Cornwall Football Forum

Steve Massey’s Post Ilfracombe Match Reaction

Piran

Fair play to Mass for talking to Dave straight after a defeat like that!! Seen Sky Sports not being able to get hold of a few top managers for bout an hour after a game like that! He could have easily ducked out of that but he fronted up, I know not everyone is a Mass fan but you’ve got to give him credit for that 👏🏼

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yeah have to agree Rappo.

On the pitch, the change in form is a big concern.  Only three players started today that started the very first league game! What's happened to Phil Cattran - is he still injured?

Maybe you have answered your own question there Dave. Where are all the players who were there at the beginning ?

Or maybe the fact that Helston are in the league they are in without actually WINNING a promotion is starting to show !!!

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yeah have to agree Rappo.

On the pitch, the change in form is a big concern.  Only three players started today that started the very first league game! What's happened to Phil Cattran - is he still injured?

I think that’s the issue  you look at the team that first started the season and it looked a proper good quality squad he had . But too many good players have left and  not been properly replaced ,  . The players Steve has got in as replacements are no where near good enough . 
And unfortunately I think he be back in to bring in more to try and solve it  

I also saw a comment is it true they don’t train ? That can’t be right ?  

I like this man. He gets a great deal of stick on this forum but he is a man who is trying his best to give that small town of Helston a place on the footballing map within the south west region. His players have under performed today and you can see that it's hurt him.

The problem is loyalty. Pay money (let's be honest you have to pay money for any form of quality these days) and you're not going to get loyalty. Don't pay players and you won't get the talent. I feel for him.