Cornwall Football Forum

Dan Hart to leave Launceston

Be interesting to hear the thoughts of Both Sides Of The Tamar on this. Bright and clearly ambitious young manager, who has done a great job in keeping Launceston clear of the bottom group, but this is a big step up into a tough league. As many people have said, Buckland have everything in place to do well, needs someone to really get hold of it on the pitch. 

Lets be honest I think everyone had Lanson down as being in the relegation mix pre-season. The previous curtailed season they won only once. 

I remember going to a pre-season game v Millbrook and its was clear to see that Dan H was looking to organise and set up the team to be hard to beat. For 45 minutes they were excellent. Pressed well. Had a good shape and this was the template for the season. Hart has done well with a young side and in instilling cobfidence in young players and improving them. Lanson are well coached, well managed and play to a style that suits the players he has. My only criticism sometimes is the Waltz has been a little isolated up front. 16 goals from him in a relatively low scoring side has been vital.

When I heard the news I was gutted for the Clarets but thought it a great appointment by the Bucks. He should do well. However, with Falmouth now joining the fray, there is no shortqge of ambitious clubs in the WL. If the biscuit tin can be opened and 3 or 4 top quality additione can be added to the squad then maybe BAFC will compete at the top end of the league. Without that DH will improve their league placing (top 6) but won't be able to challenge for promotion.

Overall I'm excited greatly by the appointment. I am left wondering  also if Lanson will maintain their upward trajectory. I've certainly enjoyed there being a competotive team at Pennygillam this season. Thank you Dan Hart and the Clarets squad!

Good luck Dan Hart. Its a great club you are going to.

15 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

What players are good enough at launceston to improve Buckland wi he bring any with him  ?  Seems an odd appointment out of all the other managers in the leagues. 

With the exception of Richard Pears, who is from the Exeter area, I think I'm right in saying all Buckland's previous managers were from South Devon. I'm assuming Dan Hart lives in the Plymouth area which, if that's the case, makes him a rather different type of appointment for the club.

4 hours ago, silly billy said:

Why would he need to take player's with him? 

I don’t know any manager taking a job that doesn’t bring players he knows and works with to his new club 

also he have to coach Rob Farkins not the easiest of players to have around just ask the parkway 

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I don’t know any manager taking a job that doesn’t bring players he knows and works with to his new club 

also he have to coach Rob Farkins not the easiest of players to have around just ask the parkway 

He might be the first then. 

If Farkins is being difficult they'll just get rid of him.

9 hours ago, Easterfield said:

With the exception of Richard Pears, who is from the Exeter area, I think I'm right in saying all Buckland's previous managers were from South Devon. I'm assuming Dan Hart lives in the Plymouth area which, if that's the case, makes him a rather different type of appointment for the club.

Bucks pick up most young players in Torbay and surrounding area. Dan is Plymouth based and has played for some good clubs. As a bright young manager and a top notch coach good at improv8ng players, playing at BAFC under him should be an attractive prospect for players.

14 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Heard Rob Farkins was very well regarded by many of the supporters at Parkway. Was told that he was usually the first player to arrive at the ground, and made an effort to chat with volunteers and fans before the game. 

How these characters and personalities are managed is a test for any manager coming in, just read any books on Brian Clough for example. Getting someone like Farkins on side and having him at his best or deciding he is not in his plans, is a true test of Dan Hart's abilities  

24 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Heard Rob Farkins was very well regarded by many of the supporters at Parkway. Was told that he was usually the first player to arrive at the ground, and made an effort to chat with volunteers and fans before the game. 

How these characters and personalities are managed is a test for any manager coming in, just read any books on Brian Clough for example. Getting someone like Farkins on side and having him at his best or deciding he is not in his plans, is a true test of Dan Hart's abilities  

That is true he was always happy to chat and engage with the fans. I believe it was they way he was in the changing room with certain players that didn’t go down too well. 
one  of the reasons he was let go. 

Buckland have a good squad of players so he have a good base to work with and I’m sure Dan will look to bring a few in 

• 2 weeks later...

Odd appointment for such a big club and going with a Manager with only really one years experience.

The League he has managed in is on its knees, standard is so poor so would have thought he should be ripping it apart in order to qualify to get that job.

That said, have had good things about his coaching ability so maybe that is the road Buckland are going down. 

Launceston need to go all out and bring back Gary Jeffery.

4 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Odd appointment for such a big club and going with a Manager with only really one years experience.

The League he has managed in is on its knees, standard is so poor so would have thought he should be ripping it apart in order to qualify to get that job.

That said, have had good things about his coaching ability so maybe that is the road Buckland are going down. 

Launceston need to go all out and bring back Gary Jeffery.

Clearly a very bright and ambitious coach, but big shift in expectations in his new job. Realistically, at Launceston it was all about keeping them away from the relegation spots in the Peninsula League (which he has done brilliantly), at Buckland they will be expecting him to challenge for promotion into step 4.They have seen Parkway, Willand, Tavistock and Exmouth over take them in recent seasons and will want to do something about this.

Good appointment for buckland in my opinion. Yes only had one season of experience in the peninsula league but a good coach, done his badges and has links with Argyle. 
Matt Cusack had no experience when appointed manager of saltash a few years ago and look how well he is going now with parkway!  Got to give young coaches in the game a chance. 

Rumours around he has approached a few of the experienced members of the saltash squad for either playing and/or coaching roles