Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League and Cup Results - Sat/Sun 4/5th May 2019

Results
Saturday 4th May 2019 
Lizard Argyle (Fred Williams) 1-3 St Ives Town (Max Davies 2, 
Ross Duncan) 
Att - 20
Mullion (Jack Price) 1-2 Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan 2) 
Att - 25
RNAS Culdrose (Daniel Hindmarch 2, Dylan Plenty) 3-5 Perranporth (Luke Wort 2, Justin Searle 2, Phil Lowry)
Att - 13
St Agnes (Charlie Kemp, Brandon Light, Marshall McAdams) 3-2 Redruth United (Andy Bishop, Ben Widdershoven) 
Att - 80
St Just (Jack Willis 4) 4-1 Carharrack (Tom Quinn) 
Att - 17
Wendron United Reserves 0-1 Penryn Athletic (Harry Roberts)
Att - 60

Sunday 5th May 
Supplementary Cup S-F 
@ Wendron 
Falmouth Town Reserves v Perranwell

48 minutes ago, Midlandsman said:

RNAS CULDROSE 3 PERRANPORTH 5

for match report and 223 photos,

please click http://aroundthegrounds2019.blogspot.com/2019/05/porth-turn-it-round-at-culdrose.html

Glad you enjoyed our League and glad you managed to get in some new grounds. Next time due to the FA restructuring there will be one or two more perhaps

Not the greatest game this season, after Carharrack took the lead. The game was level until the St Just keeper went forward for a corner after 74 minutes. Two more followed in quick succession before a fourth after 88 minutes clinched it. 

The Carharrack player called "Joel" was their best player. If he had been available earlier in the season they might have picked up some more points.

Rumours circulating that Perranporth wage bill exceeded £200 to acquire the services of THREE godolphin players yesterday. Gonna be hard to catch them now with those players available to them (for money) 

feel for the regulars that were either left on the bench for 90 or even dropped to the reserves for the day, and most likely for the remainder of the season. 

2 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Rumours circulating that Perranporth wage bill exceeded £200 to acquire the services of THREE godolphin players yesterday. Gonna be hard to catch them now with those players available to them (for money) 

feel for the regulars that were either left on the bench for 90 or even dropped to the reserves for the day, and most likely for the remainder of the season. 

Perranporth Reserves  couldn’t  raise a side for their game. Strange  that..

2 hours ago, winston said:

Closer to £300 so I'm told. No wonder the club keeps collapsing soon after winning some trophies. 

If that was the case it didn't show. Culdrose were the better side for long spells in the game and in my opinion it was only the fact that it was the 4th game that Culdrose have played in 7 days that led to tired legs in the last minutes. 

It is frequently said, with sadness, that player loyalty isn't what it was; but what about a club's loyalty to its players? Must be gutting to have played most of a season only to lose your place to a ringer for the final few games. It ought not to be beyond the wit of man to construct rules which prevent this from happening. Then again, it is one thing to bring in ringers to enable a club to win something but poor old Carharrack have had to bring in players just to survive. Rules could be formulated, though, I'm sure.

Fair enough when teams bring in a couple of players from leagues above here and there and towards the end of the season. Yes it's frustrating but it happens and always has. The crazy thing is when you hear about the money being thrown around. It's a rather expensive favour to be doing someone. Can't blame the players coming in and getting the money, it's those that are daft enough to pay it out that you question at this level of football. Lots of players help out lower teams but they do so because they want to and normally for free for the enjoyment. If youre having to pay triple figures for players to come and help you out at the end of the season...are they doing it because they reall want to? 

On 05/05/2019 at 12:08, InBrendanWeTrust said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I heard it was £2000! If we’re going to start rumours let’s be a bit more far fetch 

16 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I heard it was £2000! If we’re going to start rumours let’s be a bit more far fetch 

Don't listen to Brenda, St.Day was his last target and didn't even realize he had them down on his profile as the club he followed/supported.  He is renamed as InBrendawedonttrust.😂

3 hours ago, willy7 said:

Don't listen to Brenda, St.Day was his last target and didn't even realize he had them down on his profile as the club he followed/supported.  He is renamed as InBrendawedonttrust.😂

Hi Willy. I did actually follow St Day about 10 years ago - until they started forking out ridiculous money. Rumours of cars being given to player also. 

Now I just visit different grounds most weeks and try and see the better footballing sides in the league - St ives, Helston and Penryn my favourites to be honest. Enjoyed Illogan towards the end of the season also. And your boys at Vogue have had some good results lately. 

11 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Hi Willy. I did actually follow St Day about 10 years ago - until they started forking out ridiculous money. Rumours of cars being given to player also. 

Now I just visit different grounds most weeks and try and see the better footballing sides in the league - St ives, Helston and Penryn my favourites to be honest. Enjoyed Illogan towards the end of the season also. And your boys at Vogue have had some good results lately. 

They’ve played well lately because Joff gave them a car each plus a holiday . Behave yourself if anyone was given a car it was probably from Mays scrapyard😉

13 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

You just seem to come on here and moan and have digs at  most club's apart from the one's mentioned above.

11 minutes ago, willy7 said:

You just seem to come on here and moan and have digs at  most club's apart from the one's mentioned above.

Not at all Willy. Only St Day & Perran. Oh and maybe perranwell but everyone moans about them 😅

this is a discussion forum though - isn’t it a place for opinions as well as just the scores each week? 

18 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Not at all Willy. Only St Day & Perran. Oh and maybe perranwell but everyone moans about them 😅

this is a discussion forum though - isn’t it a place for opinions as well as just the scores each week? 

Funny that you have only been a member for less than a year but you still put St.Day as your club. As I said earlier InBrendaWeDontTrust. You just run down club's/team's not discuss.

59 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Funny that you have only been a member for less than a year but you still put St.Day as your club. As I said earlier InBrendaWeDontTrust. You just run down club's/team's not discuss.

Literally just praised 5 clubs in one post. I didn’t realise you didn’t have to put a club when you signed up