Cornwall Football Forum

Treyew Road to be sold?

And how much of the sell off price will go to re-pay the amount he has 'lent' Truro City FC ?

Is it time for the Red & Blacks to rise up and take control of their own club ? The club has gone from owning it's own ground, to possibly being a minority partner or tenant at a ground that few people actually want, need or will ever use.

And why is Truro & Penwith College (Public money) involved ? Will they be selling off land at the current Campus opposite McDonalds to fund their share ? Far too many questions need to be asked, far too few answers or information coming from Inox or anyone else.

This marks the beginning of the end for Truro City FC. Not having its own base will knock the heart right o ut of the club. It will have no control over its income (no clubhouse or pitch-side advertising revenue for a start); will just be a tenant; will have nowhere for its reserves to play unless a second ground is hired; will have to work round the bigger club's needs (i.e. the Pirates needs - there will be constant disputes about the pitch); will never fill the stadium beyond the slim chance of a third round FA Cup game against a big named Premiership or Championship side; will, if ever the bubble bursts and the team gets relegated to Southern, Western or worse, look hugely ridiculous playing in the proposed white elephant with upwards of 9,850 empty seats.

Truly a sad day for Cornish football. I hope I'm wrong.

Can the club dispose of the ground including the playing area without "suitable" alternate provision being available? Is a rented pitch "suitable"? Surely not!

Have faith, you lot will be first in the queue for F A Cup Final tickets when City get to Wembley again following the dream with KH.

Can't be stuck at Cave Man level for another century.

I'm glad that so many did see Truro at wembley, it will never happen again. I wasn't one of them, my team were not playing.

Have faith, you lot will be first in the queue for F A Cup Final tickets when City get to Wembley again following the dream with KH.

Can't be stuck at Cave Man level for another century.

So you are saying you are pleased Treyew Road is being sold so the club can own a small share of a stadium that still may not happen. :ph34r:

This is a fab move for Truro. It needs to happen to push the club forward. I agree with Mountaineer.

But, with those in the hot seat, i can see why the loyalists would be worried.

For Heaney to compare the situation to my beloved Arsenal is crazy - you cannot even talk about the two situations in the same breath.

I hope its sold for more housing. This stretch of road just doesnt have enough traffic on it at the minute. Happy there is some MORE housing being built opposite the hospital and even more delighted that the road infrastructure is not AT ALL being improved to cope with the added cars.

Maybe it could be a massive shopping complex so that the only city in the world with one lane traffic leading into and out of it, from every direction, could have some more visitors to make it a little busier.

Maybe even a supermarket!? Tesco is bloody miles away from the site, think there is a Sainsburys near by and maybe a Lidl too but we could always do with another supermarket within a 2 mile stretch of road!

With the stadium not having planning permission yet and possibly a lot of opposition to the massive housing development which appears to be necessary to fund it, isn't it a little premature to sell Treyew Road?

I wonder what the timescale is.

The Cornish Pirates would require it to be built as soon as possible to enable them to possibly move up into the rugby Premiership although it looks as though Newcastle,who are bottom of the league,will be relegated so with the money being pumped in there next season,they will struggle to gain promotion next season.As their name suggests,they do not identify with any place in Cornwall so could re-locate anywhere in the duchy.

There does appear to be people speaking with forked tongues if the press statements and releases are to believed.No public money should be provided for this commercial enterprise as it will never be repaid.I fail to see how this white elephant proposal will fund itself,the public support is just not there,even for winning teams.

Could become a glorified Leisure Centre and those run at a loss

Suggest they put up a couple of grandstands at Carn Brea LC at least it would in the heart of Cornish Rugby territory

Probably the most sensible thing to be honest, more likely to be some money available through the whole Camborne/Poole regeneration pot.

Newquay Leisure Centre is an example of a White Elephant and I know for a fact that if St Austell RFC had their time over again they would downsize and do away with their Gym/Hall facility as the wage costs of running the site were estimated to run near £6k per month!

