Callington Town            P-P      Wendron United 

Camelford                    1-0        St Dennis 

Dobwalls                      4-4       AFC St Austell 

Launceston                  2-0        Mullion 

Liskeard Athletic           5-0        Penzance 

Newquay                      0-2      St Blazey 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday March 18 2023

NEWQUAY  0-2  ST.BLAZEY

Off to work hence a quick summary! Deacs and 100% Cornish were both there so expect a better report later. Game started in lovely sunshine and finished in bleak rainy conditions! 0-0 at half time with Newquay possibly edging it with visiting keeper Brodie Cole making 2 smart saves, the best one off a Coops header attempting to clear he had to sharply turn over the bar. Blazey did hit a post through Watto? from a rare mix up in the hosts defence. Blazey got on to top in the 2nd half with NQ not keeping possession as well as in the 1st half and you can’t do that against a team that had the look of champions about them after the break grinding out a tough 3 points on the road and picking up a lot of free kicks all over the pitch.

The deadlock was broken when a rasping strike of a free kick from River Allen around the 65 minute mark went straight through the middle of Newquay’s wall from 25 yards, great goal for Blazey, poor one for Newquay. The hosts almost equalised twice but some brilliant defending from that old warrior Giler clearing off the line twice with Cole beaten from young Rhys Hoopers header and Rappo Jnrs flick past him from 8 yards. Giler and Coops old school defending showing why Blazey have only let in 16 goals in about 25 games this season, they cover each other so well.  It proved the turning point as well with Blazey making the game safe when Clokey snapped up a loose ball in the area to fire into the roof of the net from 6 yards 10 minutes from time.  Lafs had the luxury of bringing on Brokes and Edds late in the game, that’s the type of squad you need to go on to be champions! Decent looking crowd of about 150 enjoyed a hard fought game. Could be a big 3 pts towards Blazey push for the title.

Great report as always Mark , game started in lovely sunshine and ended in fog and thick drizzle but that doesnt effect how good a player River Allen if theres  a better player in this league i have yet to see him i was looking forward to the midfield battle of River vs Cam Turner but there was only 1 winner Cam had a quiet game by his standards but Blazey are some team .

I thought Newquay where the better side in the 1st half but the 2nd half it was all Blazey and they went 1-0 up with a blockbuster free kick by River Allen even Blazey fans near me said it shouldnt of been a free kick but the ref gave it and River took and scored .

It was a surprise to see no Sean Semmens in the Blazey goal but Brodie Cole isnt a bad replacement ,i think if Alex Cole had played for Newquay he would of caused more problems to the Blazey defence ; 

The players on the Blazey bench like Lewis Russel ,Rio Ward Sam, Clifton and there captain Ollie Brokenshire who was last seen chasing his horse around Cheltenham Races no he was there on the bench thought they missed him  a bit today in the centre of the park but he will be still lifting the champions cup in come May .

Luke Cloke got the 2nd goal after a knock down from Ex  Truro player Andy Watkins looks like Luke wil be getting the golden boot this year .

MOM by a mile for me River Allen Class Player and for Newquay im given it to Matt Saunders for keeping Cloke quiet for the majority of the game .

I would like to mention Phil Lafferty it means something when a top manager like him comes over for a chat and asks how i am ,i told him him i have got a Bladder problem And i got to got to a place called Peninsula Hub a Trevisson RD to have this dye put into me it seems i am never free of hospitals but the dr that phoned me said this wasnt a Hospital with my luck it will be a undertakers lol .

Ok People have a good week 2 weeks tmmrw i will be up at Wembley to see the mighty Pilgrims vs Bolton wish Cooper was in goal for Plymouth instead of Burton . OK next weekend back watching Newquay vs St Austell next week 

DSCN8143.JPG

The brilliant St Blazey manager Phil Lafferty and a good bloke , come May i can see him lifting the Champions cup and i will be there clicking away hopefully taking loads of photos of the Blazey team on the day they play the brilliant Wendron who no ones ever mentioned well they are a awesome team ran the right way and play lovely football but its got to be Blazey for the league they wasnt really as good as they usually are but still got 3 points .

DSCN8092.JPG

My Man of the match by a mile today St Blazeys RIVER ALLEN great goal from a free kick vs Newquay 

Newquay 0v2 St Blazey. Att.164

Highlights including both goals from todays match at Mount Wise. Glorious weather turned into a misty wet afternoon. Big three points for St Blazey. 

Todays match programme was superb. One of the best of the season. 👏 

Next up for St Blazey, a trip to St Dennis on Tuesday night. 

11 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

DSCN8143.JPG

The brilliant St Blazey manager Phil Lafferty and a good bloke , come May i can see him lifting the Champions cup and i will be there clicking away hopefully taking loads of photos of the Blazey team on the day they play the brilliant Wendron who no ones ever mentioned well they are a awesome team ran the right way and play lovely football but its got to be Blazey for the league they wasnt really as good as they usually are but still got 3 points .

DSCN8092.JPG

My Man of the match by a mile today St Blazeys RIVER ALLEN great goal from a free kick vs Newquay 

Is lafferty the manager? Has Moon & Richardson been replaced? I thought it was their team & Lafferty was director of football? 
eitger way a great result for Blazey. Big one next wkend against the Mighty Liskeard 💙

46 minutes ago, Plympep said:

Is lafferty the manager? Has Moon & Richardson been replaced? I thought it was their team & Lafferty was director of football? 
eitger way a great result for Blazey. Big one next wkend against the Mighty Liskeard 💙

All three working together. 

48 minutes ago, Plympep said:

Cool. Did Richardson & moon put the team together (with Fice) and get them into a great position by themselves? Strange how they needed Lafferty to come in too when it seemed like they were doing a good job themselves. 

Almost seems like lafs played it safe. Left them to it at the start, if things went wrong not his fault. If things went well he would appear. Lol

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

Almost seems like lafs played it safe. Left them to it at the start, if things went wrong not his fault. If things went well he would appear. Lol

It does appear that way. 
Just imagine the scenes if for some miracle Blazey don’t win the league. I wonder if Lafferty would disappear again before the season ends? Lol

Was at mount wise yesterday. Fink the best team won. NQY didn disgrace themselves but blazey much stronger. Ashton in goal keep the score from being 5+ NQY young players couldn match the experience of blazey. Yesterday they didn even have Shaun in goal whos a real talent. Well done both teams good display worth £6. Fink nqy’s hospitality as always was great fink if finish 6th this year after all the mess losing players is a success. Craig and his team make me look forward to next season already if can keep this team together and few more. 

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Newquay 0v2 St Blazey. Att.164

Highlights including both goals from todays match at Mount Wise. Glorious weather turned into a misty wet afternoon. Big three points for St Blazey. 

Todays match programme was superb. One of the best of the season. 👏 

Next up for St Blazey, a trip to St Dennis on Tuesday night. 

St Blazey number 8 kicks the player in the head, ref blows for a free kick. He turns around and says, "What for?" 

Priceless.

4 hours ago, Plympep said:

Cool. Did Richardson & moon put the team together (with Fice) and get them into a great position by themselves? Strange how they needed Lafferty to come in too when it seemed like they were doing a good job themselves. 

Threesomes seem to be the in thing at our top SWPL West sides!