Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 0-3 Chelmsford City - Sat March 23 2019

Was actually at the game today doing my bit for Piran Films because he can’t get anyone else!

I have to say after witnessing that performance first hand, that I fear the worse for Truro this season. They have to get playing as a team again, which is possibly not easy with players coming and going so much. Sorry to suggest, but do the players care enough? Even Michael Meaker was relatively quiet (for him) on the touchline today! That is doubly worrying.

12 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Was actually at the game today doing my bit for Piran Films because he can’t get anyone else!

I have to say after witnessing that performance first hand, that I fear the worse for Truro this season. They have to get playing as a team again, which is possibly not easy with players coming and going so much. Sorry to suggest, but do the players care enough? Even Michael Meaker was relatively quiet (for him) on the touchline today! That is doubly worrying.

That's football - even if every side played great football and had the same quality of players, managers and coaches etc some would still get relegated! I think it must be boring if your side finishes mid-table year after year! A friend of my was so upset when his side was relegated, but was ecstatic the following year when they won the league below! Always look on the bright side.😀

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have the new owners,got different ideas for next season.?

8 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

That's football - even if every side played great football and had the same quality of players, managers and coaches etc some would still get relegated! I think it must be boring if your side finishes mid-table year after year! A friend of my was so upset when his side was relegated, but was ecstatic the following year when they won the league below! Always look on the bright side.😀

Exactly what I predicted.

Remember you saying something different.

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Truro seem to have folded since the Cornish Pirates takeover was announced. Perhaps there is a grain of truth in the rumours about the future of Leigh Robinson and Michael Meaker beyond the end of this season.

I have also heard rumours,the new owners are also prepared to drop a few leagues.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Have the new owners,got different ideas for next season.?

Exactly what I predicted.

Remember you saying something different.

I have also heard rumours,the new owners are also prepared to drop a few leagues.

They are indeed, they are predominantly Rugby people, so the Rugby will be where they are channeling all of their focus ( their ship so they decide which direct to steer. ) 

As for the management, it's virtually common knowledge that the Rugby bosses are going to give Truro City their budget which will be non competitive & force the arm of the current management duo to resign, hence the incoming of Steve Massey & a slight small investment that wouldn't cost the Rugby bosses any financial outlay. 

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

They are indeed, they are predominantly Rugby people, so the Rugby will be where they are channeling all of their focus ( their ship so they decide which direct to steer. ) 

As for the management, it's virtually common knowledge that the Rugby bosses are going to give Truro City their budget which will be non competitive & force the arm of the current management duo to resign, hence the incoming of Steve Massey & a slight small investment that wouldn't cost the Rugby bosses any financial outlay. 

Drop a couple of League's, bring in Steve who would build a squad of young promising Cornish talent.

A lot less travelling,saving finances,building a lot more Cornish interest,and maybe getting the community back into the Club.

New owners have already said they would like to have a reserve team with a youth set up.

If this did happen,I would certainly start watching TCFC again. 

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Drop a couple of League's, bring in Steve who would build a squad of young promising Cornish talent.

A lot less travelling,saving finances,building a lot more Cornish interest,and maybe getting the community back into the Club.

New owners have already said they would like to have a reserve team with a youth set up.

If this did happen,I would certainly start watching TCFC again. 

And that would leave helston in the mire !

6 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Virtually common knowledge Leeedsunited? You mean it's a rumour!

Would these rumours come the same source as the one that predicted that the Endorsed Group were taking over at Truro City. :yahoo:

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

And that would leave helston in the mire !

Surely the mire means swampy ground or bespattered with mud, sounds more like Bickland Park to me Nige. 

3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Would these rumours come the same source as the one that predicted that the Endorsed Group were taking over at Truro City. :yahoo:

Surely the mire means swampy ground or bespattered with mud, sounds more like Bickland Park to me Nige. 

Bickland Park is everything but a football ground, car wash, sales marketing suite, mobile cafe and so it goes on !