seen Wadebridge pushed hard twice away to Callington and Bude. Both games were close, but each time the Bridgers headed home with the points. The sign of a good side. I look forward to going to Bodieve Park later in the season. A great place to watch football with a side worth watching. Good luck to both sides moving forward.

On 03/09/2023 at 09:58, JonColenzo said:

Would have thought it was a decent game judging by last weeks reports:

Bude town on fire tonight was a electric 2nd half and could of scored a lot more , they’ve finally settled and quality’s showing ,3 clean sheets in a row now and goals are coming a lot of talent on show and they’ll be the ones to watc

Where’s LiskeardSaltyTears when you need him?

Bude still living rent free in Liskeard supporters’ heads? Strange one when they are so far ahead and the best side the west has ever seen

8 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Belated View of Bude Town v Wadebridge Town 2-3

An intriguing and competitive game rather than the proverbial 5 goal thriller, but an enjoyable afternoon in the sun for sure. A week or so ago I wrote of losing interest in the SWPL - West due to the lack of competitiveness and the too great a number of mismatches. I said I'd reserve watching matches in this league for games between its better sides. These are too such teams.

Three times the Bridgers went ahead, they were pulled back twice and it should have been three. The pivotal moments late in the second half saw Bude awarded a penalty ten minutes from time. Gabby Rogers spot kick was well saved by Rosevear and a few minutes later a shot destined for the bottom corner was superbly saved again by Rosevear who was solid all afternoon. Curiously the spot kick given late on wasn't as clear as a claim made shortly after the missed one from 12 yards. I should add, the officials in my view had a pretty good game.

Bude had started brightly but the Bridgers took advantage of sloppiness at the back from the hosts for Vallejo to score on 21 minutes. Eight minutes later Rogers converted from the spot for 1-1. The game was to and fro from then onwards. It was a stunning rising shot from Vallejo on 42 minutes that put the visitors in front. A thing of absolute beauty that goal was from outside the box. There was still time just before the break for Ryan Keates to pounce on a defensive mix up to tie the scores up at half time. A very enjoyable 45 minutes.

Six minutes Jaffa Rowe rounded the home GK to put Wadebridge in front for the third time. Understandably Bude then pressed heavily. Often good approach play met with either a resolute away defence and / or a final ball that failed to create a killer chance until that late flurry of activity. A draw may have been justified, but Wadebridge defended superbly and showed real commitment. They are a fine side and Bude have plenty of quality too.

One thing that stuck in my head was Gabby Rogers. Home fans demanding he be given the ball all the time. He is exciting to watch, but I felt too often he wanted to beat his man when an easier ball could have moved his side forward more easily. My last visit to Broadclose was for THAT much talked about game v Liskeard last season. No repetition of that today, just a side exchanging blows in the right way against talented opposition. A shout out to the programme editor too. A solid 16 sided offering. 

I went to the game due to attractive opposition. I've now seen Wadebridge pushed hard twice away to Callington and Bude. Both games were close, but each time the Bridgers headed home with the points. The sign of a good side. I look forward to going to Bodieve Park later in the season. A great place to watch football with a side worth watching. Good luck to both sides moving forward.

No doubt that Gabby Rogers is playing well below his level. Should at least be playing step 2.