Gillingham Town 1 Launceston 0

Newquay 4 Bridport 2

Penryn Athletic 0 Keynsham Town 1

Shepton Mallet 0 Porthleven 2

Swanage Town - Plymouth Parkway - - extra time being played

Torpoint Athletic 1 Tavistock 2

Penzance 1 Wellington 2

Chard 0v7 St Blazey.

Fantastic day out. Decent following of around 35 in front of 95 fans. The biggest slope on a football pitch. Only way to descibe the slope is to go in the clubhouse and look out the window. Look left and you can see the base of the posts. Look to the left and you cant even see the crossbar!!

Glynn and Laffs have got a cracking team spirit going. Every goal celebrated as a team. Great to see. :drink:

Anyone no the outcome of Swanage v Parkway?? St Blazey will be away to the winners.

i was away today. wat were falmouth like today

I was also away today(hols) but heard brief comments from the radio-I would say(being polite) a timid lacklustre performance.

Anyone who saw it today? What was the lineup?

Must be a concern only 9 goals from the opening 10 games.

23 players used so far

A good day out at Zambard Lane, for Paul and Dan Blazey (7 goals)

St.Blazeys's biggest Vase win since their last visit to Chard in 1986-87 when they won 8-2

Waiting for the report from Mr.Judge on Newquays fine win against Bridport.

mate tells me, falmouth team,

scoffin, rawlings, howlett, teagle, smith, puglise, thwaites, drummond, o hagan, slateford, carey.

subs, gibson, and 2 truro players he thinks.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Waiting for the report from Mr.Judge on Newquays fine win against Bridport.

Newquay 4 v 2 Bridport

A vast improvement from the lads and a much more recognisable team compared to recent weeks. A game for the neutral rather than the partisan fan. Newquay started with 4 (four) forwards in an attempt to swamp the visitors defence, it worked, The Peppermints were 1-0 within 5mins. Bridport struck back within minutes and the unfortunate Joff Bunt, making his first appearance since gaining a sun tan, sliced a clearance into his own net. Newquay then dominated the remainder of the half and went in 2-1 up.

It was 3-1 shortly after the break but it was Bridport who took the game to Newquay and got a scrambled 2nd to put Peppermints fans nerves on edge. Jim Hilton rang the changes bringing on Glenn Rogers, Luke Rigby and Dean Blatch for Orrin Crowle, Scott Palmer and Luke Whelden. It was 4-2 shortly after but with just 5mins left on the clock, Newquays 16yr old keeper Ryan Barnes suffered a suspected broken arm, with Paul Robertson having to take up the gloves, he made one cracking save.

Apologies for not knowing who scored and when, the medication I am on at the moment is playing havoc with my memory and nervous system in general. To make it worse, I can't even have a drink until after the op.

A fantastic result for the whole club, bringing the good times back to Mount Wise, as Jim Hilton said after the match, "this is the real start to our season". Everyone at Mount Wise hopes that the injury to our young keeper is not as bad as it appeared.

I played for Shepton Mallet against Port today. It was a good game that was very tight until the last twenty minutes with the game seriously looking like a draw we went all or nothing as an evening trip to Porthleven would have been interesting to say the least!! Unfortunately the gamble didnt pay off for us.

Think it confused a few people when they saw my name in the programme for Shepton, but it was great to see a lot of familiar faces.

Good luck to Kev, Vidal and all the Port lads in the next round....I think they probably had quite an enjoyable coach ride home :drink::drink::drink:

Oh and next time il get my diving header at the back post on target ;)

In reply to Tippee.....

Yes, a trip along the south coast would be good for all concerned. Were away from what ever so might as well have a trip to remember.

As for today, and the man of the match, I think it was a really solid display all round. Danny Nancarrow goal that was ruled offside was a great effort and never offside. He later made it 3-0.

But the new lad whos played for Crewe, Ben Rix, looked good today. Just took that extra second on the ball to give himeslf a bit of time and space. My MOTM.

