Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results plus updated table - Saturday 22nd December 2018

Results for
Saturday 22nd December 2018
Hayle 0-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke, OG) 
Att - 44
Helston Athletic Reserves (Charlie Young 2) 2-0 Illogan RBL 
Att - 35
Mullion (Chris Blee 3, Jack Price, Tom Bryant, Elliot Courtland, Lee Cattran, Charlie Glover) 8-2 Carharrack (Jake Gregory, Ben Glanville) 
Att - 35 
Perranporth (Justin Searle 2, Terry Campbell 2) 4-0 Pendeen Rovers 
Att - 32
Redruth United (Louis Matthews, Andy Bishop) 2-1 Perranwell (Phil Rees)
Att - 15
St Day (Tom Hogarth 2, Sam Buckley, Nathan Taylor, OG) 5-2 Porthleven Reserves (Kyle Fraser 2)
Att - 42
St Ives Town (Max Davies 3, Alfie Turner, Andy Barry) 5-0 St Agnes 
Att - 21
St Just (Ashley Ellis) 1-5 Penryn Athletic (Jake Shaw, Harry Roberts, Josh Sharpe, Ryan Reeve, OG) 
Att - 20
Wendron United Reserves (Ben Coleman) 1-0 West Cornwall 
Att - 8

Think it's correct at 5pm 22/12/18
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 22 15 2 5 79 26 53 47
2 PERRANPORTH 17 14 1 2 61 17 44 43
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 21 14 1 6 71 34 37 43
4 ST DAY 20 12 3 5 56 39 17 39
5 ST IVES TOWN 17 12 2 3 55 17 38 38
6 PENRYN ATHLETIC 17 11 2 4 64 17 47 37*
7 HAYLE 19 12 0 7 59 28 31 36
8 PERRANWELL 16 10 0 6 33 18 15 30
9 ILLOGAN RBL 17 8 2 7 42 28 14 26
10 MULLION 18 8 0 10 29 38 -9 24
11 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 18 6 4 8 40 45 -5 22
12 ST JUST 18 5 5 8 36 41 -5 22*
13 PENDEEN ROVERS 19 7 1 11 41 50 -9 22
14 ST AGNES 19 6 3 10 38 61 -23 21
15 RNAS CULDROSE 17 6 3 7 24 47 -23 21
16 LIZARD ARGYLE 17 6 2 9 39 39 0 20
17 REDRUTH UNITED 19 6 1 12 30 64 -34 19
18 WEST CORNWALL 15 1 3 11 15 58 -43 6
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 18 2 1 15 24 94 -70 3*
20 CARHARRACK 17 0 4 12 18 93 -75 0*
* POINTS ADJUSTED

Hayle 0, Falmouth Town 2

Goals in the 38th and 69th minutes.

Both teams started playing a high pressing game which speeded the game up: very good to watch, but neither team was able to keep it going for 90 minutes. Very feisty (Amber Rudd take note) encounter! Hayle went behind to an AWFUL mistake by their young 'keeper who probably won't make the same mistake ever again. Hayle ought to have been ahead at half-time. I disagreed with Hoony's decision on the "pass-back" that resulted in the 2nd goal but the decision having been made, the lad who took the indirect free kick did the right thing at 1 - 0 up by banging it across the crowded goal area. It could have hit anyone and gone anywhere and happened to cannon off a defender into his own net, so Hayle were down on their luck in a game they didn't deserve to lose. In the last minute I'd have booked the three Falmouth players who were (a) dissenting against the decision and (b) refusing to retreat 10 yards. Are those BOTH yellow card offences?

Hayle put their lights on again for the last few minutes - well done, them.

Both benches a disgrace, neither showing due respect to the ref - no wonder there's a shortage. One possible line of action might be to compel every club to present and nominate at least one individual for training and acting as a referee: a club failing to find anyone - former player or official - should be barred from competing! (Yes, I know, impossible to enforce but honestly, players and officials should not criticise someone doing a job they wouldn't do themselves.)

How many people are allowed to be in a dugout? In their league Truro City have to name all those entitled to be in the technical are. Maybe the Combo should look at this. At one point, there were ten people visible in Hayle's technical area and I couldn't see if there were any more sitting in the dugout; and a bit of touchline discipline wouldn't go amiss, either. For a few minutes two of the Hayle subs were kicking a ball to one another by the touchline and a couple of times the ball went onto the pitch during play. It looked very bad.

Falmouth No 5 very good: big AND fast. Impressive.

Flattering to be asked for full adult entry; some would be too vain to claim their OAP entry (Not me - but then I bought a couple of drinks from their vending machine!). Nice to sit down.

32 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Hayle 0, Falmouth Town 2

Goals in the 38th and 69th minutes.

