Cornwall Football Forum

New Manager at Falmouth Town AFC

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that Alan Carey has accepted the job as 1st Team Manager at Falmouth Town AFC with immediate effect. We regard this as a major signing for the club and look forward to working closely with Alan for many seasons to come. We are now moving into 2009 with real optimism for the future both on and off the field and look forward to seeing everyone at Bickland park for the rest of the season!

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to everyone from all at Falmouth Town AFC!!

Alan is a big appointment for Falmouth Town and Im sure will do well there!!!!

I do feel sorry for Lee Mitchell who was in the hunt for the job. Falmouth lad whom I know has the club at heart and had a hat load of very good players from the Falmouth area whom were keen to return to the club and play for him and Falmouth Town.

Good Luck to Alan C and to Falmouth Town

I said on the main discussion board yesterday that I hope that Falmouth will have a better 2009,

But Boy I never dreamed that it would start as quick as that,

this is great news for falmouth,

Alan Carey holds a lot of respect at Town as a very fine manager, if anyone can turn Towns fortunes around it is Alan, I am sure that I speak for all of the town suporters, when I say a very warm welcome to you Alan,

Hammers :clapper::smiley20::c::c: :c:

First of all,congratulations to Major on securing what i'm sure will be a great appointment,nice to get some good news from Bickland. :yahoo:

Why did A.C. change his mind,when he turned it down recently?

And a big thanks from an avid supporter to Brynn & Tommy for stepping in when needed.

A happy new year to all at Bickland. :smiley20:

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth town will never be the club it once was ,

would not surprise me if next season they will be playing in swpl div 1 west.

shame really

Won't happen!

Why is it,someone always has to come on every thread,and start slagging off the club or clubs mentioned?

Town won't be relegated,have you looked at the league table recently?

Nobody has claimed Town are going to be the club they once were.

Why do people have such a problem with the success the club once enjoyed?

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Town were the biggest non league club west of Bristol (probably) in the two decades before I was born.

It's time we stopped living in the past. In the early days of the SWL, Falmouth had to seek re-election three years on the trot - coming bottom twice.

That was then, this is now!

Alan is a big appointment for Falmouth Town and Im sure will do well there!!!!

I do feel sorry for Lee Mitchell who was in the hunt for the job. Falmouth lad whom I know has the club at heart and had a hat load of very good players from the Falmouth area whom were keen to return to the club and play for him and Falmouth Town.

Good Luck to Alan C and to Falmouth Town

Winno,

Thanks for those kind words but you got to agree the best man got the job, I hope things workout for Falmouth Town and i do hope to see them back where they belong.

Guest Uncle Albert

I think it's a fair bet that Bodmin Town will be receiving a seven days' notice of approach from Falmouth Town for central defender Sean Flynn.

Flynn hasnt been back to Bodmin since his suspension after two red cards, but did recently turn out for Mr Carey at Mullion. I'm sure Flynn wont want to stop playing just yet, so Carey and Flynn could well be reunited at Bickland Park soon.

Falmouth Town......the Manchester City of Cornish football.

Heard a rumour that cause its the transfer window Sky Sports News are going to keep everyone updated with the speculation around transfers at Falmouth, can't wait to see what names come up on the info bar at the bottom haha!!

In all seriousness hope it all goes well for them.

Guest Man on the Post

Perhaps players have made a new years resolution to remain loyal to the clubs they are currently playing for and will not be moving to Falmouth. :rolleyes: :yahoo:

a positive start to the new year from falmouth, can any one give a history on Mr Carey ?

Also put my neck on the line pidge and say keep an eye on falmouth boys James Miller, Westy, Si Anderson all rumoured to be looking to go bk to there past fortunes to turn around the club they love !

Does this mean the club has changed its local player policy ?

No disrespect to Alan Carey but from what I have seen he always manages to sign the best players available regardless of where they come from. I for one am happy with that as I just want to watch good football week in week out, whether local players or otherwise.

So ,is Alan Carey going to work with the same budget as the previous management team?

I dont think so!!!!!

Alan will work to the budget we as a club have set him.Not a penny more-not a penny less!!

Mr Kimberley ,are you a politician?

You didnt exactly answer the question did you?

Happy New year "Concerned Too!" I'm sorry-I thought I was quite clear with my answer?! The budget is exactly the same one that was available to the previous manager. As I said-not a penny more,not a penny less!! Why the fuss over our budget anyway? Surely it's only FTAFC business?!!

There are a good bunch of lads at the club who are really committed to making Falmouth Town a major force in the SWPL with Alan Carey's expert guidance and a few new players to strenghten the squad.It's not always about money though, some actually just want to play for the club and the new manager.There are still lot's of league games left and the Senior Cup is up for grabs too!

Also now you know who I am-it would only be fair that I know who you are?! I also wonder about the origin of your psuedonym-curious?!! Perhaps a clue on here or a PM? :clapper:

Steve- checking all his posts he is definately a Truro City fan.

Strange he is questioning Falmouth business -surely he doesn't see FT a threat.

I'm just delighted we are the "talk of the town" again for the right reasons Mike! I can't wait for Alan's first match in charge!

