Cornwall Football Forum

Helston away. Lets get at em !!!!

So, here we go again, Helston away. Our 4th competitive meeting this season. The story so far..... Helston 1-2 win, Falmouth 1-5 win, Falmouth 3-2 win. But that counts for nothing at 3pm later today. This game could go either way but we sense a little fear in their bellies when Falmouth T FC & the F-Troop roll into town because they know we have the ability to beat them. And since we beat them 3-2 in the CSC we have added two class acts to our defence, James Ward & Scott Kellow. These games are great for Cornish football, 2 towns, 10 miles apart going head to head. Really looking forward to this game. Helston are a good side with some great players but so are we. Our attack is full of pace and power, and our 2 victories over Helston this season has proved that when we are on it, they struggle to cope with that pace. So at midday today its.."All roads lead to Helston" UP THE TOWN !!  

14 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

So, here we go again, Helston away. Our 4th competitive meeting this season. The story so far..... Helston 1-2 win, Falmouth 1-5 win, Falmouth 3-2 win. But that counts for nothing at 3pm later today. This game could go either way but we sense a little fear in their bellies when Falmouth T FC & the F-Troop roll into town because they know we have the ability to beat them. And since we beat them 3-2 in the CSC we have added two class acts to our defence, James Ward & Scott Kellow. These games are great for Cornish football, 2 towns, 10 miles apart going head to head. Really looking forward to this game. Helston are a good side with some great players but so are we. Our attack is full of pace and power, and our 2 victories over Helston this season has proved that when we are on it, they struggle to cope with that pace. So at midday today its.."All roads lead to Helston" UP THE TOWN !!  

Oh dear! A bad dayat the office!

You must be very disappointed Alan as a life-long Town Fan.

Don't know if you would have picked it up from Twitter but Helston did deserve their win today. Town never really got going and a dodgy free kick was the difference in the first half, which Helston capitalised on with a slick routine. 2nd half after a couple of minutes, Town were refused a point blank penalty. Maybe the ref was unsighted but I was right behind the linesman and he had a great view. Helston then broke away and scored within seconds.

No complaints though as the better side won on the day. Town had no answer to the excellent Billy Tucker. If you can afford a player like that, then go for it in my opinion.

Still think Saltash will win the league and Helston will finish with nothing though.

25 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

You must be very disappointed Alan as a life-long Town Fan.

Don't know if you would have picked it up from Twitter but Helston did deserve their win today. Town never really got going and a dodgy free kick was the difference in the first half, which Helston capitalised on with a slick routine. 2nd half after a couple of minutes, Town were refused a point blank penalty. Maybe the ref was unsighted but I was right behind the linesman and he had a great view. Helston then broke away and scored within seconds.

No complaints though as the better side won on the day. Town had no answer to the excellent Billy Tucker. If you can afford a player like that, then go for it in my opinion.

Still think Saltash will win the league and Helston will finish with nothing though.

was a full strength side fielded ?

21 minutes ago, le boss said:

They only play a full strength side in the cups because they don't want promotion apparently😉

Thought there must be a reason.

21 minutes ago, le boss said:

They only play a full strength side in the cups because they don't want promotion apparently😉

Well, we got well beat today. Helston fully deserved it..... end of. We had loads of possession but lacked that final goal creating pass.  That's 2 wins apiece in competitive games this season between the 2 sides. Really impressed with the F-Troop today, kept singing despite losing and the blustery wind and periodic drizzle. It should be mandatory for every club to have a covered end for fans. Days like today I really appreciate Bickland Park and our wonderful Packet End.  So its 3 fully deserved points to Helston, Massey will be smiling. For us this season is all about the cups and finish the league as high as we can.  

1 minute ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Well, we got well beat today. Helston fully deserved it..... end of. We had loads of possession but lacked that final goal creating pass.  That's 2 wins apiece in competitive games this season between the 2 sides. Really impressed with the F-Troop today, kept singing despite losing and the blustery wind and periodic drizzle. It should be mandatory for every club to have a covered end for fans. Days like today I really appreciate Bickland Park and our wonderful Packet End.  So its 3 fully deserved points to Helston, Massey will be smiling. For us this season is all about the cups and finish the league as high as we can.  

But not top...lol

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

But not top...lol

4 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

i must of had ear plugs in then Jeff becauce most of 2nd half could not hear a thing , fair play to f-troop good support but totally out classed team wise . Money does but class in the end but no different to what Falmouth did year ago and bankrupted them 

6 hours ago, Bangle1970 said:

i must of had ear plugs in then Jeff becauce most of 2nd half could not hear a thing , fair play to f-troop good support but totally out classed team wise . Money does but class in the end but no different to what Falmouth did year ago and bankrupted them 

I would imagine you were stood in the warm outside the bar Bangle. Standing behind that goal in the 2nd half was tough. Our chants were drowned by the blustery winds and it was bloody freezing. But we stayed there in big numbers supporting our team. Yesterday was your day, well done, fully deserved and you did look a much better side on the day. But we've enjoyed knocking you out of 2 cups this season and if we played you next week at Bickland park in another cup tie, we would be confident of doing the same again. Despite losing we had a great day.

Referring to your comment about money buying class...….yes Town did go down that road 40 years ago, and paid the price. But we have learnt from our mistakes. That will never happen again at our great club ( Cornwalls Greatest). We will sit back next season and watch Helston go to step 5, recruit players from Exeter & Bristol and see how it all pans out for you. Good luck, you will need it. And believe me, I will feel not an ounce of envy as we, the F-Troop will continue to enjoy supporting our team and creating an atmosphere in Cornish football.     

6 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

But not top...lol

No Baks, not top thankfully. :)