Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish Guardian jam packed with football articles this week

Dave, the St Austell and Fowey edition of the Cornish Guardian had 7 pages of "sport" but only short articles on Truro (yawn - are they even a Cornish club now?) and St Blazey, plus an advert for a charity game on Sunday at Probus (no issue with that as it's a great cause). No news, match reports, photos or upcoming fixtures.

9 hours ago, ant.tux said:

That doesn't always work

I know that Kevin Marriott has retired and i am sure Rhod Mitchell also. They both had what's going on in the football community at their finger tips. Not the same now.

Times have changed, the Internet in all its expanding formats has taken over.

You can send in all the information at your disposal but it may well not get printed. As the saying goes, 'you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

The Cornish Weekly's  group have no sports reporters and the editor responsible for the sports pages appears to have no interest in - and even less knowledge about - the major sport in Cornwall! After a lifetime of reading the Cornishman, I've now stopped buying it! It's only section of interest is the public notices - and I only ever checked that to make sure I was not in the obituary section!