Cornwall Football Forum

Truro v Andover

Don't know why the first goal was given to Walker. It was a very clear and obvious header by the Andover No 2. He wasn't even under pressure - he had a free header! We all saw it in the centre of the stand but Chris, on the PA, gave it to Walker and had his leg pulled for the rest of the game! I was glad Truro put in a solid performance after last Saturday's heroics (and after about fifteen minutes of airball that the tall Andover defence lapped up!).

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Funny how Truro only post quickly after a win and hardly ever when they get beat, not like say Foxhole and Newquay, by the way, both Newquay sides had convincing wins again today, just thought you'd be interested.

Funny how Truro only post quickly after a win and hardly ever when they get beat, not like say Foxhole and Newquay, by the way, both Newquay sides had convincing wins again today, just thought you'd be interested.

Never a truer word spoken. :thumbsup: Apparently Truro`s outlook is very good,when they clean their windows. :ninja: :yahoo:

A very good win against a side who came down to play for a result.Their league position counts for nothing,they are more than capable of upsetting most teams in this league.Was well impressed with their No 6,as good of defender as i've seen all season.

Liam Eddy the Cornwall youth player came on in the 2nd half and scored a great goal after beating 3 defenders and gave the keeper no chance.Good to see the City manager giving this talented young lad a taste of football in the southern league.This lad is certainly one to watch in the future with such skill pace and energy.

If you care to look back over previous threads,you will find a report on virtually every Truro game,on this

Forum.

Weather you like it or not Truro are now putting together a very impressive run of results,and are one of

the favourites for promotion,but there is still a way to go.

I for one like to wish them all the best of luck for the rest of the season,and hope to get in a few more

games,home and away,because they will need the supporters now ,more than ever.

No neutral ground for the play-off final.

Who ever get to the playoff final and finished higher in the league,will play at home.

If you finish 2nd,you will play home for the first game in a single match eliminator,win that and you will

also be home for the final,which is also a one off match.

Dont really matter to Truro,they are going to win the League.

Question

How much did it cost to watch Truro last season compared to this, forgetting the silly offer with the 250 free programmes?

I noticed that the average home crowd last season was 444 and so far this season it's 443. In fact there were 442 in the ground on Saturday.

I was just wondering how much extra gate money was coming in per average match and if it warrented the increase in cost going up through the leagues.

If they gain promotion for next season won't it be a bigger strain on the purse strings for perhaps little increase in numbers through the turnstiles?

Just curious as it's one of the things a committee would have to consider before taking promotion.

Yes Mr.T and Judge I think the Truro supporters here hate posting when they lose.

It's not like they have to do it that often.

Are you two aged about 11 and just started "big" school?

ctb you are rufflin feathers you naughty boy,judge you are a star,wheres the window cleaner? :ninja::ninja: :mellow:

What are you going on about.

Truro was only coming into line with the rest of the league,charging £8:00 for entry.

Of course entry fees will rise if you go up the League's.

Will Truro take promotion.?

I dont think you realise the ambition of the club.

Of course they will take the option of promotion.

:c::c::c::c::c::c::c::c:

Where were you when Truro really needed support?Oh sorry 15 years ago,when Truro were successful back then,are you a real supporter or only when their winning? :ninja:

somersetspur.

All I want to know is how much was it last year and how much this year. Multiply the difference by 443 to see how much extra cash the club get now compared to last year and then wondering if it covers the increase in costs.

For example. Say it cost £6 last year and £8 now. An increase of £2 so and extra £886 per home match. Multiply it by 21 home games = £18,606.

Do you think that £18,000 covers the increase in costs between this season and last. Probably not, hence the reduction in wages their poor players are suffering at the moment.

If they get promotion, how much is it to watch Southern League Premier, £10? Another £18,000 extra next season, will that cover all the extra costs?

Now do you see my point?

Question

How much did it cost to watch Truro last season compared to this, forgetting the silly offer with the 250 free programmes?

I noticed that the average home crowd last season was 444 and so far this season it's 443. In fact there were 442 in the ground on Saturday.

I was just wondering how much extra gate money was coming in per average match and if it warrented the increase in cost going up through the leagues.

