Guest john

Should Bickland Park Relocate?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bickland Park Relocate?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

Guest john

Does anyone know where the club is going now that the chairman Graham Medlyn has resigned? I know Graham was at the forefront with the relocation of Bickland Park. Everything he said made perfect sense! To bring bickland park up to standard would cost thousands of pounds. A lick of paint does not fix these problems. That grandstand needs rebuiding that would cost thousands in it self. then theres the acres of grass around the ground that needs hard standing. my drive way has just been done for 2000. and thats cheap. i am just concerned that the club will not push for the relocation and Bickland park will be a even further health and safety risk.

Graham also did the pitch does that mean that the bar staff will be doing the pitch now that needs alot of work. As the surface is no better than Trezener. I feel very strongly about this as it seems to be there are alot of people that cannot see the real issues and just want to have a quiet bingo hall. and couldnt care if there was football or not. Its a football club and the social club surely is there to support the football club? I am not trying to stir up anything i just think people should realise the running battles that go on in this club by people who dont care about football. i think the football and social club should issue a statement where they want this club to go now? Because Mr.Medlyn seemed to have the right ideas!

Town play in the Dave Gardner charity trophy pre season. I wouldnt be surprised if general friendlies are against Teams like Holmans. I think it would be good to play against higher level of teams for fitness benefits. Playing teams below dont really tell you much about yourself. It just gives you false confidence if you hammer a combo team e.t.c

But this isnt what the post is all about. Who ever becomes chairman has got a big job on their hands cutting those big banks down bickland!

Ive just read the comments from John and I could not resist replying but as I am not registered I have asked Neil to post some information on this website. Graham has always given 100% to Falmouth Town and football in general and I know where the family stands in the pecking order in our home and that is below FOOTBALL, but as a family we have always backed him. The number of hours and personal money Graham has given to the club goes without saying. I have never begrudged the club any of this as I have seen the pleasure that he personally gets from it. I have always queried his positionh as chairman and have often asked if any other chairman has done the work behind the scenes like he has.

Graham loves Falmouth Town but feels he could no longer work with people that are negative about everything and are not willing to make changes and are stopping the club from moving forward. He has told me that as a team and with the right changes Town could be restored to its rightful place, as a club to be talked about for the right reasons.

Im not sure how Graham would respond to this letter but for once I am making a stand and telling all Town lovers that my husband loves your club and always wanted the best for it. I know it is going to leave a big hole in his social life, but hey! Who knows if the changes are made he may return one day. Thanks for your support Ann Medlin.

i think the football and social club should issue a statement where they want this club to go now?

So often it seems that club officers have a conflict of interest when it comes to the Football Club and the Social Club. Who is there because of who? Bit of a chicken and egg situation to some but in my humble opinion, there's no question that the Social Club is there because of the Football Club.

The Social Club should be doing all it can to help the Football Club, but going by the title of this topic, I think I might be correct in thinking some seem concerned otherwise!

At Falmouth, it has sounded that for a number of seasons now, the two have not been working together for the one objective - the Football Club. A great shame because whenever and wherever one gets in a conversation with people about Cornish football - Falmouth Town is one of the first clubs that gets named.

But, it's a club that hasn't won anything since 2003!

Regrettably though, both on and off the pitch the club has been on a steep decline now for a number of years and it's going to take a lot of pulling together to turn it around. Effort with everyone involved in the club working toether.

I know Graham was keen to explore the club moving, let's face it three million quid or whatever the club would get for Bickland would go a long way in providing all the new facilities the club would need, and the move to just down the road would be ideal.

In contrast, how much is it going to cost to renovate Bickland?

Time for the Social Club to get working hard - perhaps that "old wood" needs a bit of a polish to get it going, better still we can pretend its a magic lamp with its very own genie! I wonder what three wishes the real supporters of Falmouth Town would ask for? :D:yahoo: ;)

Guest omerta

im the third team manager of falmouth town and a prevouis committee member for 18mths during that time.I was appointed by graham medlin three years and i must say i am very disappointed that graham has stood down i know this would not of been without much thought and i fully understand his reasons. graham and me have never agreed on everything but we both did what we thought was best for the club and there is not one person who has did more to try and put falmouth town at the forefront of cornish soccer always supported by the tireless Ann he sacrificed a lot on a personel level for the benefit of the club ultimately to no avail. grahams departure wont be the first and its towns loss for sure i really do fear for the future of the club as they slip further and further of the pace with each season i have fought hard to get the infrastructure of the club correct below senior level but if the next appointments are not right falmouth town as a major force will be lost for good. i wish you well in what football has in store for you graham and on that note maybe our paths will cross again at a more thankful and cooperative makeup. regards tony pentecost

What 3 things do town supporters wish for ?

