Cornwall Football Forum

We're not in any way questioning the application of the leagues Covid rules, but we find the cancellation of the hayle match a bit strange.
We had arranged to visit a friend in Penzance tomorrow, had intended to grab a Philps pasty and as we had never been there before, visit the Hayle ground for the Hayle v Porthleven game only for it to be postponed which as it was because of potential Covid infection is fine .
We assume that Porthlevens St Piran team play and train using the same equipment, changing rooms, toilets etc, etc, as their Peninsula League side, whose game tomorrow at Gala Parc is still showing as going ahead.
Our question is, if there is a Covid implication at Gala Parc, and bearing in mind the above, should any game be allowed to take place at Gala Parc ?

Was proof required for any covid related cancellations? If so I am sure this has been handed in and all accepted before the cancellation processed?

I have heard mind you that porthlevan 1sts were extremely short this weekend, which meant taking a large amount from their reserves which I can imagine has left them in a position where they struggle to raise a team! Then of course, covid hit…. 🤷‍♂️

As stated we have no problem with the leagues Covid procedure, what we were asking was in view  of Porthleven cancelling their St Piran match because of covid in their ranks, can  ANY  game sensibly or even legally, be played at Gala Parc tomorrow ??

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Was proof required for any covid related cancellations? If so I am sure this has been handed in and all accepted before the cancellation processed?

Yes.

37 minutes ago, We Two said:

As stated we have no problem with the leagues Covid procedure, what we were asking was in view  of Porthleven cancelling their St Piran match because of covid in their ranks, can  ANY  game sensibly or even legally, be played at Gala Parc tomorrow ??

Yes.  It's the players that are infected.  Provided the facilities are Covid safe and cleaned there isn't a problem with the first team playing.

31 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

It's at times like these we have to take faith in league and club officers decisions and just get on with things!

Thank you Dave.  It does get a bit tedious with the continual questioning.

7 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

It does get a bit tedious with the continual questioning.

It's a shame that peoples questions are seen as tedious, when all they are trying to establish is whether the potential killer virus is confirmed as absent or not.
Taking charge of any event will always bring responsibilities.

6 minutes ago, We Two said:

It's a shame that peoples questions are seen as tedious, when all they are trying to establish is whether the potential killer virus is confirmed as absent or not.

Do you ask the manager of every shop you go into or do you trust people to do their jobs?

Do you go in to a shop in the full knowledge that some of the staff have Covid ? there s still no answer to our original question which we thought  only needs a simple answer rather that an inquisition about who does what.

55 minutes ago, baldy said:

Do you ask the manager of every shop you go into or do you trust people to do their jobs?

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Confirming whether the virus is present or not is impossible.  Having lost an uncle to this disease I am all too aware of the dangers it brings but there are always going to be some harsh realities and one of those is that there is no guarantee that any venue is virus free.

It gets tedious when having to repeat the same responses on different threads.  I would refer you to the FA guidance link on the thread about Ludgvan.