So sad that Treyew could ever be sold off and clear that this has always been an underlying ambition of Heaney.

If he was good for the money and had the interests of the Club at heart he would redevelop Treyew for FOOTBALL ONLY.

Anyone who thinks he can afford any part of £24m when he couldnt even settle with Derek Giles for tarmac pathways at Treyew are mad in the head.

Edited by Dave Deacon
Unfounded character description

Agree James Brent put nothing in, Mr Heaney tried to get Argyle out of trouble for months but was let down by others, Mr Heaney was the only person putting money into the Argyle saga, perhaps those there now could find a way to return the reported £300,000 he lost, there was a time Mr Heaney was the only ballplayer if he hadn't been there, there may not be an Argyle now. The administrators admitted Mr Heaney was the only person to put up and lose any money during the Administration process.

Agree James Brent put nothing in, Mr Heaney tried to get Argyle out of trouble for months but was let down by others, Mr Heaney was the only person putting money into the Argyle saga, perhaps those there now could find a way to return the reported £300,000 he lost, there was a time Mr Heaney was the only ballplayer if he hadn't been there, there may not be an Argyle now. The administrators admitted Mr Heaney was the only person to put up and lose any money during the Administration process.

Perhaps all the local businesses he failed to pay should start to feel sorry for him, maybe they will have a whip round !

the problem with kevin heaney is, that it is always somebody elses fault.

don't get me wrong he has done a hell of a lot for truro city but along the way he has not portrayed his own image with the general public very well.

you say that james brent has not put up any money but! he has been constructive and made things happen for the good of the club and the community and is making positive and logical sounds.

he is most definately not selling off the clubs major assets.

more importantly he has been working closely with the supporters

Heaney's money 'invested' into Argyle were non refundable deposits for the takeover hence he'll not get it back. His fault for not going the full way to purchase the club.

I would like to know if Treyew is sold & the new stadium built, Truro City have a home game on the same day as the Cornish Pirates, Which could happen, Who gives into who,? & where would Truro City go to play their home game,?

Falmouth would certainly not Welcome them,

All these posibilities have to be taken into account, The city Football club need to think hard before they sell the Treyew ground.

Hammers :c::blink: :c:

95% of the time, weekends could be sorted out so they wouldn't clash as the Pirates play their home games on a Sunday. If the fixtures were worked out correctly the pitch could have 6 days grace from a Sunday to the following Saturday.

The fly in the ointment would be home cup games for Truro City as they are random draws plus how would a pitch play if there is a rugby match on a Sunday and then a game mid-week.

This marks the beginning of the end for Truro City FC. Not having its own base will knock the heart right o ut of the club. It will have no control over its income (no clubhouse or pitch-side advertising revenue for a start); will just be a tenant; will have nowhere for its reserves to play unless a second ground is hired; will have to work round the bigger club's needs (i.e. the Pirates needs - there will be constant disputes about the pitch); will never fill the stadium beyond the slim chance of a third round FA Cup game against a big named Premiership or Championship side; will, if ever the bubble bursts and the team gets relegated to Southern, Western or worse, look hugely ridiculous playing in the proposed white elephant with upwards of 9,850 empty seats.

Truly a sad day for Cornish football. I hope I'm wrong.

Can the club dispose of the ground including the playing area without "suitable" alternate provision being available? Is a rented pitch "suitable"? Surely not!

Excuse me, A sad day for Cornish football !

I think not, it might be sad for your lot but to the rest of us it doesnt matter at all

Mr T - the following is taken from the 'Stadium for Cornwall' website:

"The money will come from three stakeholders - the developers Inox Group and Exemplar Projects (Truro) Ltd, Truro and Penwith College and the Cornish Pirates Rugby Football Club Ltd. Truro City Football Club are not currently one of the stakeholders but may play a part in the future, the report notes".

I stand to be corrected but think the Inox Group are the property developers and Exemplar are the project management company - both share the same office address in Exeter and neither seems to be too keen to publicise who their main people are (or am I just being paranoid?) .