Both teams started playing a high pressing game which speeded the game up: very good to watch, but neither team was able to keep it going for 90 minutes. Very feisty (Amber Rudd take note) encounter! Hayle went behind to an AWFUL mistake by their young 'keeper who probably won't make the same mistake ever again. Hayle ought to have been ahead at half-time. I disagreed with Hoony's decision on the "pass-back" that resulted in the 2nd goal but the decision having been made, the lad who took the indirect free kick did the right thing at 1 - 0 up by banging it across the crowded goal area. It could have hit anyone and gone anywhere and happened to cannon off a defender into his own net, so Hayle were down on their luck in a game they didn't deserve to lose. In the last minute I'd have booked the three Falmouth players who were (a) dissenting against the decision and (b) refusing to retreat 10 yards. Are those BOTH yellow card offences?

Hayle put their lights on again for the last few minutes - well done, them.

Both benches a disgrace, neither showing due respect to the ref - no wonder there's a shortage. One possible line of action might be to compel every club to present and nominate at least one individual for training and acting as a referee: a club failing to find anyone - former player or official - should be barred from competing! (Yes, I know, impossible to enforce but honestly, players and officials should not criticise someone doing a job they wouldn't do themselves.)

How many people are allowed to be in a dugout? In their league Truro City have to name all those entitled to be in the technical are. Maybe the Combo should look at this. At one point, there were ten people visible in Hayle's technical area and I couldn't see if there were any more sitting in the dugout; and a bit of touchline discipline wouldn't go amiss, either. For a few minutes two of the Hayle subs were kicking a ball to one another by the touchline and a couple of times the ball went onto the pitch during play. It looked very bad.

Falmouth No 5 very good: big AND fast. Impressive.

Flattering to be asked for full adult entry; some would be too vain to claim their OAP entry (Not me - but then I bought a couple of drinks from their vending machine!). Nice to sit down.

Not sure what game you watching Tom but not the same as me, I can’t recall the Falmouth keeper having to make a save and Hayle were not worth of the lead at half time nor full time. As for the back pass the Hayle player meant to pass it back but hit the ball wrong intention was there, if he was going to clear any normal player would of hooked it out for a throw in.. Overall a great result for town seeing they wee missing 7 players today👍👍

Wendron 1-0 West Cornwall

WC will be kicking themselves. Missed 3 or 4 good chances, including one of the worst offside decisions I've seen when through 1v1 vs the home keeper. Lino 15 yards behind play and not watching then stuck the flag up. I said I thought that might bite them on the arse, and lo and behold it did. A goal from Wendron about 10 minutes from time sealed the win. 1 goal was always going to win it, looked nailed on WC would get it but they didn't. Big 3 points lost. 

Charlie young had both helston goals today, both teams played some really nice football, looking to play out from the back, they were just more clinical in the final 3rd and to be fair the crossbar took a couple of great strikes in the second half from Charlie and thommo.

Played in good spirits and a nice catch up with some good friends 😀

Merry Christmas 😘

29 minutes ago, ballsax said:

WC will be kicking themselves. Missed 3 or 4 good chances, including one of the worst offside decisions I've seen when through 1v1 vs the home keeper. Lino 15 yards behind play and not watching then stuck the flag up. I said I thought that might bite them on the arse, and lo and behold it did. A goal from Wendron about 10 minutes from time sealed the win. 1 goal was always going to win it, looked nailed on WC would get it but they didn't. Big 3 points lost. 

Sorry mate but I disagree entirely. Agreed, the offside was controversial but Wendron dominated the game, having several one on ones and forcing the ‘keeper into a few great saves whereas the Wendron keeper only had a cross or two to deal with. I don’t see how you can say it looked nailed on WC would get the three points. Anyway, that’s the beauty of football. 

Have a great Christmas West Cornwall - good set of lads under Inchy. 

2 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

That last report is the beauty of football. We all wear rose tinted glasses and our club is best. Merry Xmas and happy New year to all club's and See you in the new year

Claret and blue tinted glasses you mean 😉

As I said, beauty of football - we all watch the same game yet all have different opinions from it. 

Wishing all a Merry Christmas! 🍻🎄

2 hours ago, big no 5 said:

Not sure what game you watching Tom but not the same as me, I can’t recall the Falmouth keeper having to make a save and Hayle were not worth of the lead at half time nor full time. As for the back pass the Hayle player meant to pass it back but hit the ball wrong intention was there, if he was going to clear any normal player would of hooked it out for a throw in.. Overall a great result for town seeing they wee missing 7 players today👍👍

Second  half Hit the bar ,  and young Jack   missing one on the line  , mmm 

Hayle  0-2 Falmouth tight game , at 44 plus two four legged friends ,  even first half  but  a mistake by the young keeper let in Falmouth to score  , shame  but he has played well  after stepping up from the reserves and will, learn . 0-1  half time  , second half good battle between the Falmouth strikers and the Hayle defence  , Hayle  hit the bar and another was missed from close range by young Jack  with the keeper stranded , Falmouth  moved d the ball well but still,  was a fairly even contest    then the second .with Alan hoon the ref today  adjudged  a sliced clearance  was  a back pass as the young keeper handled the ball  trying  to stop a corner , from the resulting  free kick  played across  the area it canoed  off keiron for an own goal . That was the last goal .  Fairly  even game with Falmouth  probably  shading the second half . Good match for the  supporters  watching  .

