Cornwall Football Forum

A big thank you

Martin Eddy

On behalf of Redruth United I would like to say a big thank you to everyone for your words of comfort and support.

if anything good can come from this terrible situation it is to highlight the problems that grassroots clubs have to handle.

please please please people look after your clubs, these people have done it once they can and will do it again.

Just an update.

As you may have seen tonight the national news outlets are now getting on board with our story.there is not much damage to the pitches thankfully but the changing runs have been more or less wrecked. The leader tank upstairs was broken letting water flood through the ceilings and ruining all the electrics. There had been lots of decorating done to the changing rooms but as seen in the video have been trashed. At present we are in the hands of the council to evaluate the work needed to be done. There will be a work party on Tuesday evening to try and clean as much as we can.

The response we have had from the community has been nothing short of amazing. Loads are coming along people offering to make food companies wanting to sponsor us.

After the last two years we have had due to COVID it really is truely humbling for us as a club. Thank you will never be enough.

Just now, Postman Pat said:

Just an update.

As you may have seen tonight the national news outlets are now getting on board with our story.there is not much damage to the pitches thankfully but the changing runs have been more or less wrecked. The leader tank upstairs was broken letting water flood through the ceilings and ruining all the electrics. There had been lots of decorating done to the changing rooms but as seen in the video have been trashed. At present we are in the hands of the council to evaluate the work needed to be done. There will be a work party on Tuesday evening to try and clean as much as we can.

The response we have had from the community has been nothing short of amazing. Loads are coming along people offering to make food companies wanting to sponsor us.

After the last two years we have had due to COVID it really is truely humbling for us as a club. Thank you will never be enough.

On a positive note our U12’s took part in a tournament today. Great to see them flying the flag for our club

22 hours ago, fenman said:

I'm sure many , many people would like to post their true feelings on this but can't . This happens all over the country and it makes my blood boil , it's mob rule .

Personally fenman I feel because we have stayed very diplomatic as a club it has helped our cause. We now have Plymouth Argyle onside as well.