Exmouth Town 1 - 1 Bideford AFC
Frome Town 2 - 1 Melksham Town
Hamworthy United 2 - 1 Wimborne Town
Lymington Town 1 - 2 AFC Totton
Sholing P - P Bashley
Tavistock AFC 0 - 3 Willand Rovers
Westbury United 0 - 0 Larkhall Athletic

• Devils@Dusk changed the title to Easter Fixtures & Results ~ 7th-10th April

Sounded very end of seasonish at Bolitho wiith a 1-1 draw between two sides that are both safe from relegation. Lee Hobbs even said that the first half felt like a pre season friendly. Now a case of ticking off the remaining 6 games in the remaining couple of weeks.

Tavistock strengthened their play off credentials with an away win over Evesham. Now 5 points clear of 6 points Bashley (who have a game in hand) with just 3 to play. 

TRURO    1 - 3  PARKWAY

Game changed on Sulli’s red card just after the hour. Parkway started the game the better I thought and went 1-0 up with an absolute Worldy from Rio Garside.  25 yarder top corner! Worth the free ticket entry!! 😁👍  Thanks Ry 👍 City settled into it as the half wore on and deservedly equalised bout 10 minutes before the break. With the game deadlocked Sulli picked up a couple of cheap yellows around 65 mins and swung it in Parkways favour and a last kick pen put a bit of gloss on the scoreline. Looked a decent sized 500+ crowd 👍👏🏼

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

TRURO    1 - 3  PARKWAY

Game changed on Sulli’s red card just after the hour. Parkway started the game the better I thought and went 1-0 up with an absolute Worldy from Rio Garside.  25 yarder top corner! Worth the free ticket entry!! 😁👍  Thanks Ry 👍 City settled into it as the half wore on and deservedly equalised bout 10 minutes before the break. With the game deadlocked Sulli picked up a couple of cheap yellows around 65 mins and swung it in Parkways favour and a last kick pen put a bit of gloss on the scoreline. Looked a decent sized 500+ crowd 👍👏🏼

Agree with that report. I thought Truro got on top until Sullivan yellow .  Looked a soft booking to be honest.
great win for parkway who were starting to look a tired team of late winding down with nothing to play  for.   Lee has obviously got into them and they looked really fired up first 30. 
would be interested to get Tom bath thoughts on being on the bench for Adam  Carter !! . who somehow started in hughe local derby   when his Saltash game was  called off early in morning. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Agree with that report. I thought Truro got on top until Sullivan yellow .  Looked a soft booking to be honest.
great win for parkway who were starting to look a tired team of late winding down with nothing to play  for.   Lee has obviously got into them and they looked really fired up first 30. 
would be interested to get Tom bath thoughts on being on the bench for Adam  Carter !! . who somehow started in hughe local derby   when his Saltash game was  called off early in morning. 

Superb win for Parkway, but not a good time for Truro to suffer their first home defeat of the season. With Bracknell still to play at Bolitho on the final day, Lee Hobbs team have now taken 10 points from 21 in the 7 games played so far against the teams in the play off positions. Something to be proud of.

Very tight amongst the teams in these places now with only 7 points separating positions 2-5 in the league. Bracknell, Truro, Poole and Chesham look to have secured these slots (7 point gap back to 6th placed Swindon Supermarine), but the coveted home advantage is all to play for.

On a separate note, Adam Carter getting the nod at centre forward after the late call off for Saltash must surely mean that Tom Bath will be on his way at the season's end. Also good to see Ashes full back Dave Barker come off the bench for Parkway to make his Southern League debut, well deserved for a player who's been outstanding at Peninsula and Western League  level for the last few seasons. 

40 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

On a separate note, Adam Carter getting the nod at centre forward after the late call off for Saltash must surely mean that Tom Bath will be on his way at the season's end. Also good to see Ashes full back Dave Barker come off the bench for Parkway to make his Southern League debut, well deserved for a player who's been outstanding at Peninsula and Western League  level for the last few seasons. 

I find this all pretty pathetic really! 

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I find this all pretty pathetic really! 

Certainly no player development at the club. Year after year its  Brown envelopes thrown around to anyone that’s tempted into the breech for a few games here and there. Personally I think the club is becoming stale and will sit around at this level until the money and players run out.

For years it’s been “Let’s bring in a Few” same old faces to help out and those players fall for it every time INCLUDING Argyle 

example,

Carter , Copp, and a landricombe or two and they’ve all been sh*t on many times

Lazy Management in my opinion

wheres the youth players ? Where’s the reserves ?

Can it go on ?? Will the money and “GO TO” players run out ??

Surely Developing young players and Scouting Talent should be an absolute ‘Must’ at this level ?

For example

Moushole,Millbrook,Buckland and even Tavi have brought in good young talent and developed them to a better standard. Plenty of players under 21 and learning.

Sadly for Parkway for the last 10 years it’s become more of a  business and the guts have been ripped out of the club and I knew it would happen all along.

