Division 5
Camborne Town 3v4 St Erme
Newbridge Athletic PvP Camborne Athletic
Newquay 4ths 1v3 Mabe Reserves
Stithians Reserves 3v2 Falmouth DC
Trevenson United Reserves PvP Storm Reserves

Newbridge Ath Vs Camborne Ath

NO GAME.

Newbridge pitch has too much standing water.

Council said no game. Shame as both teams where up for it and would have been a cracker.

On a plus point im glad as my keeper has been called in to work

Didn't think it would be on as we looked at it yesterday at work and struggled marking it.

Mawnan reserves 1 v 1 Holman Sports Club Reserves

Enjoyable game at Mawnan which is a bit of a trek from Camborne but that's fine with me as we are rubbish at meeting times meaning we always leave late resulting in reduced warm up times and pre-match running about so everyone's a winner.

Following our bare 11 rubbishness lately we surprisingly had a squad of 15 what was even more remarkable was the combined age on the bench were older then the combined age on the pitch......coops pushed that age a bit having returned from honeymoon the colour of a mahogany cabinet and with a belly that gingani was slightly envious of.....couple of departures this week we have lost our Turkish international Tarik to Illogan but got a decent swap with a promising right back Liam who is 15 years younger and had a good solid debut and Shane Richards has disappeared off to Redruth or as I like to call it the 'Nick Faldo' manoeuvre!! :)

Both sides were very counter attack so it was all pretty end to end stuff Old man Lavo rolled back the years running around like a blue arsed fly and Holmans got the breakthrough probably a bit against the run of play to go 0-1 up......as always it didn't last a typical up-ending on the edge of the area and 103 year old Mawnan stalwart Damo was switched on enough to pounce from the rebound for the equaliser. Jack hit the crossbar which clearly had been repainted recently as the thickness prevented it going in and 2nd half Mawnan had a goal controversially disallowed and I in a normal moment of madness ended up horizontal 3ft off the ground after slippingg in a Mark Richards styley however neither team could find a way through two good solid defences and it all ended 1-1.........I would write more but my Teas ready and its Rib night and I'm being glared at by the 'boss' ;)

Next week Newquay away........a bus trip may be on the cards if anyone pulls their fingers out :) :)

NO GAME.

Council said no game. Shame as both teams where up for it and would have been a cracker.

Didn't think it would be on as we looked at it yesterday at work and struggled marking it.

Was it that bad mate? They contacted me at 9am and said alot of standing water.

Enjoyable game at Mawnan which is a bit of a trek from Camborne but that's fine with me as we are rubbish at meeting times meaning we always leave late resulting in reduced warm up times and pre-match running about so everyone's a winner.

Following our bare 11 rubbishness lately we surprisingly had a squad of 15 what was even more remarkable was the combined age on the bench were older then the combined age on the pitch......coops pushed that age a bit having returned from honeymoon the colour of a mahogany cabinet and with a belly that gingani was slightly envious of.....couple of departures this week we have lost our Turkish international Tarik to Illogan but got a decent swap with a promising right back Liam who is 15 years younger and had a good solid debut and Shane Richards has disappeared off to Redruth or as I like to call it the 'Nick Faldo' manoeuvre!! :)

Both sides were very counter attack so it was all pretty end to end stuff Old man Lavo rolled back the years running around like a blue arsed fly and Holmans got the breakthrough probably a bit against the run of play to go 0-1 up......as always it didn't last a typical up-ending on the edge of the area and 103 year old Mawnan stalwart Damo was switched on enough to pounce from the rebound for the equaliser. Jack hit the crossbar which clearly had been repainted recently as the thickness prevented it going in and 2nd half Mawnan had a goal controversially disallowed and I in a normal moment of madness ended up horizontal 3ft off the ground after slippingg in a Mark Richards styley however neither team could find a way through two good solid defences and it all ended 1-1.........I would write more but my Teas ready and its Rib night and I'm being glared at by the 'boss' ;)

Next week Newquay away........a bus trip may be on the cards if anyone pulls their fingers out :) :)

Great report Pitty, but I seen the Turkish international Tarik playing for camborne town in what looked like a cracking end to end game, well first half that I watched from the edge of the kids park :)

NO GAME.

Didn't think it would be on as we looked at it yesterday at work and struggled marking it. Was it that bad mate? They contacted me at 9am and said alot of standing water.

Yeh mate, the drainage ain't the best due to the river and also the fact it used to be a rubbish tip lol

Trispen 0-2 Pendeen Rovers

Definitely a game of two halves trispen started very well playing down the slope putting us under a lot of pressure,it took us a bit of time to adapt to the pitch once we did we made a few chances going up hill but to no avail just before half time trispen had a dubious penalty decision given to them but our in form and mom Paul sweeny made a great save then couple minutes later made another great save 0-0 half time

Second half we came out a lot stronger playing down hill and applied a lot of pressure on trispen eventually opening the scoring with chris bullocks scrambled finish we were not really pressured in the second half by trispen with about 20 mins left our captain marvel Silas Sullivan picked the ball up about 20 yards out hit it with outside of his boot totally wrong footed the keeper making it 2-0 to pendeen after this we could have scored a few more but trispen keeper pulling off some great saves.