1) A little stability. We have had Massey and co in and out more times than a ferry at Dover in the last few years. I know managers change but I think it has been a case of too many cooks for a while

2) A word from the comittee about what the plans are for the future. It seems to be a secret. Why ??? It wouldnt surprise me if the club moved overnight and everybody turned up at Bickland park to be told we don't play there any more.

3) I hope that Bowks gets all the respect and support he deserves for someone who has been in the game on the local scene for a long time. Please give him a chance

Why is the social club getting such a hammering, no one on this thread has actually stated what the problem(s) with the social club are.

The bingo night on a friday seems to really seems to be a thorn in some peoples sides, i assume Falmouth would like to hold the occasional Friday game but cant due to bingo, i would of thought a compromise could be made and have the football on the Friday and change the bingo to a Sunday/Wednesday. If this is not possible why not?

Im assuming the " THE DEAD WOOD" as you call them support the footballing side with cash. Obviously the cash has to come from somewhere hence why the club runs bingo ,quizes, pool teams, darts during the week, if this never happened im pretty confident the money that is made over the bar from the football side ie supporters, players etc would'nt support a Falmouth Helston League team, never mind anything else.

John, i not sure if you know the set up behind the scenes at FTAFC but i think iam right in saying there is a social club commitee a football commitee and a executive commitee made up of the 2 commitees.

All decisions are made by the executive commitee which i believe the football commitee heavily outnumber the social commitee, so yes there is a joint commitee that should be working together that want a succesful football team and a succesful social club.

its the crap and negative people within the social club that are stopping the club from progressing.

Please explain in a little detail exactly what you mean by this stupid half wit comment.

What are they doing that is so negative? Please explain John, i dont know what you are getting at.

If you have any ideas John please tell the social club, im sure they will be very coperative.

Sad to hear you have gone Graham, best of luck in the future.

I hear only four first team players turned up to the dinner and dance last night. No Massey brothers aswell. They all had tickets. Also the football pitch has not been reseeded yet or had any work on it!! Leaving it abit late??

Just to put the record straight,Stuart Massey and his lovely wife came to the dinner last night.Stuart spoke well and presented the awards to the 1st teamers present.Steve Massey was due to come down as well,however his plane was delayed coming back from abroad.

Work on the pitch is in hand,although if you are volunteering to give us a hand on the pitch and ground,we would be delighted to see you! No help is ever refused!If you leave your number behind the bar in the social club,I will call you by return.

Is Andy Bowker still going to be Manager next season with all thats going on.

Andy Bowker is still going to be the 1st team manager next season as planned.He has assembled his back room staff and is preparing for the new season and looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Ive just read the comments from John and I could not resist replying but as I am not registered I have asked Neil to post some information on this website. Graham has always given 100% to Falmouth Town and football in general and I know where the family stands in the pecking order in our home and that is below FOOTBALL, but as a family we have always backed him. The number of hours and personal money Graham has given to the club goes without saying. I have never begrudged the club any of this as I have seen the pleasure that he personally gets from it. I have always queried his positionh as chairman and have often asked if any other chairman has done the work behind the scenes like he has.

Graham loves Falmouth Town but feels he could no longer work with people that are negative about everything and are not willing to make changes and are stopping the club from moving forward. He has told me that as a team and with the right changes Town could be restored to its rightful place, as a club to be talked about for the right reasons.

Im not sure how Graham would respond to this letter but for once I am making a stand and telling all Town lovers that my husband loves your club and always wanted the best for it. I know it is going to leave a big hole in his social life, but hey! Who knows if the changes are made he may return one day. Thanks for your support Ann Medlin.