Reski looked a constant threat.

Jay Isbell also played well after missing out on a starting postion in recent matches and with Danny Bance playing since his long suspension, a much stronger midfield dominated.

Chard 0v7 St Blazey.

Fantastic day out. Decent following of around 35 in front of 95 fans. The biggest slope on a football pitch. Only way to descibe the slope is to go in the clubhouse and look out the window. Look left and you can see the base of the posts. Look to the left and you cant even see the crossbar!!

Glynn and Laffs have got a cracking team spirit going. Every goal celebrated as a team. Great to see. :drink:

Anyone no the outcome of Swanage v Parkway?? St Blazey will be away to the winners.

You say spirit is great down at St Blazey, but I hear second team manager has quit because of bad atmosphere between 1st and 2nd team, dont shoot the messanger, just what I heard.............

Newquay goals were (I think) firstly Robbo who waltzed around the keeper to tap it in. Then I think it was Middsy following up to score the second. I missed the third due to being late out of the bar but apparently it was Middsy again. Robbo got the fourth following up from a terrific shot again from Middsy that crashed off the underside of the bar.

Bridport goals were courtesy of Joff's unfortunate slice that reminded me of my golf game and their ginger haired guy (nicknamed Scholesy by his teammates) who clipped in a nice swerving shot at the near post. This prompted some intense Bridport pressure but Newquay stood firm and got the fourth goal to settle the nerves at least until the keeper had to go off.

Well played :)

I played for Shepton Mallet against Port today. It was a good game that was very tight until the last twenty minutes with the game seriously looking like a draw we went all or nothing as an evening trip to Porthleven would have been interesting to say the least!! Unfortunately the gamble didnt pay off for us.

Think it confused a few people when they saw my name in the programme for Shepton, but it was great to see a lot of familiar faces.

Good luck to Kev, Vidal and all the Port lads in the next round....I think they probably had quite an enjoyable coach ride home :drink::drink::drink:

Oh and next time il get my diving header at the back post on target ;)

Pardon the pun, but I've No Idea who you are, enlighten us... a former Port player???

mate tells me, falmouth team,

scoffin, rawlings, howlett, teagle, smith, puglise, thwaites, drummond, o hagan, slateford, carey.

subs, gibson, and 2 truro players he thinks.

substitutes were, ollie gibson, lee coxon and jamie webb, think the truro guys would of been cup tied :(

Well somebody has to right about Falmouth.

Quite simply a dreadful performance. I came on here a few weeks ago saying there is nothing to worry about as they were trying to play football and I still stand by that comment. They have the players to do that and I am sure it will all click eventually.

As far as I can see there is no leadership, which you expect when there are 5 or 6 experienced players.

The link up play is poor and there doesnt seem to be any fight in the team. They certainly werent beaten by that good a side today.

Lets hope that there is some improvement soon :(

Falmouth Town V Clevedon United,

lets get one thing Clear Clevedon united are not a Weston league team they are in a league wich is the same level as falmouth Town,

in the first half there was very little to choose between the teams if anything Town had the most chances but as usual did not put them away,

Second Half you would have thought that Falmouth were 3 goals up, they never got started, & were completly outplayed by a side who were really no better than them, but a side who decided to take on Town & it worked,

Finally on this showing Falmouth town will be very lucky to avoid dropping let alone finishing at least half way up the league,

I feel sorry for Allan Carey because I agree with him we have to give a team time to work together,

he gets so called good players into his team, & they are no where near performing for him, whatever he is saying to them is seems that they must have ear plugs in, they are simply not listening,

Tom Smith & Allan's son worked hard & in my view were the best Falmouth Players,

A very down Hammers :unsure::c::wacko: :c:

Ben Rix is different class.

And the support yesterday was superb. The boys loved it.

Lets hope Glynn and Laffs can keep hold of him. You have to feel confident with them in charge that a good season is a real possibility.