Great result great game and rather physical gd luck to trispen for rest of season

Both sides were very counter attack so it was all pretty end to end stuff Old man Lavo rolled back the years running around like a blue arsed fly and Holmans got the breakthrough probably a bit against the run of play to go 0-1 up......as always it didn't last a typical up-ending on the edge of the area and 103 year old Mawnan stalwart Damo was switched on enough to pounce from the rebound for the equaliser. Jack hit the crossbar which clearly had been repainted recently as the thickness prevented it going in and 2nd half Mawnan had a goal controversially disallowed and I in a normal moment of madness ended up horizontal 3ft off the ground after slippingtg in a Mark Richards styley however neither team could find a way through two good solid defences and it all ended 1-1.........I would write more but my Teas ready and its Rib night and I'm being glared at by the 'boss' ;)

Great report Pitty, but I seen the Turkish international Tarik playing for camborne town in what looked like a cracking end to end game, well first half that I watched from the edge of the kids park :) That's interesting as I'm sure hammers said the 7 days was from Illogan..........plus just noticed he's still signed to Holmans........does somebody need to be sent to the naughty step????

Accurate report from wazza.

We (trispen) should have gone in 2 nil at half time.

Second half Pendeen wanted it more and we failed to leave the changing room. Managed to make a few chances up the slope but we deservedly lost the 2nd period.

Their goalie was certainly mom which says it all really.

Good luck to Pendeen for the rest of the season.

Both sides were very counter attack so it was all pretty end to end stuff Old man Lavo rolled back the years running around like a blue arsed fly and Holmans got the breakthrough probably a bit against the run of play to go 0-1 up......as always it didn't last a typical up-ending on the edge of the area and 103 year old Mawnan stalwart Damo was switched on enough to pounce from the rebound for the equaliser. Jack hit the crossbar which clearly had been repainted recently as the thickness prevented it going in and 2nd half Mawnan had a goal controversially disallowed and I in a normal moment of madness ended up horizontal 3ft off the ground after slippingtg in a Mark Richards styley however neither team could find a way through two good solid defences and it all ended 1-1.........I would write more but my Teas ready and its Rib night and I'm being glared at by the 'boss' ;)

Great report Pitty, but I seen the Turkish international Tarik playing for camborne town in what looked like a cracking end to end game, well first half that I watched from the edge of the kids park :)That's interesting as I'm sure hammers said the 7 days was from Illogan..........plus just noticed he's still signed to Holmans........does somebody need to be sent to the naughty step????

Hmmm may have dropped him in it, naughty Tarik...

Yes it was definitely Tarik playing for Camborne against us St Erme, luckily we got the points so that's a relief! Little dissapointed as we agreed to let them sign a couple of players on but wasn't aware who it was until we got the game underway!

Hmmm jolzy only Tarik was the new player that I had noticed playing for them. Looked like a great game with both teams playing end to end and seen your keeper pull off two worldies first half.

Carharrack 3-3 Chacewater

Chacewater went infront early on with a tidy finish. Our persistance paid off with Ryan Stephens equalising before half time. We went behind again after not dealing with a long ball and then shackley finished off his hatrick with a well hit free kick. Then came the super subs (not myself) but debutant Jack Rapsey pulled one back with a very well taken header and will Harvey smashed home a goal mouth scramble to salvage a point very late in the game. Well played to the chacewater boys pitch Wasn't easy to play on at all and all the best for the rest of the season.

We're not at all bothered Minns wasn't sure if it was one or two. We wouldn't have agreed to it if we were not happy about it, but no you are right! Was a great game to play in and throughly enjoyed every minute of it, both teams played some great stuff. We've got no problem with Tarik or camborne town, they're a great of lads. May have been different if we'd lost the game ?

We're not at all bothered Minns wasn't sure if it was one or two. We wouldn't have agreed to it if we were not happy about it, but no you are right! Was a great game to play in and throughly enjoyed every minute of it, both teams played some great stuff. We've got no problem with Tarik or camborne town, they're a great of lads. May have been different if we'd lost the game

Was told by Steve Carpenter that its not optional and clubs can't refuse to sign late signing or transfers

Div 2

Marazion 9-2 Penryn

It was good to get back to playing in the league after so many cup games recently. This game was over after a 25 minute purple patch where we scored 6 without reply. Penryn was the brighter of the two teams for the first 10 mins or so but after Matty Thomas had rounded the keeper to tap into an empty net we took control and kept scoring. Adam Caul dispatched a penalty after Craig Rennard had been brought down in the box. Sanjay Vadgama then got his first coming around the back of the defence to blast past the Penryn keeper. Danny Ford (promoted to the first team for the day) then lobbed the keeper who was in no man's land. Sanjay completed his brace with a carbon copy of his first and Danny then got his second sliding the ball past the keeper. 6-0 half time and Kevin in goal had barely had anything to do.

