Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway recruitment needed

After a disappointing run of results - I’m hoping Lee and his management team get a few lads in to stop the rot before it’s too late.

After watching a couple games I think there is a need to change a number of places - especially defensively.

When Farks is not available - we look poor. Sam Hillson looking short of confidence and lacks pace.  

I would like to see Mikey Williams return to left back (runs from deep kill teams) and then get a pacy right back so we can go back to attacking down the flanks with full backs joining in!

Losing Glynn was a blow and then we have missed the presence of Carter recently (although I heard he’s back at weekend)

Finally - I must stress I back Lee to sort this out and still believe we can get promoted this year

It is injuries that are the problem at the moment. Once they can get a few players back, then that will make a big difference and will mean that players can be rotated out if they are struggling with form or confidence.No doubt Lee and Karl will be on the lookout for players that can strengthen the group,as all managers do, and are willing to join.Don't forget though that this is the same group of players that had started strongly in the league, and pushed Gloucester in the FA Cup. This league is undoubtedly a step up in terms of quality and strength in depth with no easy matches, it will take time to adjust

Let's not be too hasty, a couple bad results doesn't mean this isn't a good squad. The step up in quality, being punished every game for mistakes, and injuries have all added to the poor run. It's all a learning curve for the club given its their first year at this level, one which they will improve on for sure

No disrespect but the lad Hillson is very poor. If they are looking to get promoted into the Southern League then they can't have those average at best mid table peninsula players filling their line up. Too much of a gulf in quality between the strongest and weakest players in the squad.

Quality of the league not better !! It frustrates me seeing the same comments about a gulf in quality when there is no difference. 

Parkway have not improved since last season But should still have enough quality to finish in the top six as indeed would any of the teams in the top six of the south-western Premier League...

I personally think the only thing that’s changed is the running of the club, the facilities at the ground and the pitch quality.

I would think in order to get out of his league crowds of 250+ would be expected on a regular basis And that will really happen anymore.

Definitely agree with the goalkeeper comments though

There is definitely a step up in quality. The better teams in the league are better, and the bottom teams are better. The games were Parkway weren't getting out of second gear last year and still scoring 5+, have changed to Parkway either scraping a win/draw, or succumbing to a defeat. Out of interest Rocky how many Parkway games have you watched this season? Just so I can gather what evidence you're basing your opinion on

19 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

There is definitely a step up in quality. The better teams in the league are better, and the bottom teams are better. The games were Parkway weren't getting out of second gear last year and still scoring 5+, have changed to Parkway either scraping a win/draw, or succumbing to a defeat. Out of interest Rocky how many Parkway games have you watched this season? Just so I can gather what evidence you're basing your opinion on

What does it matter? You guys went for promotion, so just enjoy it and stop comparing with something you left.

29 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Jamie Lowry - in (when available)

Surprised the likes of Nick Hurst - Harry Evans - Landricombe brothers have not been brought in when tivvy are not playing

Mike Landricombe has played when he was available. Problem is most Parkway games fall on the same day as Tivvy games

10 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Just saw confirmed on twitter Les Afful has signed. If I'm correct wasn't he at Truro recently? 

Had several good years at Truro, then was part of a successful Taunton side.

Les is a wide attacking player, and a good addition to the squad, but is it an area of the squad that needs attention?  First thing that springs to mind is Mikey Williams being used mainly as a left back now.

13 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Had several good years at Truro, then was part of a successful Taunton side.

Les is a wide attacking player, and a good addition to the squad, but is it an area of the squad that needs attention?  First thing that springs to mind is Mikey Williams being used mainly as a left back now.

I think Afful would give us another option down the right wing. At the moment I like to see Mike Smith there, but the great thing about Smith is wherever you put him, he'll do a great job. Possibly Smith up top? Or are these signings there to boost the depth of the squad as a few times we've been down to the bare bones?