Cornwall Football Forum

Treyew Road Sold!

It still sounds iffy to me. As long as Kevin Heaney remains in control of the club it will continue to be run like a badly-run juniour club. There is absolutley no professionalism in the running of the club. The man appointed as CEO was beginning to do a good job but like anyone else appointed to positions of authority, his hands have been tied by Kevin Heaney's autocratic and clumsy management style. The club faces its first league fixture of the season with some fans still not knowing whethter or not to commit to a season ticket, such is their uncertainty surrounding the club's future, and the club itself sees fit to tell their paying supporters nothing. The people closest to the club's everyday activities such as volunteer stewards and the like do not know who is in charge, whether or not their CEO is back, who is pulling the strings except that they feel (I've been gossiping around the various haunts of the supporters!) that Kevin Heabey is still in control despite some earlier statements about his intending to step back a bit. The club's public relations is about as bad as those of the Syrian government right now. The club sorely needs another rich saviour and what are the chances of that happening? Some of those I spoke to or overheard felt a hint of optimism when they thought Kevin Heaney was actually bowing out but have been overcome with a new feeling of gloom now they've learned he is still in control.

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

I should imagine that all the monies received will be handed over to a trust fund, administered by a supporters group and used for the future of football in Truro. They may even use it to buy some land so that they can play football when Treyew Rd is developed.

And maybe some of the money will payback those business that are still owed.... Then again pigs could fly

It still sounds iffy to me. As long as Kevin Heaney remains in control of the club it will continue to be run like a badly-run juniour club. There is absolutley no professionalism in the running of the club. The man appointed as CEO was beginning to do a good job but like anyone else appointed to positions of authority, his hands have been tied by Kevin Heaney's autocratic and clumsy management style. The club faces its first league fixture of the season with some fans still not knowing whethter or not to commit to a season ticket, such is their uncertainty surrounding the club's future, and the club itself sees fit to tell their paying supporters nothing. The people closest to the club's everyday activities such as volunteer stewards and the like do not know who is in charge, whether or not their CEO is back, who is pulling the strings except that they feel (I've been gossiping around the various haunts of the supporters!) that Kevin Heabey is still in control despite some earlier statements about his intending to step back a bit. The club's public relations is about as bad as those of the Syrian government right now. The club sorely needs another rich saviour and what are the chances of that happening? Some of those I spoke to or overheard felt a hint of optimism when they thought Kevin Heaney was actually bowing out but have been overcome with a new feeling of gloom now they've learned he is still in control.

Yes Sir,that just about sum's it up.

Its just the debt being moved on, a bit like the sub prime market that started the global recession.

Eventually, probably after its been moved a few more times, some-one is going to ask for it to be repaid, Truro will then be gone.

No money will ever be handed over to a trust fund run by the supporters, thats cloud cuckoo land, you know - fairy tale stuff.

can somebody please explain in rational terms how the Chairman of Salisbury City can fund two clubs in the same division? I've seen Mountaineer's North Korean Press Association style response defending our 'Dear Leader' on Tigertalk but this 'deal' is an absolute sham of the first order. Absolutely unbelievable. What the hell next?

can somebody please explain in rational terms how the Chairman of Salisbury City can fund two clubs in the same division?

I was just thinking exactly the same thing - how can the chairman of one club pay the wages of players from another team in the same league? Suspicions would certainly be raised should Salisbury be fighting for the top of the league and conveniently pick up 6 pts from their games against Truro!

can somebody please explain in rational terms how the Chairman of Salisbury City can fund two clubs in the same division? I've seen Mountaineer's North Korean Press Association style response defending our 'Dear Leader' on Tigertalk but this 'deal' is an absolute sham of the first order. Absolutely unbelievable. What the hell next?

The question should be "do the F.A.know"? :ph34r:

I cannot believe the mentality of people, many claim to be supporters of TCFC yet do all they can to discredit the club, It is sad they have the time scouring the websites looking for reasons to harm the club, at times I think in the hope they succeed.