Hi Ann,

The contribution that Graham gave to Falmouth Town over the years is almost immeasurable and way beyond what any club would or should expect from a chairman.His commitment both on and off the pitch will be very hard if not impossible to replicate.I guess that there was still a lot more that he did for the club that he never let on to anyone and that will be missed.

I find it very sad that Graham felt his only course of action was to resign from his beloved Town-he had his reasons and I respect that.You could tell by looking at him that something was not quite right.His vision for the future is one that lots of others share and we should all acknowledge that this is the way forward with better facilities,new pitches,new club house and bar.This would put Town at the forefront of Cornish Football and create a "Centre of excellence"bar none.

From a social point of view,releasing land for much needed housing to keep our youngsters local is the icing on the cake-everyone wins!!

Please tell Graham his many friends from both inside and outside the club wish him well and we hope to see him at Town in the near future.Enjoy having him back at home-but I guarantee there's only so much gardening and decorating you can do before the lure of the game sets in again!!

Regards

Major

Guest Postie Pidge

The dinner and dance was a good night with representatives from all sides.

Brinton Nute cleared up from the first team with Andy Bowker getting the top goalscorer.

Dave Rawlings won everything from the second team apart from top goalscorer which went to Luke Wort.

Brett Southeard was the major winner with the third team.

Guest john

Just wondering what people think? Should Falmouth Town sell Bickland park? With the cost of bringing Bickland Park up to standard in the thousands. A new ground would bring modern facilites to not be left behind the likes of the top teams.

Well i am happy to leave my name and be a groundsman for free. but i would only do it if the club has the ambition to move grounds. if this was still in progress i would be available. But it hurts me to see some people holding the club back by not wanting to move|!

What is the score on that front?

I know for a fact there is a load of hardworking people in the club for example, Mike Williams, Malcolm Moses with the youth teams, Susie Williams and more. But i would love to help out with the manual ground work and infact have been already!!!! But it would be good to know where the club wants to go with the facilities?

Hi John,

Thanks for your offer of continued help.Since my earlier posting,I now realise who you are! If you speak to Pidge,he will give you my mobile number.Give me a call and we can arrange to meet early on this week.Thanx once again.

Should Falmouth Town sell Bickland park? With the cost of bringing Bickland Park up to standard in the thousands. A new ground would bring modern facilites to not be left behind the likes of the top teams.

While I feel a great sense of pride in both Falmouth Town and Bickland, I also feel it's now time to move on. In the mid fifties Bickland would have felt like the Cornish Wembley, but sadly it now feels like a ground still in a bygone age. When it comes to spending money on facilities, it makes sense to invest in a new ground and build for the future. The social club has moved before, in the seventies it was in Arwenack Avenue, so what's the problem now?

Should Falmouth Town sell Bickland park? With the cost of bringing Bickland Park up to standard in the thousands. A new ground would bring modern facilites to not be left behind the likes of the top teams.

While I feel a great sense of pride in both Falmouth Town and Bickland, I also feel it's now time to move on. In the mid fifties Bickland would have felt like the Cornish Wembley, but sadly it now feels like a ground still in a bygone age. When it comes to spending money on facilities, it makes sense to invest in a new ground and build for the future. The social club has moved before, in the seventies it was in Arwenack Avenue, so what's the problem now?

I think you've hit the nail on the head-The current ground will always have a place in Cornish Football history.It's time now to create a new era for the club with facilities that match their ambition.The name "Bickland Park" could transfer to the new ground and become the celestial home for the football and social club.After all-home is where the football is!

Bickland park is still one away day I look forward to as a Blazey fan. Always a edge to the games and the atmosphere when St Blazey play there. The ground is big, but not one of the 4 stands is in good condition so you can see the cost to look after the ground would just be massive. Never forget being in Exeter for the day visiting family on a tuesday and that evening Argyle were at home to Kidderminster and St Blazey were away at Falmouth for a cup tie I believe. Decided to travel straight back to Falmouth only to get there and the ground to be in complete darkness as it had been called off!!! To late to travel back to Plymouth to watch them, and they went on to win 4-0!! Gutted!!!!!

