Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Gardner Tournament Results 25/07/2009

I think Falmouth had 6/7 players out today so a good result considering. Enjoyed the match very much and wish Falmouth and Penzance all the best for the new season. However Penzance will have alot of travelling to do this season! Who is their furthest journey?

Falmouth much the better side at Pz.

Would not let the Magpies settle and play their passing game.

Nearest the 'pies got was a shot that bounced off the bottom of the post whilst Sid in the Pz goal was quite busy having to make one great diving parry amongst his saves.

Crowd we estimate between 140-150

Sorry I missed you today Paul.

I did a rough headcount just before half time with 140 on my notepad and a corner count of Pz3 FT 14

Lineups;

PENZANCE-Sid Taylor;Mark Hollands;Jamie Devine;Ryan Bushby;James Sreet;Josh Kemp;Martyn Moon;Greg Butcher;Andy Westgarth;Sam Cooper;James Miller:Subs used Geren James;Glen Squires;Ashley Thomas;Ryan Holland;

FALMOUTH-Jason Chapman;Ben Stidwell(Darren Friend 64m);Richard Kellow;Tom Smith ©;Dave Rawlings;Neil Slateford;Ollie Gibson;Hugh Howlett;Danny O'Hagan(Steve Winnan 32m);Matt Drummond;Dan Stidwell:

Goal Neil Slateford 31m Penalty

Referee Rigas Gatzianidis; Assistants Mike Williams (Falmouth)/ Grant Porterfield (Penzance)

Well Dave the yellow card/cards should stand, as for swapping players instead of red cards then the ref is at fault, I think it comes under failing to apply the Laws of the Game correctly. I think I can remember referee`s being disciplined for taking this action. Any offence under Law 12 should have been dealt with accordingly.

I think most of know that the yellow cards should stand, and so therefore, the ones that were swapped have got off lightly!

I can understand the "swapping/subbing" idea, because it is a friendly and all that, but if the ref was going to adopt that attitude, perhaps he should have left his cards in the dressing room!

Yes I can understand the temptation for a ref to do this in a friendly match (wants to be liked by the managers etc) but I did try it once at the behest of the two managers concerned and it is a double edged sword, the player who I had replaced certainly did not appreciate what I had done and persisted in giving me grief even in the clubhouse after the game. So now I apply Law12 as I would in any other game, if it`s a yellow thats a caution and a red they walk with the paperwork sent into the correct FA.

Yes I can understand the temptation for a ref to do this in a friendly match (wants to be liked by the managers etc) but I did try it once at the behest of the two managers concerned and it is a double edged sword, the player who I had replaced certainly did not appreciate what I had done and persisted in giving me grief even in the clubhouse after the game. So now I apply Law12 as I would in any other game, if it`s a yellow thats a caution and a red they walk with the paperwork sent into the correct FA.

I think if a game warrants payment to Officials it also warrants correct interpretation and enforcement of the laws of the game.

HELSTON - Barry Hennesey, Mark Wood, Mike Halibone, Graham Blake ©, Steve Shovel, Reg Pearson, Jordan Adlard, Colin Kettle, Phil Black, Neil Southall, Mike Davis. Subs - Tom Sobey, Andy Ashton, An Other.

Scorers - Southall, Davis & Pearson.

PORTHLEVEN - Richard Pennington, Paddy Gardner, Ashley Stidwell, Ben Medlin, Terry Rowe, Ed Timmins, Justin Searle, Mark Perry, Matt Fox, Danny Williams, Aaron Collick. Subs, Tom Wadsworth, Alan Thomas, Chris Morris, Nick Slade, Tadas Balciunas, Anthony Maddocks

Scorers - Og, Searle & Thomas.

Guest Mike Bassett

B.Manning is spot on, of course. Ah, but the players in question are from Penzance. No point reporting that to the CCFA: it would be like a Liverpudlian jury trying Gerrard. :D

Can't believe that Gerrard fiasco.... I heard you got a heavier punishment than him Rod??

:SM_carton:

B.Manning is spot on, of course. Ah, but the players in question are from Penzance. No point reporting that to the CCFA: it would be like a Liverpudlian jury trying Gerrard. :D

Rodney, you need to keep taking the tablets, your "Everyone loves Penzance" paranoia is affecting the humour that is normally associated with your postings. PS good luck in Stroud, if that is where you end up. long way from there to Lafrowda! Maybe you could car-share with your former players from Plymouth Parkway and split the costs :clapper: :clapper:

Never been punished in my life, Mike. Like Gerrard: good lawyer and sound medication when required. Don't you think B.Manning's point was valid ? If not, why not ? Surely not one law for Penzance/Gerrard, one for the rest ?

The advantage of the Parkway and Liskeard boys was value for money. Two encounters with Penzance, two wins. Job done. Shame Clever Trevor can't get the same value out of long-haul car passengers that I can, even though we've got similar dress sense. Not bad for a poor old scruffy Tewster adrift with you metropolitan sophisticates, though I say so myself. :D