If they gain promotion for next season won't it be a bigger strain on the purse strings for perhaps little increase in numbers through the turnstiles?

Just curious as it's one of the things a committee would have to consider before taking promotion.

The price for an adult is £8 and £5 for OAPs.To be honest I cant remember what the price was last season when we were in the Western Premier.I dont think the increase matters that much for a football fan who likes to watch the quality football that is on display.In fact even when the prices were increased just after Xmas to help with the increase in the club running cost the gates have not suffered.All the fans that I have spoken to still think they are getting good value for their money.Just goes to show this is the quality football that they have been deprived of since Falmouth Town were playing in the major football league many years back.Lets not forget football still exists outside the County,and some people like to see what the bigger teams have to offer

One way of making money.

To me a rip-off but these are wha they charge in the Southern League Premier

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/matchday.html

CTB you show only one club (Gloucester £8.50) who, as it happens, charge MORE than Truro City.

You do not mention Cambridge City £10 - Corby £9 - Farnborough £9 (£11 Stand) - Hitchin £9 again more than Truro City.

There are 10 teams (Banbury, Bashley, Brackley, Chippenham, Clevedon, Hemel Hempstead, Mangotsfield, Rugby, Stourbridge and Yate) charging the same per Adult as Truro City.

For reasons unknown 6 clubs (Bedford,Evesham, Halesowen, Merthyr Tydfil, Oxford City and Swindon Supermarine) omit admission prices from their websites.

A couple of clubs encourage the young supporter with lower than Truro City admission, the cheapest was £1 but with some the OAP's are charged more than the accepted half price for non league football, the 16/12 year old fans concessionary admission appears rather high with most clubs in the Premier division.

The Prince among thieves (if you are of the same mind as CTB) are Tiverton Town £7.50 (£8.50 Stand).

Cornishteddyboy, WHO ARE YOU ACCUSING OF RIPPING OFF THE SUPPORTER? surely NOT Truro City.

Face the facts, Truro City travel 9416 miles to complete their league programme, more with postponements, put that against the AVERAGE (per team) for the Premier Division of 4010 and you will appreciate more revenue needs to be generated before competing on a level playing field. Many Southern Premier league teams have LARGE NATIONALLY KNOWN COMPANIES as sponsors so Mr H's cash has a lot to compete with.

The team from the premier division who has the most travel is Tiverton Town with 6124 miles, that's 3292 less miles than Truro City have this season.

Truro City have what appears to be (at this moment in time) a 440 or so solid fan base paying slightly higher than previously experienced in Cornwall admission prices, they are enjoying good tough football, I haven't heard them screaming Rip Off, HOWEVER, I have witnessed dissent from the narrow minded jealous element that from time to time rears it's ugly head - they should really get themselves a life.

I resent the comment on my loyalty to Truro City by some people.

If you have been bothered to read any previous threads,you would realise how far of the mark you are.

You dont know me,so how can you judge.?

Over my 55 years,I have watched,and been connected with the Club,and still have many good friends,who

are associated in one way or another.

Although I have lived in Somerset for the last 15 years,watching and supporting Truro have never stopped,

but I must confess,I dont watch them week in,week out for obvious reason's.

You can sling as much muck,as you like at me,and other supporters,who you accuse of jumping on the

bandwaggon.

Truro are doing the County proud,along with the Pirates as well,if you lot don't like it.TOUGH.

So Mr.T,and the rest,go bury your heads.

Guest hammer3

Why rise to the bait? just ignore them mate, its the same old rubbish every week.

You only support Truro because they are winning

Truro are ripping people off

Truro this, truro that.

so, so boring lads.

Its pure jelousy, nothing more, nothing less. I wonder how they would of reacted if someone had taken Newquay by the horns, pumped some money in (which has to be done because of cornwalls location you idiots) and tried to push up the leagues?

ives dais it time and time again, how many man u, chelsea, arsenal and liverpool fans are there down here that have no connection to their "supported" clubs?

buts its ok to have a go at people supporting truro that actually live in or near truro or have a connection to them?

mindless.

and no in this thread i really couldnt care less.

None of you are getting my point.

I'm not moaning about supporters loyalty, entrance prices, etc but asking about the cost of promotions and if worth it.

I repeat.

