Cornwall Football Forum

Not playing at home?

I don't follow junior football an awful lot but taking a quick search through historic pages it seems that Storm are a bit of a nomadic club over the years.

They've played at various pitches in and around Redruth & Camborne. 

Does anyone know more on their history and how they got their name?

20 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Where did they get their name from?

I think the lad who started up the team was also coaching in America with a team called Texas storm fc. They had a very good junior side at that time, probably early 2000's? If I remember correctly his name may have been Penna. They also had a few players that travelled down from Plymouth, Brad Smith was a player I remember being a very good sweeper. Matt Osborne played centre mid, and his brother played up front. Always well organised and a hard team to beat. 

42 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think the lad who started up the team was also coaching in America with a team called Texas storm fc. They had a very good junior side at that time, probably early 2000's? If I remember correctly his name may have been Penna. They also had a few players that travelled down from Plymouth, Brad Smith was a player I remember being a very good sweeper. Matt Osborne played centre mid, and his brother played up front. Always well organised and a hard team to beat. 

A quick Google search and his name is Antony Penna, and it looks like he is still involved with Kernow Storm fc in Dallas. 

I remember Pz playing Storm on that pitch a few hundred yards down the lane past Holman's. 

Was things right as I was told the ground belonged to Camborne Rugby Club, used to have a wooden stand that was taken down for safety reasons? 

I remember the grass on the pitch was quite long but we spectators had to drive through and park in grass that was nearly waist high !

Yes Paul that's right and then Titans played there but the running costs where too high. Shame could have made a senior ground.

Reffed storm there once, drove into the ground someone from storm informed me that there was a drugs den under the dilapidated stand and the police were on the way. One of my best pitch inspections ever.