Cornwall Football Forum

No game tomorrow night!

No surprise but City Alerts earlier today gave out a very short and sweet email:

"Tomorrow night's friendly match at home to St Blazey has been cancelled.

Mike Truscott, City Alerts"

I appreciate it's not Mike's fault, but isn't it a pity that the service isn't being used to keep the supporters up to date with what is really happening with the latest crisis. It could then tell us all how far the club is coming to resolving something! :(

I was told the friendly was probably off last friday night. Not looking good when you cant keep to a local home friendly.

I was down Truro for Argyles friendly against them and I must say that if you take away the temp stands your left with a basic SWPL ground. The wooden boards around the ground are rotting away, the clubhouse is pretty average and there not alot to shout about.

They could be a SWPL club very soon.

No surprise but City Alerts earlier today gave out a very short and sweet email:

"Tomorrow night's friendly match at home to St Blazey has been cancelled.

Mike Truscott, City Alerts"

I appreciate it's not Mike's fault, but isn't it a pity that the service isn't being used to keep the supporters up to date with what is really happening with the latest crisis. It could then tell us all how far the club is coming to resolving something! :(

Let's be honest poor old Mike is in the middle of a very poor situation and I feel sorry for him too, he must be desperately fishing around for news like everyone else, even the players are asking the fans what is going on, no one trusts what the club is putting out any more when they do actually say something, for example what happened to that promised press release for 2nd August you mentioned in your article? most of the fans keep a weather eye on various players' twitter updates in the hope of a tit bit of news and hope for the best. Even if they do pay the players and find some cash to keep the club going winning back the trust of the supporters, especially the volunteers among them, is going to be a big task. Despite everything else the supporters have an unwavering respect for Lee Hodges and the team

Even if they do pay the players and find some cash to keep the club going winning back the trust of the supporters, especially the volunteers among them, is going to be a big task.

I think if we are realistic, one thing for sure has to happen before any trust and credibility can be restored by the club! :ninja:

Why after being being the big I am for so long and enjoying the glory of such success, why would you want to see what youve built up fall apart in such a dramatic way? All seems very odd.

Lets be honest, there wont be many who will want to offer as much as a few free hours work to clean up the ground with whats gone on.

That's a question that everyone's asking, the players were evidently told that those running the club would rather drop back to step 7 than part with the club even though it seems there was a solution on the table. Madness

that Argyle game wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the fans stepping in and volunteering, have a look at Lee Hodges post match interview. can't see many hanging around though.

It has been mentioned that Mr Heaney goes into a London hospital either this week or next for a major operation to be followed by about three months recuperation, hopefully a rescue package is in place but times are bleak however I wish Mr Heaney well and a sucessful and speedy recovery.

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, August 7, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, August 7, 2012 - No reason given

So in his 7 years,not once has his health been in question.

The Club is about to go tits up,and KH now has a major operation.

Coincidence,maybe.?????????????????

Dont expect me,to be sending him "a get well soon" card.

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, August 7, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, August 7, 2012 - No reason given

So in his 7 years,not once has his health been in question.

I may have questioned his Mental Health at times, certainly that of those who thought he was in it for anyone but himself. I will join Somerset Spur in also not sending Mr Heaney a card, but do wish Truro City AFC a very quick get well soon, in whatever guise they return to Cornish football.

WOW, Myself and Somerset Spur have both had comments removed on the subject of 'health' removed. SS alluded that he would not be sending Heaney a get well soon card, can't see anything controversial in that. I suggested that perhaps his or the mental well-being of those he had taken in may be in question but ended by hoping that Truro City AFC make a speedy recovery in whatever guise they return to Cornwall in.

Why is it that the Mods on this forum are so Pro Heaney ? Nothing here is slanderous or libellous, so why they deletion of sensible if barbed comments ? We all hope that truro City survive in one form or another, but even the most hardened die in the wool City fan wants Heaney out of the way so that the club can move on. I have stated from day one that he was bad for the club, only in it for himself and that it would end in tears. I was slated by all and sundry, still am in some quarters, but stuck to my guns. My sympathies lie with the original fans, I hope they still have a club and ground when the dust settles.

Just for the record, after waiting 5 months, I am due to undergo a major operation at Treliske (NHS) on 31st August, I will then be transferred to Hayle Hospital, followed by 3 to 6 months recuperation. I recently spent an afternoon in the next bed to an Uncle of Mark Vercesi, he had undergone a similar Op to the one I am having. I will miss Camelford away and possibly Falmouth away too, one that I was looking forward too more than any this season. How many games will Mr Heaney miss ?

WOW, Myself and Somerset Spur have both had comments removed on the subject of 'health' removed. SS alluded that he would not be sending Heaney a get well soon card, can't see anything controversial in that. I suggested that perhaps his or the mental well-being of those he had taken in may be in question but ended by hoping that Truro City AFC make a speedy recovery in whatever guise they return to Cornwall in.

Why is it that the Mods on this forum are so Pro Heaney ? Nothing here is slanderous or libellous, so why they deletion of sensible if barbed comments ? We all hope that truro City survive in one form or another, but even the most hardened die in the wool City fan wants Heaney out of the way so that the club can move on. I have stated from day one that he was bad for the club, only in it for himself and that it would end in tears. I was slated by all and sundry, still am in some quarters, but stuck to my guns. My sympathies lie with the original fans, I hope they still have a club and ground when the dust settles.

Just for the record, after waiting 5 months, I am due to undergo a major operation at Treliske (NHS) on 31st August, I will then be transferred to Hayle Hospital, followed by 3 to 6 months recuperation. I recently spent an afternoon in the next bed to an Uncle of Mark Vercesi, he had undergone a similar Op to the one I am having. I will miss Camelford away and possibly Falmouth away too, one that I was looking forward too more than any this season. How many games will Mr Heaney miss ?

Nemesis It is not very often that I agree with you but it does seem strange how some remarks which are very close to the bone,get printed but others which are less close to the bone remarks do not,

but one could go on about this for ever, at the end of the day I would much rather see some control on what is printed than none at all,

with regards to your Opperation as a Falmouth Town supporter I wish you a speady return to the front line of the Cornish Forum,

Hammers :c::thumbsup: :c:

Nemesis It is not very often that I agree with you but it does seem strange how some remarks which are very close to the bone,get printed but others which are less close to the bone remarks do not, but one could go on about this for ever, at the end of the day I would much rather see some control on what is printed than none at all,

with regards to your Opperation as a Falmouth Town supporter I wish you a speady return to the front line of the Cornish Forum,

Hammers :c::thumbsup::c:

I wish you hadn't mentioned things being close to the bone... OUCH ! Thank you all for your kind words off and online, I shall be offering nurses various bribes to let me out by 4pm on Tues 4th Sept.