The number of supporters this year is roughly the same as last so the club only gets an extra £18,000 gate income for this season. All agreed so far?

Yes? So I will continue.

My questions is with the increase in expenses the club has had to pay to compete in the Souhern League compared with the Western League how much more than £18,000 was it.

Now for the future.

If Truro go up and charge £10 per game they will say get another extra £18,000 from the gates compared with this season. Right, still with me?

By playing in a higher league again there are more demands on the club, wages, travelling, etc. The £18,000 won't cover the increase in costs so my point is IS PROMOTION WORTH IT?.

There are money troubles now what will it be like in a years time?

In my opinion CTB I think this is where half of the problem lies. I appreciate the costs of running things as I work in accounts but I do think that if the clubs who used to win the old SWL year after year decided to progress then there would be more Cornish teams on the ladder meaning that there could be at least one side in each league, thus reducing travelling. Get my drift?

Guest Man on the Post

CTB, your question is impossible to answer. It is completely pointless as there are too many 'unknown' figures. If you don't have actual figures then everything is just guesswork. :D:D

On the point of admission prices, how much do Penzance charge?

£3 for the 1st team

£2 for the Reserves

Fixed League prices.

I wonder what the break even crowd figures for clubs are if they had to rely on game day revenue only.

In other words - gate money, t-hut money, raffle/50-50 money, programme sales, programme advertising, ground advertising.

Each club knows it's income from adverts and ground adverts so can take that total from it's annual running costs. We will call that figure X

X will be the gate money, programme sales, etc.

So take a guess on the number of bodies that say Truro need to come through the turnstiles in a season to equal X, in other words break even if Mr Heaney wasn't around.

Mounts Bay Rugby fixed their buget for 700 through their gates but are only getting 250 even though they got promotion. They are in dire straits at present. Was promotion worth it to them-no. Pirates need an extra £650,000 a season to keep going.

If the club announced "sorry but prices have to go up because we are skint" how much would you pay to watch Truro? £12, £15?

Guest Man on the Post

Correct CTB, each club knows it's income and expenses. I don't, so therefore I cannot answer your question.

Thanks for details of the Penzance admission prices. Truro are 4 leagues above Penzance and therefore

£8 represents an extra £1.25 per promotion. Hardly a rip-off! :D

was just wondering how much extra gate money was coming in per average match and if it warrented the increase in cost going up through the leagues.

Not so sure that we don't already know all the answers to these questions! Promotion at this stage will not bring major more income into any club; yes - further promotion will require more revenue in as much as more travelling and higher wages if want to create another team that can ply themselves for a serious promotion bid; and finally, a mention of a committee! Well the committee doesn't have to consider anything, it's all down to one man in the end. If he says promotion to be taken, City will go for it; if he says otherwise, so be it.

The benefactor pulls the strings, and there isn't too much wrong with that at the moment is there! :D

On the travel front, a further promotion would not be too different than now for Truro City, an increased total mileage of around 1200 miles adding on average around 30 miles more each way per game.

Some Premier Division teams attract sponsorship from well known sources, perhaps Truro City could do the same as they advance, the credit crunch has sponsors falling by the wayside at this time, others may emerge in the hope to enhance their image whilst striving to regain lost ground commercially, although these are not easy times I believe Truro City will continue to be competitive on the field.

THE UNEMPLOYED :- Those who suffer most through no fault of their own when they lose their income may find comfort in supporting their local football club, it would be nice if Nationally there was a pricing structure brought in to enable them to continue supporting their local favourites, a kind of half priced concession.

Excellent, Mountaineer. Truro City could lead the way by offering cheap or free admission for the local unemployed, given their recent highly publicised contributions to local businesses and limited record on employing local Cornish people themselves !

However, so far, City have at least achieved most of their targets. It would make moral sense for anyone involved in the bankrupt banking system to start by donating their ill-earned bonuses to the club ! Any offers out there ? :D

Guest Helston Patriot

Well done liam eddy also!! :thumbsup:

IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRICES THEN DON'T GO AND WATCH. COULDN'T BE EASIER THAN THAT

YOUR PAYING TO WATCH A DECENT STANDARD OF FOOTBALL NOT MINING 7 COW KICKING.