Shame, Graham is a top bloke, who always seemed to have the best interests of the club at heart! Im sure it will be tricky to replace Graham! As for £3million it would be great to see a first class sporting facility for Falmouth. Without knowing all the ins and outs, its hard to see where resistence could come from. Quite possibly too many cooks............ An independant mediator can surely come in and make a decision with all the facts and arguments brought together.

Guest MAGIC FANS 87

I love going to Bickland Park as an away fan, its one of the games that I look for on the calender , big, and always a good atmosphere. Have to agree with Paul though, you can almost put your hand straight through the corrugated iron at either end! But i will sorely miss it if Falmouth do relocate

My avatar pic was taken at the far end there!! :c:

I read with interest the comments made about Falmouth Towns relocation. Graham has fought tirelessly on this campaign and It is obvious to anyone and everyone that the upkeep of the present ground is a drain on resources the club can ill afford and for this coming season a mere papering over of the cracks will have to be sufficient. Something of which appears to be a matter of course for some at the club. Without Grahams normal input at this time of the year, with two full time workmen on site they will be hard pressed to get it up to scratch.

With comments form a long standing member of Falmouth Town, still amongst it, stating that a move is merely pie in the sky and not going to happen whilst he is there, fills no one with confidence. This is in no way scaremongering or heresay as I have heard it myself. Other negative things said have been challenged and vehemently denied so we have to accept that as long as those intent on putting obstacles in the way remain, the job will be much harder to do. The fact of the matter is Falmouth Town must move to progress.

I read with interest the comments made about Falmouth Towns relocation. Graham has fought tirelessly on this campaign and It is obvious to anyone and everyone that the upkeep of the present ground is a drain on resources the club can ill afford and for this coming season a mere papering over of the cracks will have to be sufficient. Something of which appears to be a matter of course for some at the club. Without Grahams normal input at this time of the year, with two full time workmen on site they will be hard pressed to get it up to scratch.

With comments form a long standing member of Falmouth Town, still amongst it, stating that a move is merely pie in the sky and not going to happen whilst he is there, fills no one with confidence. This is in no way scaremongering or heresay as I have heard it myself. Other negative things said have been challenged and vehemently denied so we have to accept that as long as those intent on putting obstacles in the way remain, the job will be much harder to do. The fact of the matter is Falmouth Town must move to progress.

Surely this person has had his day and should move on now and progression take place? A lot of good people have left because of this person i guess?

At the end of the day does this mean that the two full time workers on site will need to change departments and do the football pitch aswell as mopping up in the daytime in the social club?

Just to clarify the two full time workers were employees of Graham who painted the stand and changing rooms and got them up to spec. They are not employed by the FC. As you probably know the football side of things is largely done by volunteers and those dedicated to Falmouth football.

It is my heartfelt opinion and the opinion of many others who fail to stand up and be counted when push comes to shove, that the person in question has and continues to be hell bent on keeping the club in the dark ages. Mark my words, good people have gone and I am sure there are others to follow

Guest Sennen

so the club has two full time workmen on site? Why does the social club need full timers? Surely part time bar staff is sufficient?

ok thanks. I know two more good person have resigned today. And have been with the club all their lives. They wear Falmouth Town on their sleeves.

Can this person in question be removed from the club in order for the club to progress? Can a independent person decide the case!

It will take more than one season's "papering over of the cracks" before the club could move even if the obstacles were removed.I would suggest 3-4 years at the earliest and that is with a fair wind behind them.

Falmouth RFC are a long way forward in ther proposed move from their existing ground to a brand new site at Menehay and it has taken them years to get to the advanced stage that they have now reached.

Yes but i hear the council want Bickland Park and channel four will have less obstacles due to the fact that there is no houses opposite to protest! The only obstacle my friend is one person in question!

Yes these things take time! but less time if everyone is singing from the same hymm sheet!

Whoever those people are have obviously chosen to make a stand. I applaud them wholeheartedly and can confidently say that they, along with others, will be the first to offer their services should the situation change. I think there is a united front who would welcome Graham back to stear it on the right course. In hindsight , I feel that we should have been more upfront with our views before his departure. That is the problem, people are good at moaning but it takes more than that. Those who retreat dont take the decision lightly, its the hardest thing to do, but often a couple of steps back allows you to move forward with a much more positive stride!

