Cornwall Football Forum

New Manager at Falmouth Town AFC

Bring in the big names as mentioned above and it will only be a matter of time before you will be right back where you are now. Carey leaves, and takes them with him. FT needs a young manager who can attract youth of to-day and turn them into stars of the future, not entice the money grabbers who don,t have an ounce of loyalty in their bodies. Lets see if the Falmouth Town comittee sticks with the players that stayed with you when the chips were down (I dont think so!) Good Luck to the lads who have played their hearts out in the last couple of games when others walked away!

I think if alan carey brings success to falmouth the club should just sit back and enjoy the ride, Long gone are the days where players played for THE CLUB it just doesnt happen anymore . Dont get me wrong it would be a fantastic thing if players stayed with clubs through pure loyalty . And the playing staff at falmouth town would be entirely up to alan carey i dont think he would be at town if there was any committee medling . Managers leaving clubs and taking most of the team with them has been the way for some time now . But totally agree good luck to all the boys that have stayed with town . :thumbsup:

To stop players jumping ships, why not make the 7 days notice longer.............. The club pay the wages so let them have a bigger say in when players can leave teams. :thumbsup:

That's actually not a bad idea in someways! It may make players think more before leaving.It would also make sure that a club doesn't lose a number of players at the same time and struggle.I think that some players decide to go on the spur of the moment and sometimes regret their decision later.We should always retain the right to commonsense though, so that if club and player want to part company by mutual agreement,the 7+day notice period can still be waived.