Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 27 November 2021

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 27 November 2021
  • Dave Deacon pinned this topic

Was at the game photographing for Hampton today.

Better side won - well deserved and Parkway will be a team to avoid in the next round.  I will say that Hampton definitely didn't underestimate Parkway.  Sent people to watch them against Totton, fully appreciated what a tough game it would be, but Parkway just raised their game to a higher standard.

Mike Landricombe was immense, as was Callum Rose, and Finlay Craske was brilliant.  To be honest, Crago could have ended with a hat trick, and definitely should have had two.

9 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Wasn't well today, so a very, very, rare Saturday not at the football. Was to be Parkway bound..... what a win for PPFC. 

Good to see Truro go through too.

Is R3 the round NL top division come in? If so TUFC away please.

Hope you're feeling better today buddy, that win would have been a nice tonic for you.

11 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Wasn't well today, so a very, very, rare Saturday not at the football. Was to be Parkway bound..... what a win for PPFC. 

Good to see Truro go through too.

Is R3 the round NL top division come in? If so TUFC away please.

Yes, from round 3. Would love to see a NL "big boy" such as Torquay or Yeovil drawn at Bolitho, failing that (and from a purely selfish point of view) Barnet or Dagenham away.

16 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Wish I had gone to parkway instead of  taking up the offer to go watch a poor argyle 

sounds like another cracking win against a team a few leagues higher.  
fortress bolitho park 

Parkway wasn't a great game to watch but had its moments. Anyone know why Hobbs got sent off? Seen a bit of a fracus down there but not sure what happened. Big improvements to the ground since the last time I went there which was before covid started.

On 27/11/2021 at 09:29, Dave Deacon said:

FA TROPHY

SECOND ROUND

Binfield                             2-3          Truro City

Plymouth Parkway          1-0        Hampton & Richmond Borough

A great win for both teams. I did fancy both teams to win yesterday. Really happy for all those involved with Plymouth Parkway in particular. I did think the attendance was lower than what it should've been. Although it wouldn't have helped that Plymouth Argyle were also at home yesterday. Factor in that it was a big game against Wigan, I think it's safe to say that it hindered the attendance at Bolitho Park. Looking forward to tomorrow, where we'll get the draw for the next round!

5 hours ago, silly billy said:

Parkway wasn't a great game to watch but had its moments. Anyone know why Hobbs got sent off? Seen a bit of a fracus down there but not sure what happened. Big improvements to the ground since the last time I went there which was before covid started.

Not sure did read he pushed a player or something 

8 hours ago, silly billy said:

He went to clip the heels of the Hampton player taking the throw in.  No idea if he actually made contact or just gestured to do it though.

2 hours ago, Rob Hosking said:

They've avoided each other, but both have a home draw to be played on the same weekend, again (December 18th/19th)

Parkway v Dulwich Hamlet

Truro v Dagenham & Redbridge

Parkway drawn against a London club, but at home. Typical!!!

Big chance for Parkway to advance. Dulwich are going well in the NLS (5th) and their main focus is on promotion. Can see them rotating the side (as they did away to step 4 Brentwood in the last round). The best supported side in that league by a distance, averaging over 2500 for home matches. Hopefully a decent number will travel.

On 29/11/2021 at 13:28, Rob Hosking said:

They've avoided each other, but both have a home draw to be played on the same weekend, again (December 18th/19th)

Parkway v Dulwich Hamlet

Truro v Dagenham & Redbridge

A good draw for both teams. Plymouth Parkway will fancy another upset. To be fair, you can't blame them either. A big test for Truro. I wouldn't initially fancy them to do the business. Then again, you never know in cup football!