No Conference or Football Association rules have been broken.

The Salisbury Chairman is Mr William Andrew Harrison-Allen

Salisbury City football Club Ltd.

Director - Operating under a voluntary arrangement. (Therefore NOT ACTIVE)

Mr Harrison-Allen is a Director of ELEVEN other companies where he IS ACTIVE

It would be advantageous if people read all of the item they are looking at rather than selecting just the bits they think may support their arguement.

During the good times, five promotions, a waltz down Wembley Way we all knew where the money was generated to pay for it, if truthful we all knew this time would arrive, we also knew that when it did we could do nothing about it, what we can do is support the club in it's hour of need hoping for an improvement in the coming years.

I wouldn't know about the North Korean press style, I do know that my brother died from his injuries fighting against them back in the 1950's.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TRURO CITY PICKING UP THREE POINTS AT BILLERICAY - Temp forecast 30C HOT

Even if Truro City fail in the future at least they have given it a good go. There are clubs in Cornwall who have had every opportunity to move up the pyramid but for reasons best known to them have chosen not to, these are the clubs who the doubters should vent their anger at as it stagnates Cornish football. I know the higher you go the more it costs but i hope Truro go all the way to the football league and I live 35 miles from the City so you can hardly call me an ardent fan, but I am a fan of Cornish football. Come on Truro, upward and onward.

Even if Truro City fail in the future at least they have given it a good go. There are clubs in Cornwall who have had every opportunity to move up the pyramid but for reasons best known to them have chosen not to, these are the clubs who the doubters should vent their anger at as it stagnates Cornish football. I know the higher you go the more it costs but i hope Truro go all the way to the football league and I live 35 miles from the City so you can hardly call me an ardent fan, but I am a fan of Cornish football. Come on Truro, upward and onward.

Ridiculous statement to make!! clubs don't make the step up because they can't afford it. TCFC had their sugar daddy for the last 7 years and now its finally catching up with them, in 2 years there could be no more Truro City. Anyone with money could get any club in the South Western league to the level that Truro are at now, sustaining it is the harder thing to do

Anyone with money could get any club in the South Western league to the level that Truro are at now, sustaining it is the harder thing to do

Now that really is a ridiculous statement!

How is it? If I had £10m to spend, I could get Newquay, Falmouth, St Blazey, Wadebridge etc into the league that Truro are in by spending money on better players, its not rocket science! The hardest thing to do is balance the books.

What did Truro have when Mr Heaney joined that other clubs haven't got now?

So where will whatever club remains after the cash has run out again in a year or two play ?. Yet another property developer thrown into the mix, the pressure to build on Treyew Rd will increase and I sense that the S4C nonsense will rear its ugly head again. As CC are as unpopular as the Gov't, who is to say that any plans that may be drawn up, won't be thrown out by the next administration. If Truro fans think this is the end of the saga, they are even more misguided than they were 7 years ago.

Good luck to Danny Carne tomorrow, talented lad deserving of his place in the first team.

It’s a ridiculous statement Darren because:-

You are equating the quality of Truro’s players with the money spent on acquiring them. Truro have had to pay over the odds to attract players to our remote geographical location. If you stick to your monetary view then you must regard Andy Carroll as one of the top 3 or 4 players in the premiership!

Your view does not give any credit to the managers or coaches. We have all seen how a new manager gets vastly improved results over his predecessor with the same players, e.g. Martin O’Neill taking over from Steve Bruce at Sunderland.

I admit the Truro’s progress through the Western League was fairly straight-forward, but their progress through the 2 divisions of the Southern League was a fantastic achievement, especially with all the travelling involved. The Southern League had a lot of quality players, many with Football League or Conference experience, e.g. Beaconsfield had Mark Nicholls who played premiership football with Chelsea.

