Callington Town       0-6     AFC St Austell

Dobwalls                   2-0       Sticker

Liskeard Athletic        8-0     Holsworthy

Mullion                       0-2     Launceston

Newquay                    5-0      Bodmin Town

St Dennis                       0-4      Bude Town

Truro City Reserves        2-1      Camelford

FA CUP, Preliminary Round

Buckland Athletic           1-1    Okehampton Argyle (replay Tuesday)

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 August 2023

Callington 0 st awful 6

awful you ask , yes st awful must be the most whinging moaning team i have ever witnessed, players screaming at the ref for every tackle or decision that didn't go their way, a manager and bench that jumped up and down waving arms trying to influence the ref, every normal tackle,header,decision, whatever it was embarrassing to witness, and some of the Callington support told the players what they thought as the players and ref went off half time, as for the match yes they are a good team and scored good goals (2 goals were offside) ,  that is what you get when you try to buy the league, a better team , but i would rather go watch Callington who gave it their all, kept battling, and do not get a penny for their efforts, oh and did not moan all game...

5 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 0 st awful 6

awful you ask , yes st awful must be the most whinging moaning team i have ever witnessed, players screaming at the ref for every tackle or decision that didn't go their way, a manager and bench that jumped up and down waving arms trying to influence the ref, every normal tackle,header,decision, whatever it was embarrassing to witness, and some of the Callington support told the players what they thought as the players and ref went off half time, as for the match yes they are a good team and scored good goals (2 goals were offside) ,  that is what you get when you try to buy the league, a better team , but i would rather go watch Callington who gave it their all, kept battling, and do not get a penny for their efforts, oh and did not moan all game...

Not a penny? Really? Seems odd 

St Dennis - Bude. A 4 nil win for Bude and on the balance of play a deserved 4 nil. However, take a bow St Dennis. This team made Bude work extremely hard for that win. 
Now I know a few on here like to kick Bude when they live up to the ‘big physical’ tag. Well you won’t be disappointed, so get your boots on and prepare to kick away. 1 red card and 2 sin bins 😳

For St Dennis. So take the boots off, unless of course your going to be consistent in your criticism of thuggish teams 😉 That said, this wasn’t a dirty game and St Dennis can consider themselves unlucky with the sending off. On another day, it’s a yellow. But the ref was closer than me, so maybe he called it correct. I believe the 2 sin bins were for dissent (talking back to the ref). 

St Dennis fought well, made a contest of the match and hit the woodwork 3 times over the course of the 90 minutes, however Bude as usual played some lovely football and got their reward for pretty consistent pressure. A good victory to set the ball rolling. 

1 hour ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 0 st awful 6

December 26 moaning hasbins and NQY rejects will get humbling at mount wise. Hate seeing teams act like that bad enough they try buy league then ruin game with moaning. 

Well what can i say about this performance by Newquay vs Bodmin this afternoon in there 5-0 win Bodmin started off good but then Newquay where brilliant and was dominant throughout the match and could of scored a lot more but the 5 thry did score from Harry Tillston 2 Coen Briggs ,Cam Turner and Louis Price .

I wasnt sure if it was Shaun Vincent manager today sorry if it was Shaun for no saying hello but you had you hands full with that team and some of those players where not trying there hardest and if i was the manager they would be gone .

I have just noticed Bodmin even had there centre half Jordan Stidson in goal and i was expecting to see young Alfie Eccles in goal so Bodmin couldnt of found a goalie to play in todays match .

I have seen a lot of Bodmin in pre season and thought they where in for a good season how wrong i was its going to be a long season for whoever is i charge .

I cant remember who had what shots Newquay had so many and this team will give teams a lot of good games ,even with Jordan Stidson in goal he didnt have much chance with the Newquay goals no one is going to stop 1 from Cam Turner there was uproar about Newquays 1st goal Bodmin claiming it was offside but it was definitly onside 

Ok Mom for Newquay hard one to pick thats why im picking the lot they where all brilliant even the subs as for Bodmin im going for Jordan Stidson for going in goal and for entertainment value thats Charlie Hardcastle saw him against Truro and he was brilliant . 

I hope Bodmin can sort out there problems i can see why Dane left and whoever is in charge they are going to need a lot of luck and some different players 

Well done Newquay on a brilliant performance but l will see  how good this Newquay side is when they play Wadebridge on Wednesday and they are up against 1 of the best goalies around in Rob Rosevear but young Adam in the Newquay goal has not let me down so far lol 

Mullion 0 - 2 Lanson

Close encounter between these two, Lanson looked like a team that hadn't played for a couple of weeks and took time to get started. They broke the deadlock after good pressure from Fothergill on the right, and a sensational cross by the returning Wilson, which was met by the head of Woodgate to put them in front. Lanson should have scored a few more first half but the impressive Madge was kept out by the Mullion keeper a couple of times before half time.

2nd half was end to end with Mullion having a few good chances but kept at bay by Slade. Launceston had a blatant penalty turned down after Watkins got to the ball first and was clattered over by the Mullion CB only for Watkins to be shown a yellow card for simulation !!! (Baffling) good work by Elvidge down the left and a deft touch by Madge set up youngster Joe Munday for a tidy finish in the bottom corner to make it 2-0. 

Good start to the season by Lanson and they have secured 3 points early doors this season.