Yes if the situation changed im sure all the good people would be back. what an awesome commitee it would be if these people returned. but that is only if these certain people get the message that they are killing this club by not getting with the times! UP THE TOWN! I hope the likes of Graham Medlin return if the situation changed!

Yes if the situation changed im sure all the good people would be back. what an awesome commitee it would be if these people returned. but that is only if these certain people get the message that they are killing this club by not getting with the times! UP THE TOWN! I hope the likes of Graham Medlin return if the situation changed!

We all hear rumours banded around and I tend not to publicise them, but the committee wars have often been talked about on the terraces any given home game. My questions are:-

1. How does this "person" hold so much power?

2. What does it take to get him/her to change his/her mind, or failing that remove them from the committee?

3. What else would get Graham back?

These might seem like stupid questions, but I ask them as a concerned Town fan.

so why are we letting this person stand in our way

Surely this is what AGMs and EGMs etc are for, or is it a case of no one standing up and speaking their mind when the opportunity has arisen in the past. By the sounds of it, this must have been something that has existed for a while.

:SM_carton:

We all lament Graham Medlin's decision to resign, and he would be welcomed back by all on the Football Club committee at any time. However, all is not doom and gloom. Those of us that are still there will forge ahead with the dream of re-locating the club. When an obstacle is put in the way, a way around it must be found, and it will be. Those who do not want to see Falmouth Town move forward should ask themselves "what am I doing here?" and if the answer is not to better the club then they should go. The alternative is to get onboard. It may take time to weed out the negative ones, but weeded out they will be! People have short memories. In the past the very people that are critisisng now, are the same ones tha tput the club into financial peril against my advice a few years ago by paying the players more than the club could afford, but now do nothing to get the public back into the club. In the meantime, let us all get behind th eacting chairman, Steve Kimberley. Only today he has made postive steps to make sure that the third team continue after the resignation of the manager of the last few seasons.

Falmouth Town will carry on, and if anyone out there is willing to lend a hand then please feel free to PM me. Town may have to tread water for a while, but from the ashes the Phoenix will arise. Hopefully, new manager Andy Bowker will put together a sqaud to do us proud, but remember, Sir Alex Ferguson took 4 years before he achieved anything. The long term aim is to have a set-up that will help to develop local youngsters and bring them up through the ranks to the first team. If certain folk do not want that then they cannot call themselves Falmouth Town supporters, or indeed Falmouthians!!!

so why are we letting this person stand in our way

Surely this is what AGMs and EGMs etc are for, or is it a case of no one standing up and speaking their mind when the opportunity has arisen in the past. By the sounds of it, this must have been something that has existed for a while.

:SM_carton:

Hi Dave,

I think your observations are right regarding AGM's and EGM's.There may be a certain amount of truth in your statement.If people don't speak up at the right time,then they can't expect things to ever change? It is fair to say that with the cross section of people that are involved with and frequent the club,it's not surprising that some are against moving to a new venue.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but a majority vote if it comes to it should decide any democratic process.

It is however,the positive people who must "sell" the idea to the "we're not moving brigade" and outline the benefits to the club as a whole.As "Dozy Mare" rightly says,the club exists on the goodwill and efforts of it's committee members and dedicated fans but sticking plasters are only a short term fix and the volunteer base can only do so much. The club needs an injection of serious money to stay at Bickland Park and unless it finds a benefactor with real financial clout ,a move away is the most logical and sensible answer to secure a long term future.

Would the club like financial security,new pitches and state of the art facilities for generations to come? Of course it would! The only way to achieve this is to move forward. If an opportunity like this presents itself,then surely there can only be one answer?

No one said it was going to be easy and there are many,many rivers to cross before it would come to fruition.In the meantime the clubs immediate future is at Bickland Park.Rome wasn't built in a day but hey,the time to start building is today!! Good Luck to Andy Bowker and the club for the new season!

Interesting story in the press.

The Packet © Link

Blow for Town as Medlin quits

By Leon Prynn

JUST weeks after manager Steve Massey decided to stand down at Falmouth Town, the club now has to look for a new chairman following the resignation of Graham Medlin.