3 hours ago, big no 5 said:

Must have some squad if 7 missing  ???  

10 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Claret and blue tinted glasses you mean 😉

As I said, beauty of football - we all watch the same game yet all have different opinions from it. 

Wishing all a Merry Christmas! 🍻🎄

To be fair, I said one goal would win it and I was right. Couldn't see anyone scoring, too many missed chances from both sides. Not a lot of quality on display, but just thought on balance of chances WC looked more likely to score. Wouldn't say anyone dominated the game, was fairly scrappy and even. 

I must also state that I have no involvement with either side, was just on my way home from work in Penryn so thought I'd stop in and watch a game. 

Mean to disrespect to anyone from either club. Just watch as a neutral these days! You could ask 10 people their opinion and they'd all come up with something different, as you say the beauty of football. Hope everyone has a great Christmas, and all the best for the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

Hayle  0-2 Falmouth tight game , at 44 plus two four legged friends ,  even first half  but  a mistake by the young keeper let in Falmouth to score  , shame  but he has played well  after stepping up from the reserves and will, learn . 0-1  half time  , second half good battle between the Falmouth strikers and the Hayle defence  , Hayle  hit the bar and another was missed from close range by young Jack  with the keeper stranded , Falmouth  moved d the ball well but still,  was a fairly even contest    then the second .with Alan hoon the ref today  adjudged  a sliced clearance  was  a back pass as the young keeper handled the ball  trying  to stop a corner , from the resulting  free kick  played across  the area it canoed  off keiron for an own goal . That was the last goal .  Fairly  even game with Falmouth  probably  shading the second half . Good match for the  supporters  watching  .

Must have some squad if 7 missing  ???  

Yes we have had 2 suspended, 1 at a wedding and 4 unavailable so yes 7 unavailable.. so ho honhonand merry xmas

3 hours ago, ballsax said:

To be fair, I said one goal would win it and I was right. Couldn't see anyone scoring, too many missed chances from both sides. Not a lot of quality on display, but just thought on balance of chances WC looked more likely to score. Wouldn't say anyone dominated the game, was fairly scrappy and even. 

I must also state that I have no involvement with either side, was just on my way home from work in Penryn so thought I'd stop in and watch a game. 

Mean to disrespect to anyone from either club. Just watch as a neutral these days! You could ask 10 people their opinion and they'd all come up with something different, as you say the beauty of football. Hope everyone has a great Christmas, and all the best for the rest of the season.

No you couldn't as there were only 8 watching!

15 hours ago, ballsax said:

The wendron linesman was the same at St Day a couple weeks back. the ref had the over rule him  3or4 times!! shocking comes to mind 

Well, Big No 5, Hayle missed 2 chances in the 1st 11 minutes, then Hayle's 'keeper had to make a save on 15, but Falmouth's had to make saves in the 17th and 19th. Then on 23 a shot was deflected into the side netting for a Hayle corner. 25th minute, a "soft shot" from Falmouth, 28 - save by Hayle 'keeper; 30, Falmouth 'keeper held a free kick by Hayle; 32, Hayle 'keeper held Falmouth free kick. 33 - Falmouth shot deflected for a corner; 38, that awful blunder gifting Falmouth their 1st goal. So in the unlikely event that all Hayle's shots had been on target and not saved, you're looking at 6 goals. Ditto for Falmouth - 5 goals. so that 1 - 0 lead was lucky and slightly against the run of play.

In the 2nd half, 2 chances each including that indirect free kick as well as a Hayle cross coming back off the bar.

All the above data from notes I made during the game, watching as a neutral, no green or amber coloured glasses, just my Specsaver varifocals!

7 hours ago, Mynamesjeff said:

The wendron linesman was the same at St Day a couple weeks back. the ref had the over rule him  3or4 times!! shocking comes to mind 

Got a squad full of shocking linesmen! In fairness, he was over-ruled once at St Day - which happens regularly in games every week. Unfortunately we have struggled with getting someone to do it on a regular basis as our previous assistant’s work changed meaning we have to rely on players for the time being. Not ideal for anyone - us most of all. 

All the best 

22 hours ago, ballsax said:

Can safely say that decision didn't affect the game, as he was was a good few yards offside, I know this as I was the last man, a good few yards ahead of the strikers running through, with both being offside. 3 points lost is a definite exaggeration, a nailed on penalty in the first half wasn't given when the WC keeper brought down our striker. Anyway, Merry Xmas.