There's been so much talk about what we do and don't pay our players this season.It's down to us and no one else in fairness. Better to keep a dignified silence methinks?! Are you going to the game?

The future is bright-the future is Black and Amber!!

Perhaps players have made a new years resolution to remain loyal to the clubs they are currently playing for and will not be moving to Falmouth. :rolleyes::yahoo:

I sincerely hope that alan carey doesnt try to sign any of the falmouth boys presently playing for other clubs in the area , They have not been to interested in coming back to the club up to now

Can the majority assume that Major holds some official capacity with the Falmouth Town club?

May I also add good decision by the club - if it is true of course :D

Yes you can Dave! I'm the Chairman and appointed Alan earlier today! :yahoo:

Well done major, Town have the man at last, He is absolutely spot on for the club . And the club are spot on for him , an ideal match :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

So ,is Alan Carey going to work with the same budget as the previous management team?

I dont think so!!!!!

Alan will work to the budget we as a club have set him.Not a penny more-not a penny less!!

Happy New year "Concerned Too!" I'm sorry-I thought I was quite clear with my answer?! The budget is exactly the same one that was available to the previous manager. As I said-not a penny more,not a penny less!! Why the fuss over our budget anyway? Surely it's only FTAFC business?!!

There are a good bunch of lads at the club who are really committed to making Falmouth Town a major force in the SWPL with Alan Carey's expert guidance and a few new players to strenghten the squad.It's not always about money though, some actually just want to play for the club and the new manager.There are still lot's of league games left and the Senior Cup is up for grabs too!

Also now you know who I am-it would only be fair that I know who you are?! I also wonder about the origin of your psuedonym-curious?!! Perhaps a clue on here or a PM? :clapper:

Thank you for an honest an upfront answer.

Even if i told you my name you would still not know me.

Not sure how you work than one out, you are a bit of the mark!

I dont think Truro see Falmouth as a threat,but as whistleblower says if the budget is the same why did Bowks not stay,especially if he would have been allowed to bring in players like those mentioned?

I dont think so!!!!!

Thank you for an honest an upfront answer.

Even if i told you my name you would still not know me.

Not sure how you work than one out, you are a bit of the mark!

I dont think Truro see Falmouth as a threat,but as whistleblower says if the budget is the same why did Bowks not stay,especially if he would have been allowed to bring in players like those mentioned?

It was Bowk's decision to leave the club-you'll have to ask him why.We've never stopped a manager from signing any player,quite the opposite.Player selection has always been left to the manager-we don't interfere with his choices. We've been short of players from moment Andy and several players departed from the club in early December.The second teamers that stepped up to the mark have played really well and along with the remaining 1st team have showed great loyalty and commitment to the club. Alan is strengthening the squad with his own selection.It's time to move on!! :thumbsup:

Guest Mawnans no 9

Rumours that Damo and Kev Morris are on there way back to Falmouth are not true. I have spoke to these boys or Pensioner in damos case and they are both happy playing football where they are.

Guest Postie Pidge

Rumours that Damo and Kev Morris are on there way back to Falmouth are not true. I have spoke to these boys or Pensioner in damos case and they are both happy playing football where they are.

What a relief!! :P

Bring in the big names as mentioned above and it will only be a matter of time before you will be right back where you are now. Carey leaves, and takes them with him. FT needs a young manager who can attract youth of to-day and turn them into stars of the future, not entice the money grabbers who don,t have an ounce of loyalty in their bodies. Lets see if the Falmouth Town comittee sticks with the players that stayed with you when the chips were down (I dont think so!) Good Luck to the lads who have played their hearts out in the last couple of games when others walked away!

What Falmouth Town need, as with a lot of local clubs at present, is not sucsess on the pitch but stability.

What does winning the league get you. A few quid and a lot of derision if you don't do for promotion (which is out of nearly every club's financial means anyway). I perdict that football in Cornwall, over the next few years, to become very insular with no clubs going for the big jump to Western League Premier. A Devon team may try if they consistently win the SWPL Premier and build up a strong fan base, have a solid set of club officers and most of all have the finacial backing to afford the jump.

There will other local clubs like Goonhavern unfortunately as I personaly think that there are too many smaller clubs at Step 8 and below and a few will either have to drop down a league or replace their reserve teams.

Most of the teams in the Cornish Junior leagues survive by charging subs and expecting lads to transport themselves to matches with no travelling allowances, but with the credit crunch expected to bite deeper there will not be the spare cash floating around in peoples pockets. What is the first thing people give up when money is tight, pleasure. They don't buy the Sunday paper, go out so much, cut down on luxuries, etc. For a lot of young lads football on a saturday will become a luxury and clubs that have 3 or 4 mens teams will have to find that they will have to drop one of those teams due to lack of players.

When the Mining and Fal/Helston leagues amalgamate it will be an ideal oppurtunity to streamline football in West Cornwall with clubs dropping their 3rd or 4th teams to survive. Can the Duchy League really survive with 5 divisions?

As I originally posted we need to calm down about management changes at clubs and give them time to find their feet in the current economic crisis. All clubs must tighten their belts or they won't survive.

There is no point going bust trying to attain a league title unless you really want and can afford promotion or it makes a mockery of the league system.