Medlin, who had been with the club for around six years, the last two as chairman, feels it is time for someone else to take over the reins, but his presence at Bickland Park will be sorely missed.

Said Medlin: "As chairman you want to take the club forward, but that is not going to happen at the moment because there is a minority within the club who have a negative attitude.

advertisement"There are some very good people and some very good workers at the club, but when some people are so negative about looking to the future you feel that you are banging your head against a brick wall."

Although he offered no in-depth comment on it, his proposal to relocate the club from Bickland Park to somewhere such as Channel Four was probably not universally welcomed and could well have been one of the reasons behind his resignation.

Referring to the possible ground relocation, he said: "Bickland Park was the Wembley of the West in the 1960s and 1970s, but not any more. The ground and its surrounds have been neglected for too many years and to bring everything up to scratch will take not thousands of pounds, but figures far in excess of that.

"It is a tired old ground and you can't keep living in the past. The club needs to move to a new ground and build another great period in its history, but some people are negative through and through and if you don't have their 100 per cent backing there's no point in continuing."

It's all a far cry from six years ago when Graham was invited to put advertising hoardings around the ground.

"Yes, I put boards on the grounds for a couple of years and then I sponsored the first team kit for two years. After that I became vice-chairman to John Garwood who left after a year and I have been chairman since then.

"I don't regret anything because I love this club to bits and who's to say that I might not return at a future date. No-one knows what the future holds."

Asked about the timing of his decision following the appointment of new manager Andy Bowker, Medlin added: "I've spoken to Andy and explained my reasons to him. I'm sure that he will stay and do a good job. I personally believe that he will be a good manager for Town, but the commitee has to support him."

Medlin was not only a figurehead for the club, but was also willing to help out financially and that could be another problem Town will have to solve. Competing in the South West Peninsula League is a costly business and Town will need every penny it can muster if it is to remain competitive.

He also did a considerable amuount of work on the ground and on match days would carry out a number of behind-the-scenes tasks.

"It takes a lot of hard work to keep a club like Falmouth Town going. I've enjoyed most of my time at the club and I want to wish the club every success for the future.

"I've finished for now, but I could be back in the game some time in the future, but that's football isn't it?

"I won't be putting my feet up,"said Medlin. "Just like everybody else I will get itchy feet come the start of the season, so I will be watching football locally. I will always support local football."

Commenting on Medlin's departure, acting chairman Steve Kimberley said: "It is with sadness and regret that we have accepted the resignation of Graham Medlin as chairman of Falmouth Town FC for personal reasons, with immediate effect. Graham has been a great servant and supporter of the club over many years and has worked tirelessly to keep us at the forefront of Cornish football.

"We would like to wish him and his family, all the very best for the future and hope to see him at Bickland Park again soon."

The club has also formally announced the management structure to take the first team forward for the new season 2008/09. It is - First team manager, Andy Bowker; assistant manager, Wayne Hewitt; fitness coach, Shaun Tozer; liaison officer, Neil Phillips.

The club will also be seeking a manager for the 3rd XI following Tony Pentecost's decision to move to Wendron United.

Guest town man

The root cause behind most of Falmouth's problems over the last 10 years is the lack of any longevity/continuity in hardly any area of the club's set-up.

Pidge: I call on your anorak tendencies to answer these questions if you would like. In the past 10 years:

How many 1st team managers?

How many 2nd team managers?

How many 3rd team managers?

How many chairmen?

Every time we have a new manager he brings his own team and they take time to gel. By Christmas we are out of all cup competitions, behind in the league and the season is virtually over in terms of chasing success.

Whose fault is all this?

1. The committees over the years, bred on unbroken past success have proved to have had very little patience in allowing managers to build a team over a period of time. As Quiet Man said, even Alex Ferguson

needed time. This has especially been evident in the turnover of the 2nd team managers.

2. Especially in the reserve teams the committee either may have made hasty decisions or had no choice in who should manage the teams. Ultimately for whatever reason, and not necessarily the fault of the managers, they have been largely unsuccessful excepting the third team of recent years. Apologies to the ex-managers who I am sure have all given of their best.