On top of this we now have another season of Truro on the ground for the cash no doubt !

If Chairman Mark gets bored of his toy then what? Parkway bought earlier successes and it took ages for the ground to match playing achievements. There is a small unsavoury element there that is prevalent when PPFC have a big game at home (and Argyle are away) that makes me visit Bolitho far less than other local alternatives either side of the Tamar. I tend to reserve my visits there for City games. A shame as facilities now are excellent!

With nothing to play for why not trial some young lads? What is the point in fielding Barks (great as he is) and Carts?

At SL Prem level you have to build a squad. Other clubs have the finance to match (and ‘better’)  Parkway so they can’t automatically buy success anymore. It is easy to outspend a Lanson or a C Heath, less so the top end of this division. It is why I posed a question about Lee Hobbs’ abilities and suggesting much of the Parkway success is based on the brown envelope and have a series of good coaches. 

Sure,  Hobbs has made big calls. He HAS got far more right than wrong in doing so. Sometimes you just have too. Sometimes loyal players can only go so far on the journey, but the way some have been unceremoniously dumped hasn’t looked classy from the outside.

Again, maybe it is my own ambivalence speaking here - I do get an impression that outside of Bolitho maybe PPFC are  one of the least liked  local clubs. TBF some of this will be based on envy, but Rocky raises some valid points here.

For me, local clubs I like have a ‘one club many teams’  approach, that is they have and value Reserve / Development, Wonen’s team(s) and have a thriving youth level. Their flagship First Team includes those who have come through club pathways to it and the side ideally has some local players who supporters relate to. PPFC are all about one team and winning at all costs. I prefer the outwardly more sustainable approach that seeks gradual improvement that the club can accommodate but does not imperil the future of the club. Anyone at the helm of the club, be it Chairman Mark or a voluntary step 6 committee is merely a temporary custodian. Clubs should be seen as a community asset and looked after in that way. 

I have had a couple of occasions to contact the club. One was regarding violent behaviour of a small number of fans after a cup tie v Dulwich Hamlet - no statement I can recall being put out by the club after this! If I missed it I’m sorry and apologise.  It just leaves a poor impression. 

Interesting times at Parkway. In some ways maybe this season has been a useful ‘corrective’ Success, even with money,  isn’t endless. A time to take stock or will be 6 more in and 6 out once more. Will it be a case of raiding other clubs talent than developing their own. Certainly the signings this season seem less sure footed than before. Is that fair? 

TBF, especially to longer standing fans, they ARE great supporters of the local game. It is always noticeable that Saltash and Tavi always get a useful number of Parkway floaters if they have no game. Credit to them. 

So how do others see the ambitious club across the Tamar? 

Most youngsters that play for Argyle or Exeter’s youth team aren’t going to make it as full time pro for these clubs. A lot of them will however be good enough for the southern league. Parkway and Truro’s first teams are full of ex Argyle/Exeter youth team players. In reality for anyone playing for Parkway’s u18 team, they are unlikely to make it to Parkway’s first as they have a load of Argyle/Exeter dropouts to get past first. The future Parkway team is Argyle u18 not Parkway u18. 

With regards to the club’s progression, it has always been more sensible and measured then Truro’s talk of getting into the football league. Yes they’ve taken Truro’s money but that was invested in infrastructure not on players. Bolitho now has superb facilities and the club are getting excellent crowds as a a result. Surely this is the way to build a sustainable football club.  

Having said all that, it would be good to see Parkway’s  u18 be given the chance to join the Devon league. Also at some point there has to be a women’s team

To be fair many good points and many stupid ones posted there. 
what parkway have achieved in such a short space of time should be admired by other clubs. They spent money wisely on the ground and infrastructure , got proper football people into the committee, got a very good link with argyle and have always got a team together that has been competitive when we’ve they have gone up.  
Lee hasn’t been scared to get rid of players he feels we’re coming to the end or would struggle at higher league.  Even his own brother when he saw he wasn’t at the required fitness level was told he wasn’t needed  , Rob farkin , Kyle Moore , Mike landricombe etc the list goes on. So very unfair to question him on making big calls. 
what lee does do is surround himself with very good assistant managers . 
as for the players the club will admit as you go further up the leagues it gets harder and harder to find top quality players.

your fighting the Bristol based clubs  , Tiverton , Taunton , Truro etc with a budget miles behind them and left scrapping for loans. probably why Lee always falls back on players locally he knows will do a job and help out.  
the argument about reserves and youth teams had been had before. I mean how many of Truro reserves team or youth would get in or get anyway near first team 

I believe next season will be a transition for the team  . They desperately need a permanent Keeper ( 7 signed on as cover at min and use the one that available) 

a new right back  . 2 new centre midfielders 

and a striker  

would imagine a few players will move on 

• Devils@Dusk changed the title to Easter Weekend Results ~ 7th-10th April '23