Don’t forget Truro beat some very good sides when winning the FA Vase. Curzon Ashton, who they beat in the semi-final, included players who had been on the books of Man Utd, Man City, Notts Forest, Bristol City, Oldham.

So summing up Darren I look forward seeing you manage a Conference team in the future, but in the meantime it will be comforting for St Agnes to know that they have a ready made replacement should Kimmo ever give up!

hang on, I never said that I was manager! I said "if I had the money", therefore obviously I'd look to get the right people in. Being successful in football is all about money, regardless of what level you're at!

Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Blackburn have all won the premier league with the assistance of millions. QPR and Fulham have both got to the premier league by spending millions, Portsmouth did the same and see where they are now.

I've never doubted the ability of the coaching staff or the players, what I've meant is that if you've got the money you can bring players in. Look at the combo league, St Day have money this year and they'll be up near the top, take that money away and what would happen?

Lets also not forget that a lot of Truro players have had league experience as well, Hayles, Gritton, McConnell, Broad, Martin, Pugh, Hodges, a good side thats for sure.

hang on, I never said that I was manager! I said "if I had the money", therefore obviously I'd look to get the right people in. Being successful in football is all about money, regardless of what level you're at!

Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Blackburn have all won the premier league with the assistance of millions. QPR and Fulham have both got to the premier league by spending millions, Portsmouth did the same and see where they are now.

I've never doubted the ability of the coaching staff or the players, what I've meant is that if you've got the money you can bring players in. Look at the combo league, St Day have money this year and they'll be up near the top, take that money away and what would happen?

Lets also not forget that a lot of Truro players have had league experience as well, Hayles, Gritton, McConnell, Broad, Martin, Pugh, Hodges, a good side thats for sure.

I can assure you, from a good source, ie a couple of players there, that St Day, as a club do not have the money to play players. Any money being handed out for travelling,etc comes from outside sources and for most of the players will be in the form of beer money behind the bar.

We can now knock it one the head, St Day are NOT paying.

Ridiculous statement to make!! clubs don't make the step up because they can't afford it. TCFC had their sugar daddy for the last 7 years and now its finally catching up with them, in 2 years there could be no more Truro City. Anyone with money could get any club in the South Western league to the level that Truro are at now, sustaining it is the harder thing to do

I'm not saying they need to follow Truro but at least have a go at level 5, live within your means and the worst that can happen is that you get relegated and end up back where you started. A few clubs pay considerable money at level 6, why not do that at level 5 just got a travel a bit further thats the only difference, even so the more Cornish teams that go up the less travel and a better standard of football for the county. Surely it's worth a try.

I can assure you, from a good source, ie a couple of players there, that St Day, as a club do not have the money to play players. Any money being handed out for travelling,etc comes from outside sources and for most of the players will be in the form of beer money behind the bar.

We can now knock it one the head, St Day are NOT paying.

A bit like Perranwell then, players paid in jelly beans!!!! How much is a packet of jelly beans/pint of beer these days - DUH!!!!!

I was once told the moon was made of cheese, I believed that for a nano second as well.

Heaney quits, Webb becomes Chairman, club and ground bought by odd-named company with one named director who is allegedley connected with Heaney, Heaney declared bankrupt, no-one seems to know who the club's "executive committee" are, Conference instigates enquiry into question of clash of interests involving Club's "saviour", Woolcock (on-off-on-off CEO) apparently resigns tonight, Court case pending, Club remains resolutely mute, not deigning to give its helpers, supporters or players any kind of an explanation: RIP TCFC. What a shame such a successful team on the pitch over the last few years should have been run by such a totally incompetent and inadequate manager of employees, volunteers and supporters. All willing, competent and trustworthy personnel were systematically driven out of the club. How did such a person work his way onto the Times Rich List? In football you are as good as your last game so the euphoric Wembley victory and all the promotions mean nothing if the responsible person engineers the club's ruin, which now seems likely. I hope I am wrong. My heart goes out to the players and supporters.