3. The "Massey Factor" Steve Massey has been manager twice during this period. He speaks well for the club but the hard facts are that he walked out once, in the midst of building a good young side, to join Truro and secondly for health and football reasons it seems. Who wouldn't try to manage a team with the financial clout of Truro and his health is beyond his control but ultimately his actions have contributed greatly to Town's lack of stability and continuity with regards the 1st team.

4. Historically Town have always had a big budget but excepting last season this has not always been the case in the last few years. Unfortunately money seems to go alongside success in this league. Top players will generally and understandably go where the money is and so loyalty goes out of the window. Squads are decimated every close season and the team must build again. A change of manager only exacerbates this.

5. There are very few people these days with the time and inclination to give up large chunks of their spare time in working for the club for free doing the unfashionable jobs like ground upkeep etc. A small band of people seem to do all the work. A chairman can only ask for things to be done and cannot enforce. If things dont get done he may ultimately end up doing them himself. This what happenned with Mr Medlin. This is unsustainable and after time the chairman will have to walk away.

The above may be a little "off-message" for this thread. In my opinion, if enough people want change there is a democratic process in place to achieve it. One person, whoever it may be should not be able to halt it. He should not be the reason for 3 people alledgedly to resign. I say, if you really care about the club, contact the acting chairman and offer your services or support. No need to join the committee and endure the politics etc. If everyone works together we might just get a positive outcome.

One last thing. The club has chosen Andy Bowker to be manager. GIVE HIM A CHANCE! We will not be instantly successful but we need to be patient and give him time to BUILD a team. I understand he still has a competitive budget for players. Other teams at this level have achieved more on less money by sticking with the right manager and improving the team over time. This is the way we must go.

UP THE TOWN!!!!!

Guest Postie Pidge

How many 1st team managers?

David Ball 1996-2001

Neil Phillips 2001-2003

Steve Massey 2003-2005

Garry Penhaligon 2005-2006

Steve Massey 2006-2008

Andy Bowker 2008 -

How many 2nd team managers?

Phil Kellow

Micky Westgarth

James Miller

Stuart Wilkes

Wayne Hughes

Phil Shapcott

Gary Pascoe

Bryn Wheeler

How many 3rd team managers?

Anthony Webb/Nicky Van Evelingen 2004-2005

Tony Pentecost 2005-2008

How many chairmen?

Roger Fenner

Mike Hodges

John Garwood

Graham Medlin

Who says we won't be instantly successful? Remember Dave Ball

to clarify something here : At the last AGM when we introduced the executive committee and voted them on

there were, including both sub committees, a total of no more than 15 people. The poll above speaks for itself in some respects with the number of replies. Glad Leon has asked for people to vote on relocation via the Packet ! We have placed the person with negative ideas among the high and mighty which is not where he belongs. He is not the only one with these views either and yes selling the positive ideas to these people is the best way. One thing to remember is this FALMOUTH TOWN IS NO LONGER A MEMBERS CLUB and it is trying to run as a lucrative business. The viewpoint from eebrows33 on another thread stated that without the bingo, eucre and quiz night who would pay players wages? as the amount taken over the bar from players hardly scratched the surface. With all teams being catered for by way of food this season the club has made every effort to encourage players to use the clubhouse but when sexist remarks are made about why the ladies arent at home cooking or cleaning on a Sunday afternoon you can see what barriers turn people away. Geographics were a major factor in the first team being able to stay but Bryan has made every effort with his team, to support the club as has some of the youth.

the club should be somewhere that when you walk in you are greeted with a smile and made to feel welcome. We should look at ways of generating a new influx of people, young blood ! and we have spoken many a time about having a jamming session on a Friday night for young people to let Falmouth know what talent the Town has in its midst. Kids discos for the youth during the holidays !! U see the same 6 bands on rotation on a Saturday night and it quite frankly needs a bullet up its arse! Until the clubhouse is managed properly and ideas acted upon we will have to be satisfied with mediocrity.

it should be pointed out that a letter is up in the clubhouse and in the Home changing room and on the Falmouth Town website emphasising the importance of volunteers. Where the hell were you all season ?? If ou are all going to come out of the woodwork and rally around now, whilst I appreciate your enthusiasm, it makes a mockery of the exhausted few who kept the last season together.