Cornwall Football Forum

Cancel matches in January

13 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think its about time all matches where cancelled in January because nearly all the matches are off again, and i think matches should go onto the end of May i know they couldnt go onto June because lots of people work in the hospitallity trade but i d o think matches should be stopped in January 

Would you have gone to Godolphin today ?

15 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think its about time all matches where cancelled in January because nearly all the matches are off again, and i think matches should go onto the end of May i know they couldnt go onto June because lots of people work in the hospitallity trade but i d o think matches should be stopped in January 

You can’t just right off a whole month because it rains a bit.
Weather might be ok next weekend and games will be all back on .  

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

What if February and March are wet at times, cancel them aswel?

Yes Monsoon i would of gone to Godolphin wind rain or snow and they would of had a good chance of Beating Bodmin because they couldnt get a goalie DALE ENGLAND out for 12 weeks injured JASON ROBERTSON suspended and STU BOWKER playing for Helston so the G would of had a chance today .Yes cancel February as well and play more evening games later in the season but cant see what is wrong with playing on longer into May. January is always bad .Hope weather is better next Saturday when the unbeatable Falmouth come to town to play Newquay and there fantastic fans F Troop and PICKACHOO ex NEWQUAY players JBE and Tom Moxham should get a warm welcome both great players but Jack Evans hes head and shoulders above almost every other player in the league i think Camelfords Ed Harrison is another outstanding player but Jack is a goalscorer Ed is more a creative player .

35 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

but cant see what is wrong with playing on longer into May.

I know where you're coming from in saying there's no problem with playing on into May, but with the SWPL being at Step 6 level and part of the National League System which is run by the FA, it's simply not allowed by them!

No doubt you can remember a couple seasons ago when the weather meant there was fixture congestion, the FA were very, very reluctant to allow any extension because of throughout the whole system they have to allow for play-off games! It would have mucked up their schedule!   

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I know where you're coming from in saying there's no problem with playing on into May, but with the SWPL being at Step 6 level and part of the National League System which is run by the FA, it's simply not allowed by them!

No doubt you can remember a couple seasons ago when the weather meant there was fixture congestion, the FA were very, very reluctant to allow any extension because of throughout the whole system they have to allow for play-off games! It would have mucked up their schedule!   

The FA have no concern for this level at all, never have - never will.

Actually I disagree on this. 

Having been to an inspection this morning, if the rain band had gone through by early this morning we with a bit of work would have been good to go. Obviously the heaviest rain hit Plymouth at midday so the right call was made and we went like most. If we’d played- bang goes the pitch for the rest of the season in all fairness. 

However, if clubs shut up shop in January- revenue will be hit. 

It’s massively disappointing but this is clearly the worse Saturday of the season by a country mile for P-P across the whole country for weather- it happens and next week is already looking much better and dryer so we’ll be all back to normal. So no, one bad Saturday shouldn’t affect things. 

It’s frustrating to lose an entire set of fixtures due to the tropical weather but luckily it’s even hotter next weekend and we might even have to dig out the Hawaiian Tropic Factor 50 so it might be a bit premature to just write off an entire month………I have heard it does rain in Feb, March and April as well!! 😳😉😆C63860A6-A1FC-423A-9CF5-2A8BA97819F6.thumb.png.40f6491de188d2f7b4bacda4b8521036.png