Cornwall Football Forum

A Draw would of been a fair result

Young Newquay goalie Harry doing really well he pulled off a brilliant save but 5 mins later it was his fault that ST Austell went 1 nil up he was faced with Tyler Cheshire bearing down on him and he hesitated and stopped and Tyler rounded him and put the ball into a empty goal ,St Austell dominated 1st half but then 2 nasty injuries to 2 of there top players Tyler Cheshire and there brilliant captain Neil Slateford who was having a hell of a good game he was taken out by a Newquay Player and i do not know why the player wasnt booked the injury looked bad for Neil injury his shoulder and had to go to the hospital.

Newquay got the 1st of there pens for the afternoon that looked very debatable the ref should of allowed for the slippery pitch because it looked like the St Austell player slipped and the Newquay player went down much to the dismay of the St Austell management i had to agree it did look harsh 1-1 ht 

The 2nd half Newquay came out and played a lot better but St Austell had 2 of there best players off injured ,the ref was having a bit of a mare of a game booking players for no reason and not taking the pitch into consideration at all .

Newquay went 2-0 up with a brilliant Jack Rapsey goal lobbing the St Austell goalie expertly .Martin Duff was having a brilliant game his passing was causin Newquay lots of problems and it showed how St Austell had missed him due to  a long injury lay off .

Newquay went 3-1 up with another pen that looked like a dive even the linesman thought it was harsh up stepped the Hammer Cam Turner who never misses but this time he did St Goalie Piran Jones pulling off a brilliant save but it went back to Cam Turner who knocked it back into the goal i thought it was Harry Tilson who scored it but was told it was Cam TURNER .

The 1st half it looked like Newquay couldnt wait for the season to end but did get better in the 2ND Half .Had to feel sorry for St Austell they played really well i thought Josh Margett was really good he never played that good for the G .Right at the end Jack Rapsey thought he had his 2nd goal of the afternoon but even Jack must of known he was miles offside but it looked like the ref had given the goal but after a chat with the linesman he got this 1 right and dissalowed it 

My mom for Newquay young goalie and for St Austell Martin Duff who was brilliant 

So that was Newquays last home game think they need some new players for next season to compete at the top 

Next week i will at a bit bigger Stadium Wembley to see the mighty Greens take on Bolton cant wait just the Arthritis isnt so bad then but i get to see my family in London which will be nice 

Next big local game i will be going to will be at Easter to see St Austell vs St Blazey hopefully Tyler Cheshire and Neil Slateford will be fit for that game 

Got to say well done to Blazey for winning 2-0 at Liskeard today looks like Blazey will win the title now and i hope they are presented with the trophy at there last game at home vs Wendron River Allen will not look out of place in the Western League hes too good for this league but Blazey will have to make some signings because a lot of them are no Spring Chickens 

On 25/03/2023 at 17:53, 100%cornish said:

Young Newquay goalie in goal today , he was doing really well he pulled off a brilliant save but 5 mins later it was his fault that ST Austell went 1 nil up he was faced with Tyler Cheshire bearing down on him and he hesitated and stopped and Tyler rounded him and put the ball into a empty goal ,St Austell dominated 1st half but then 2 nasty injuries to 2 of there top players Tyler Cheshire and there brilliant captain Neil Slateford who was having a hell of a good game he was taken out by a Newquay Player and i do not know why the player wasnt booked the injury looked bad for Neil injury his shoulder and had to go to the hospital.

Newquay got the 1st of there pens for the afternoon that looked very debatable the ref should of allowed for the slippery pitch because it looked like the St Austell player slipped and the Newquay player went down much to the dismay of the St Austell management i had to agree it did look harsh 1-1 ht 

The 2nd half Newquay came out and played a lot better but St Austell had 2 of there best players off injured ,the ref was having a bit of a mare of a game booking players for no reason and not taking the pitch into consideration at all .

Newquay went 2-0 up with a brilliant Jack Rapsey goal lobbing the St Austell goalie expertly .Martin Duff was having a brilliant game his passing was causin Newquay lots of problems and it showed how St Austell had missed him due to  a long injury lay off .

Newquay went 3-1 up with another pen that looked like a dive even the linesman thought it was harsh up stepped the Hammer Cam Turner who never misses but this time he did St Goalie Piran Jones pulling off a brilliant save but it went back to Cam Turner who knocked it back into the goal i thought it was Harry Tilson who scored it but was told it was Cam TURNER .

The 1st half it looked like Newquay couldnt wait for the season to end but did get better in the 2ND Half .Had to feel sorry for St Austell they played really well i thought Josh Margett was really good he never played that good for the G .Right at the end Jack Rapsey thought he had his 2nd goal of the afternoon but even Jack must of known he was miles offside but it looked like the ref had given the goal but after a chat with the linesman he got this 1 right and dissalowed it 

My mom for Newquay young goalie and for St Austell Martin Duff who was brilliant 

So that was Newquays last home game think they need some new players for next season to compete at the top 

Next week i will at a bit bigger Stadium Wembley to see the mighty Greens take on Bolton cant wait just the Arthritis isnt so bad then but i get to see my family in London which will be nice 

Next big local game i will be going to will be at Easter to see St Austell vs St Blazey hopefully Tyler Cheshire and Neil Slateford will be fit for that game 

Got to say well done to Blazey for winning 2-0 at Liskeard today looks like Blazey will win the title now and i hope they are presented with the trophy at there last game at home vs Wendron River Allen will not look out of place in the Western League hes too good for this league but Blazey will have to make some signings because a lot of them are no Spring Chickens 

Would agree that the first pen was debatable but not the second,  had both incidents occurred on the half way line nobody would have complained, but inside the penalty area similar challenges take on a whole new meaning.

