Cornwall Football Forum

Senior cup semi final

What a match that was! Callington gave the G some serious problems at times and 3 - 3 FT was fair all round. The G should have won it but missed 2 pens, finally redeeming themselves in the resulting shoot-out / sudden death showdown. Both teams managed to play some attractive football though the woeful state of the pitch didn't help very much. Well done to The G - should be a cracking final v St Austell.

It was a great game but a lot of bitching from players and supporters but the biggest potty mouth was the G keeper. The number of times he used the f word or the c word in the direction of the match officials was astonishing and perhaps even more so the fact that nothing was done about it.

Couldn't agree more about the racket from the stands tonight - we don't need nonsense like that when there is exciting football to be watched. I'm all for cheering supporters but this was petty and immature nonsense all to no avail - they can put their drums away now for another season ....

In the end the lottery of penalties was the deciding factor between the two well matched teams at the end of extra time, when a draw was a fair result, the lead having changed hands 3 times I think (0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3). 

Godolphin certainly gave Callington some serious problems at times, and it was difficult to see who would win in normal and extra time.

It was unfortunate that for such a prestigious game that the referee clearly made the wrong call on a number of important and potentially result changing decisions.

Thanks to Bodmin Town for their organisation on the night.

Good Luck to both teams in the Final

Well done the G was watching the updates come up and when it was 3-3 i did think the G had blown it and missing the 2 pens . Must of been a great night would loved of been there , just seen the final result now because i had fallen asleep in my hospital bed .Doing the town proud G c u all on Saturday vs Torpoint. Well done Tania and the lads

The scoring and times were:

13m Callington 0-1 Godolphin

15m Callington 1-1 Godolphin

30m Callington 2-1 Godolphin

68m Callington 2-2 Godolphin

70m Callington 2-3 Godolphin

75m Callington 3-3 Godolphin