Good to no the support helps the lads. Nice to see everyone come over and clap the travelling fans at the end. :thumbsup:

And finally....0v7!!! :yahoo:

Paul you better hope it is Parkway a trip to remember it certainly was. Set off at 10.15 alls well until main A351 road to swanage closed due to accident directed to secondry road which certainly was not suitable for a 52 seater coach highlighted when our progress was halted by a herd of cows finally arrived at 2.45. the ref did allow a 15min delay.beautiful scenery lots of deer no swans though. Thanks to the Swans commitee for their after match hospitallity 2nd to none and much appreciated by the Parkway following.

Hi Dean. No Idea is Josh Hoon, Alan Hoon's son who used to play for Perrenwell.

It was good to see you as well m8, a very good competitive game between two well matched sides. Felt that once we wethered the early onslaugh, we were the more likley winners. The lads really enjoyed their day out & the trip home was a lot of fun. Well done to my boys, you were all brilliant yesterday.

Scorers were, Matt Fox & Dan Stidwell.

Hi Kev,

Been away on me hols and so have missed the last couple of games. Pity about the HAYLE result but yesterday's win was a great boost for the team. Again you are proving those doubters wrong !! See you soon m8.

Love to Sahra and the babe. DOF

Plymstock 5 - St Austell 2 Saturday 19th September

Played in glorious sunshine this game provided some scintillating entertain for the large crowd and, to be fair, the score line was a little harsh on the visitors who did not finally succumb until they were reduced to ten men in the closing stages. St. Austell arrived at Dean Cross as league leaders and they soon got into their stride, taking the lead after only four minutes when a long ball from defender Dan Lean found Ollie Brokenshire who glided the ball out of the reach of Ben Hardie from fifteen yards. This early setback did nothing to deter the U’s who now set about their opponents with gusto but some wide finishing from Michael O’Neill and Joe Jasper ensured that the Lillywhites kept their noses in front.

Despite holding pole position the visitors were looking decidedly shaky at the back and it came as no real surprise when the home side equalised as the game entered it’s second quarter when O’Neill set Jasper racing clear and his angled shot from 16 yards flew past visiting ‘keeper Gary Penhaligon. The home side were now in full flow and with Jasper and O’Neill causing havoc they took the lead for the first time after 35 minutes when the form made ground down the right before squaring the ball into the path of the latter who was left with the simplest of chances. With the game entering first half stoppage time the U’s increased their lead when Paul Heveran sent O’Neill away and he rounded a stranded Penhaligon before rolling the ball into an empty net. The second period began with U’s, true to form, taking their foot off the pedal and within five minutes of the restart the visitors hauled themselves back into the game when a Lean corner was headed back across goal by Lee Whetter and Mike Body was on hand to apply the finishing touch.

It was St. Austell who were now bossing the game and with the home side seeming unable to string two passes it looked only a matter of time before the visitors struck again, but all this changed with ten minutes remaining when the Lillywhites were reduced to ten men when Chris Phillips was shown a straight red card for retaliating after a nasty challenge from Danny Murdoch. This was just the chance that the homesters had been waiting for and the closed the game out with two late goals. The first of these came when substitute Phil Burgoyne found Kevin Francis in acres of space and the U’s skipper ran on before slotting the ball under an exposed Penhaligon. It was left to left to new signing Mike Southgate to put the icing on the U’s cake when he was left free to stab the ball past Penhaligon and complete a highly successful afternoon for the home side.

No, it was definately Bromley sent off NOT Chris Phillips. The papers got it wrong too. Bromley commited a foul, not alot in it, the Plymstock number 3 retaliated by doing an "Adebayor" type stamp on Bromleys face. To which Bromley reacted to. Referee or home linesman conveniently didn't see the offence by the Plymstock player and Bromley was sent off.

As for the game, on the whole a very poor performance from us, never really got started and certainly a kick up the ass for out forthcoming games. Plymstock probably the best team we've played this season so far, but we played far from our best and definately believe we'll come out on top next time. No excuses. We just played crap!