Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures 4th & 5th April

FT

Newquay Academy (?? 52) 1-4 St Newlyn East (Jackson Rochford 33, Harry Mugford 39, Owen London 56, Dan Woodgate 82)

Scrappy game with some good football played at times. Good to be up against my best mate Al Lenton again in the Newquay dugout.

Best of luck to Newquay for the rest of their season. 

Jiggy, St Newlyn East AFC

Makes sense if both clubs are fine with it I think. Any help the fixture secretary can get at this stage of a season is helpful and beneficial I should think!? To be fair to Blazey they’re hosting 2 cup finals this weekend as well so well done all round getting the match on 👍

Liskeard Reserves 0 - 3 St Minver

0-0 at HT with not a lot of quality from either team. Thought Liskeard were on top for a period at the start of the 2nd half and Hursty in goal made a fine save from a low effort from the Liskeard no.9, Ethan Gwillam I think, as well as another good chance begging. 
The young Liskeard keeper made a few good reaction saves himself from a few efforts from corners in the first half and a good save from the Minver right winger no.9, until he was subbed at 0-0 deep into the 2nd half, one of maybe a dozen changes throughout the game by Liskeard. Only for the introduced shot stopper to stop nothing and concede 3. All good finishes from the visitors with two different goals from Rob Green’s left foot. The first after he beat his man on the edge of the box and a drive across the keeper inside the post. And the 2nd a long punt from a Hurst free kick well inside his own half wasn’t cleared by King, and Rob struck a fierce drive low into the far corner from a wide angle. The 3rd was a peach of a finish, with Elliott Dunnett 1v1 and a cheeky finish over the goalkeeper much like Poborsky in Euro ‘96! 
Possibly a harsh scoreline as the game lacked much quality and was petering out until the deadlock was broken by Green. But the 2 Minver forwards showed the quality to win a game where it matters in the opposition box for a deserved 3 points in the end. 

Have the nerves set in Lee? I can see torpoint getting the win on Sunday now and your season will come toppling down when I get the perfect hattrick against u on the 29 th followed up with a brace on mayday 🤣🤣🤣🍺🍺🍺🍺 

Good luck for Sunday we'll be down to watch wot will hopefully be a cracker of a final.

Nerves not set in David just got to be more clinical. We know it’s never a walk in the park just got to be better in the final third and tonight was a one off. We have been clinical all season, just one of those nights. We move on. Still unbeaten next game now is all that matters and we will take it step by step.