Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League opening fixtures - Saturday 12 September 2020

I wasn't convinced that it would actually happen but Saturday September 12th sees the opening fixtures of the 2020/1 season.

It has been quite a struggle to get this far and everyone could have done without the FA's Whole Game System debacle complicating matters at this late stage. All club secretaries should have received reminders about changes to match result notifications and player registrations that come into force this season ahead of Mike Newcombe's retirement from the league .

ON REGISTRATIONS -  Michael will only be available most Saturdays between 11.00 am and 2.30 pm, You can email any issues to him at any time and he will deal with them when he is available. Because of expected issues this coming Saturday he will make an exception and will be available all morning

You may still register up to three players countersigned by the opponent on a Duchy registration form on the day of a match if required but you would then need to get them onto WGS for Mike to register or otherwise your players will not be recognised on Full Time when team lists are entered. Unless updates are done asap this could lead to charges of unregistered players being issued.

ON MATCH RESULT NOTIFICATIONS - NO results whatsoever are to be sent to Michael. ALL results need to go to the Secretary, Derek Walker, via text message or email by 6.00 pm as per rule (or fines will be issued) - the Match Day App can also be used.

I would urge all clubs to also post results and match reports on the forum as soon as possible.

Good luck everyone, enjoy but stay safe.

Saturday September 12th 14.30 pm kick offs

Premier Division
Altarnon 2 v 0 AFC Bodmin
Lanivet Inn  1 v 3 Gunnislake
Lifton 1 v 1 St Breward
Lostwithiel  4 v  2 Tregrehan Mills
Saltash Utd  4 v 0 St Merryn
Tintagel  2 v 5 North Petherwin

Division One
Calstock  1 v 5 Dobwalls
Mevagissey  1 v  0 Pensilva
Nanpean Rovers  7 v 2 St Minver
Southgate Seniors  2 v  1 St Dominick
St Columb Major  12 v 2 Polperro
St Eval Spitfires  3 v  4 Gorran

Division Two
Biscovey  5 v 1  Lostwithiel Reserves
Bude Town 3rds  3 v 1 North Petherwin Reserves
Delasbole  7  v  2 Lifton Reserves
Grampound  1 v 4 S Mawgan
North Hill  1 v  8 Polzeath
Queens Rangers  1 v 8 Gunnislake Reserves
St Cleer  2 v 1 Boscastle Reserves

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Duchy League opening fixtures - Saturday 12 September 2020
2 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Saturday September 12th 14.30 pm kick offs

Premier Division
Altarnon v AFC Bodmin
Lanivet Inn v Gunnislake
Lifton v St Breward
Lostwithiel v Tregrehan Mills
Saltash Utd v St Merryn
Tintagel v North Petherwin

Division One
Calstock v Dobwalls
Mevagissey v Pensilva
Nanpean Rovers v St Minver
St Columb Major v Polperro
St Eval Spitfires v Gorran

Division Two
Biscovey v Lostwithiel Reserves
Bude Town 3rds v North Petherwin Reserves
Delasbole v Lifton Reserves
Grampound v S Mawgan
North Hill v Polzeath
Queens Rangers v Gunnislake Reserves
St Cleer v Boscastle Reserves

Southgate v St Dominic aswell in Div 1 

Losty 4 Tregehan Mills 2

A typical feisty local derby that was a game of 2 halves. The Millers dominated the first half and deservedly led 2-0 at the break and looked nailed on for 3 points. Substitute Bayley Phillips inspired a second half comeback and with the boost of a goal we started to show more belief. Further goals followed and in the end i felt we just about deserved it. A cracking game played in the right spirit and a good advert for Duchy football.

Lifton 1-1 st breward 

lifton looked in control throughout the 1st half controlling the ball and creating more chances but found themselves 1-0 down at 30 minutes when a st brewards Jaime Henderson was allowed time and space to get a shot away and past the lifton keeper with the help of a deflection. 
The second half was a very even affair with both teams pinning each other back for periods. Lifton’s break through came when the st breward keeper handled a back pass in the area and George murrian was teed up to score in the far post. Lifton looked the more likely to win it in the dying minutes but couldn’t find the winner.  

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Very young Polperro side yesterday with a lot of experienced heads missing, but the young lads will learn a lot from yesterday and their day will come. Exciting youth prospect Owen Unsworth, with 2 goals on his senior football debut, is one to watch 

Any reason for the absence of so many seniors? Might be wrong but Polperro R dominated that Duchy set up a few seasons back 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Roche Raider said:

Any reason for the absence of so many seniors? Might be wrong but Polperro R dominated that Duchy set up a few seasons back 🤷‍♂️

Very different side these days. A few players left and a few have moved up to the St Piran league side along with the former manager. Pretty much a new side this season, with a number of last year’s U16 side coming through.The players missing aren’t an excuse, more a sad fact of life these days. Hopefully see a more experienced spine in the coming weeks. 

also an unfortunate opening fixture for Polperro's 'new' team. St Columb were unbeaten in their 11 league matches last season and, if they have the same squad, will be a serious threat to every side in the division. I must have a word with Dan Code, i think their next league match is against Nanpean- bugger !

I never like to see big scorelines, not good for team spirit and can definitely put young players off, we can ill afford for more players to drift away.

Personally, losing was never a problem for me as long as i could enjoy the craic and get a pint afterwards - but those days are gone i suspect - 

Keep your heads up Polperro

Polperro reserves will do okay this year seems to me they just need more game time together I Believe they just need couple more expericed heads 

they can and should keep there heads up I’m the manager of st columb major and my boys turned up yesterday some of the football we played was outstanding I was disappointed with the two goals we conceded but overall happy with our performance 

and also very well reffereed by Paul cackett 

Can only wish Polperro good luck for there season nice bunch of lads 

15 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

also an unfortunate opening fixture for Polperro's 'new' team. St Columb were unbeaten in their 11 league matches last season and, if they have the same squad, will be a serious threat to every side in the division. I must have a word with Dan Code, i think their next league match is against Nanpean- bugger !

I never like to see big scorelines, not good for team spirit and can definitely put young players off, we can ill afford for more players to drift away.

Personally, losing was never a problem for me as long as i could enjoy the craic and get a pint afterwards - but those days are gone i suspect - 

Keep your heads up Polperro

Yeah that's the sad pattern of it. When you start getting slapped by cricket score lines, you question whether or not your Saturday is worth it. No one want's to spend 2.5 hours driving to have 10 put past them but nature of the beast I suppose! Head's drop and your love for the game just disintegrates. 

Biscovey 5 losty res 1

Poor from us at the weekend after 6 months with no football you'd have thought our players would have been right at it for the game. Lack of effort and energy from the boys. Wasn't good enough 

Full credit to biscovey. Good side who play decent football, new pitch at par track and lovely new goalposts making it a great place to play football 

We did score the best goal of the day 30 yard effort hit first time over the keepers head but its a footnote to the game in which we deserved nothing 

Very well officiated by Allan howells