Thought Newquay were more threatening in attack, and just about deserved the three points. St.Austell certainly missed  the injured Neil Slateford. 

33 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

@BrummyBarry Duffers is definitely older than 16 - he’s been playing men’s football for years and he’s older than my son, who is 25 (they went to the same school). 

😀

I think he meant the other one Chris. And yes just in case I’ve got the consent of the player’s dad. But please  don’t name the player anyone.

28 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

😀

I think he meant the other one Chris. And yes just in case I’ve got the consent of the player’s dad. But please  don’t name the player anyone.

Yes just making sure as I know that my nephew has to have a consent form signed because hes under 18

Great by both teams yday. Fought he had a great game fink he will be main goalkeeper next year for nqy in if Ashton going. Was told by friend in committee at nqy yesterday they finks few players could leave at end of season be shame but be better then losing them mid season like last 2 years. Wud love to see JBE back and take his club up but dont think will happen. Anyway no game for while now going to Liskeard Tuesday and Wadebridge Saturday 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

😀

I should have expanded the post I quoted @Dave Deacon! All I could see was the part that said “he looks about 16”, with a picture of Duffers head! 

22 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

He’s named in the original report 🫣 and by Cornish Fanatic! 

Its all over the cornish soccer facebook post I read some tripe on here then I see it plastered all over my facebook feed because I follow Cornish soccer and dont have many Facebook friends so I cant get away from every comment on every photo without unfriending cornish soccer I dont want to do that because I enjoy some of the comments anyone know a way I can stop it because barbs my wife aint got a clue 

I have heard rumours of severel Blazey players do not want to play in the higher league and dont want to do all the travelling and heard the 3 players i have heard would like to move to  Newquay and 3 N ewquay players would like to go to Blazey and play at a higher lever and the 3 i have heard wouldnt look out of place playing at a higher level also heard Blazey manager could go to Newquay if Craig left but cant see Phil leaving Blazey now they are going to be playing in a higher league .Hope Harry Ashton doesnt leave Newquay hes a hell of a goalie and lovwly bloke as well , Young Harry is going to be a hell of a goalie but i dont think hes quite ready like the goal he conceded on Saturday he hesitated when he was faced with Tyler Cheshire he may of thought hes a big bugger if i hit him its going to hurt Big Harry wouldnt of made that mistake he would of got there and cleared the danger I wont be putting anymore photos on here or naming any young players but you will have a picture of the young goalie and his name in the Newquay Voice this week so i dont know what the harm is i know his dad doesnt mind anyway dont want to upset anyone on here .

Edited by 100%cornish
Had to write a apology

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I have heard rumours of severel Blazey players do not want to play in the higher league and dont want to do all the travelling and heard the 3 players i have heard would like to move to  Newquay and 3 N ewquay players would like to go to Blazey and play at a higher lever and the 3 i have heard wouldnt look out of place playing at a higher level also heard Blazey manager could go to Newquay if Craig left but cant see Phil leaving Blazey now they are going to be playing in a higher league .Hope Harry Ashton doesnt leave Newquay hes a hell of a goalie and lovwly bloke as well , Young Harry is going to be a hell of a goalie but i dont think hes quite ready like the goal he conceded on Saturday he hesitated when he was faced with Tyler Cheshire he may of thought hes a big bugger if i hit him its going to hurt Big Harry wouldnt of made that mistake he would of got there and cleared the danger I wont be putting anymore photos on here or naming any young players but you will have a picture of the young goalie and his name in the Newquay Voice this week so i dont know what the harm is i know his dad doesnt mind anyway dont want to upset anyone on here .

Phil didn't want to move up to Western League with St Austell in 2015. I doubt that has changed but who knows?

The rumour mill will start in earnest very soon with disgruntled clubs and players upset with the merger cancellation and loss of promotion.

On 27/03/2023 at 12:55, baldy said:

Phil didn't want to move up to Western League with St Austell in 2015. I doubt that has changed but who knows?

The rumour mill will start in earnest very soon with disgruntled clubs and players upset with the merger cancellation and loss of promotion.

Perhaps Phil will rejoin St Austell? As I’ve heard today that all three current members of the management team have stood down? 

if Phil doesn’t go up with St Blazey he would be a very good appointment in my eyes.

On 27/03/2023 at 12:55, baldy said:

Phil isn’t the Manager so hasn’t got to travel anywhere !

So St Austell management are moving on thats Mark ,Steve ,and Gary ,who are all leaving end of the season Mark Ferguson Smith is a lovely chap always comes and says hello to me and Smokie will wish him all the best when i see him at Poltair on Friday when St Austell play St Blazey .

I think the ideal replacements for them are the 2 lads at BLAZEY Brad Richardson Andrew Moon because they have sone a good job at St Blazey but they are living in the shadow of Phil Lafferty really and they should move on and St Austell is a ideal move .

Off up to London early tmmrw morning flying up to London to see my son and family and on Sunday to watch Aryle vs Bolton in going for a Plymouth win 2-2 after et and Plymouth to win on Pens 

Have a good weekend everyone if i wasnt going London i would of been at Wadebridge to watch them vs St Austell where i think it will be a draw .

Early night tonight got to be up at 5am feel like a kid again so exciting