Second half Penryn came out the stronger and pulled one back when substitute Anthony Stott's back pass was under hit and the Penryn forward went clear through to score. We soon restored the 6 goal advantage when Craig blasted home from close range. Penryn then scored from a freekick, which bounced just in front of a diving Kevin and into the back of the net. Matty then cut in from the left and blasted low passed the keeper and Fordy completed the scoring when he turned the Penryn defender and slid the ball into the back of the net.

Really good performance against one of the strong sides in our league. Took our foot of the pedal in the second half but the hard work had been done in the first half. Game was well reffed and only had one squirmish to deal with.

Kevin Waite

James Burlingham

Danny Taylor

Adam Caul 1

Ali Birch

Craig Rennard 1

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Sanjay Vadgama 2

Matty Thomas 2

Danny Ford 3

Subs

Anthony Stott

Adam Martin

Jack Ralph

Arthur Pearce Cup: Newlyn non athletico 1 vs 3 Madron...

Another great win for madron against a team.a.division about us even though missing quite a few key players, completely different side now we have confidence. Newlyn never really got going and we took full advantage of it and should have been atleast 6 or 7.

Scorers: Dan Pope X2, Lewis Thomas

Div 3

Helston 3rd 6 v Newquay 3rd 0

Superb second half performance from Helstons young team saw them seal the points. First half saw Helston have all the play but only a solitary Fraser Paterson goal to show for it. Second half Helston raised their game as Paterson went on to score a further 3 goals. George Molcher made it 5 with a superb finish and the rout was complete when 16 year old Ben Turner scored his first goal in adult football.Credit to Newquay never gave up.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, November 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, November 9, 2014 - No reason given

Gwinear Reserves 10 Gulval Reserves 0

Gwinear easy winners. Gulval never stopped battling! Obviously they've been having goals flying in this season but not once did they moan, lose heart or give up yesterday, which is a credit to them.

Our pace up top and accurate passing was just a bit too much for them. It would have been nice to see their guys in the pub after, the landlord always puts on food so there was quite a bit wasted.

Gwinear Scorers:

Dave Bartlam x3

John Lee x 2

Carl Stretton x3

Nick Troon

Jason Fenton

Penwith Exiles next week! Heard punches were thrown up Troon from them again yesterday! It's getting a bit repetitive hearing all about their on field antics now! Something has to be done, or at least someone at their club take charge and get rid of the people that are dragging their name through the mud! It's disappointing to hear! Before anyone starts ranting their mouth off at this paragraph, those who arent at the games can only go on what they hear and see on the grapevine!

It's getting quite annoying how everybody is jumping on the band wagon about exiles I'm not part of there club but have some gd friends that r up there either playing or management it's sad to hear everyone saying exiles are scum or thugs not being funny but there are always two teams out on that field and I'm pretty sure they are not going to cause problems for no reason unless you are actually at these games and see what really goes on think you should all keep your comments and thoughts to yourselves

It's getting quite annoying how everybody is jumping on the band wagon about exiles I'm not part of there club but have some gd friends that r up there either playing or management it's sad to hear everyone saying exiles are scum or thugs not being funny but there are always two teams out on that field and I'm pretty sure they are not going to cause problems for no reason unless you are actually at these games and see what really goes on think you should all keep your comments and thoughts to yourselves

Which is why I have hidden earlier posts from view until I hear back from the first contributor. Don't really consider it fair to be posting accusations unless actually present at the game in question.

Which is why I have hidden earlier posts from view until I hear back from the first contributor. Don't really consider it fair to be posting accusations unless actually present at the game in question.

well pretty sure Hecter8 plays for troon reserves who played against penwith yesterday so he probably was playing in the game...

Camborne Park 4- Four lanes 0

Great result for us against a four lanes team who battled for the whole game, but unfortunately for them didn't create much in the final third where it counts, a couple of long throws tipped away to safety, and a good save from our keeper low down from a free kick early in game was only real causes of problem for our keeper...

Four lanes midfield played ball around nicely but out wide didn't really ever get behind us and their lone striker was living off scraps to be honest, and we felt we was always a threat going forward and if kept creating the chances we would score goals and in end we got 2 in each half and in end it was a comfortable score-line.

Goal scorers :

Marcus Grasso x2

Mike Finlay

Pete Norfolk

Best luck four lanes rest of season two good battles against them this year top bunch their and good bit banter in club afterwards and they stayed for a good while appreciated.

A special mention to referee phil cuthbert, both teams management agreed he was superb in the middle, consistent in making decisions, spoke to players and was approachable all you can ask for really!

Next week St agnes home hopefully can keep recent run going