Should Bickland Park be relocated?

Guest john

Should Bickland Park Relocate?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bickland Park Relocate?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

I have looked over the wall at Bickland Park in the last couple of days since reading this thread and wonder if the people close to Falmouth could answer a question for me please?

Would it be frowned upon to spend the money on Bickland Park if it were available?

From reading the opinions of everyone who has contributed, there appears to be an underbelly that love Bickland Park.

Therefore, if the chance arose to spend a considerable amount of money on the existing ground, would it be welcomed?

This wouldnt rule out a move, as one member rightly stated; a move will take years to complete.

It could however make the remaining years a little easier!

Your thoughts are appreciated.........

Guest john

I think if Bickland Park was to stay you would need a new grandstand. The current one is outdated. the wooden seats are old fasioned and rotting away, the changing rooms are dark and gloomy and cold!

The public toilets are in a disgusting state. They are located in bricks that need knocking down.

The ground surroundings is overgrown and is high maintanance, strimming constantly.

The ground has no hard standing just slippery walk ways.

the posts around the ground are old fasioned.

What would the cost of refurbishment be? Lets be realistic what the chances of a sponsor covering the cost of thousands of pounds?

A move would make more sense then you could have money left over from the sale and new ground. therefore could bank it and run the team on the interest. Then with sponsor money on top be a force in Cornish football again! Or just cover up the cracks at Bickland and continue to fade away!

UP THE TOWN!!!!!

Keep the opinions coming everyone, they are very useful.

Pidge, money isnt my issue; its whether such investment would be welcomed.

Replacing the asbestos roof and upgrading the supports may not be the nasty and expensive job you describe.

Soil Sports is a new company that you will come to learn very soon are behind the redevelopment of Poltair Park. My business partner and I are keen sportsmen and have innovative ways to not only develop lack lustre facilities but also take a great sense of pride from dragging once great clubs back into the modern day.

Here is not the place to inform everyone of how we do it but I would invite a private message from anyone from Falmouth who wishes to supply a guided tour of their facilities anytime soon.

For all those at other clubs who may require a cash injection for new facilities etc, please keep your eyes on the happenings at St Austell Football Club.

They will soon occupy one of the better grounds in the County and you could be next.......

Guest john

As a TOWN fan i am in favour of moving but if such an investment came in to bring bickland up to standard i am sure that it would be welcomed!

Lets not lose sight of why the relocation is needed. ALL TEAMS AT FALMOUTH SHOULD BE ACCOMODATED FOR UNDER ONE ROOF. That is from the youth up to the first team. More than one pitch and trasining facilities on one site are essential in bringing us together as one club !!! A vision shared by many as the only way forward. To encorporate the school, the community, and other sports clubs will allow for funding applications to be succesful and will undoubtedly be for the benefit of the Town as a whole. Welcome to the 21st centry!! New era new club!!!

An investment would be welcome for the new ground and surely football would not be played at bickland if renovations were going to take place. History is history!! Look at the QE2 !! Decommisioned . In my humble opnion a bulldozer is what Bickland needs and affordable housing in its place.

the working group for the relocation have looked hard at all options and lengthy meetings taken place to get to this stage. As far as I am aware we are so very close to it. Lets not back track and lose sight of where we want to go. A considerable amount of work has been going on to build bridges with all aspects of football at Falmouth and the feelings amongst some of not feeling that they are part of it are slowly being eradicated. Everyone who plays for Falmouth Town is so very important and it is for them we must invest in the future and take this club forward as one

Please be assured that the views I have are mine alone and in the interests of the club I have stepped down from the committee so that I can have some time out with my family and regain a sense of purpose also I can air my views without seemingly having a conflict of interests. Anyone who knows me knows that I am passionate about the club and know that those who have fallen by the wayside also have their roots enbedded in the Club. Turning obstacles into opportunities is the way we must think and often stepping back allows you see things much clearer. Tackling the issues from within is one thing but sometimes detatching yourself allows u a more objective viewpoint .

I thoroughly enjoyed last season relishing everything I undertook and I know for certain that everything I wanted to do for the club I did. It gave me a sense of real satisfaction. I am not the first to have taken on the roles I did so do not forget those that preceeded me, they too did it because of their passion for the club.

the working group for the relocation have looked hard at all options and lengthy meetings taken place to get to this stage.

Who are the working group?

What stage is the re-location at, is there a potential buyer for the land, is there a site with planning permission and also i thought the club had an agreement with the FA about where the money gained from selling the land would go, i might be wrong, just something i heard a long time ago.

I think these questions need answearing because at the moment there are far more rumours then truth circulating around the club and this forum.

In hindsight if more of the money invested into the club through different resources was spent on the upkeep of Bickland Park instead of an underachieving team then this debate may never of started.

If the ground and surrounds are in the state that has been mentioned,i feel that the first job is to gather together enough committee,supporters and players and set to work to start "papering over the cracks" because otherwise you will find the grandstand and associated facilities condemned by the Council as unfit for use on health & safety grounds.

Being realistic,this move is not going to happen overnight and work now may just buy Falmouth Town the time it needs until a possible relocation takes place a few years in the future.

I agree with everything said here and can see both sides of the coin.

Without doubt to have every team under one roof would be ideal and a move to another ground is in the best long term interests of your club.

However, as rightly stated a move is not done overnight and if papering over the cracks for another 5 years is done at no cost to Falmouth, this must surely be a good thing.

Suzie is correct to identify the need to play elsewhere for one season, this would be the case.

The ideas our company have may not suit Falmouth, indeed we may not be able to help at all.

It costs nothing to find out and small doors often lead into big rooms.

At this stage an open mind is all thats required!

as you can now see I no longer hide behind a facade !!!

What was wrong with "Dozy Mare" then?!!

Oi I resemble that remark ! a lot can be said about a pseudonym when you think about it !! and whilst every one is familiar with my dozy aspect I think it is derogatry to all those female horses out there !!

as you can now see I no longer hide behind a facade !!!

What was wrong with "Dozy Mare" then?!!

Oi I resemble that remark ! a lot can be said about a pseudonym when you think about it !! and whilst every one is familiar with my dozy aspect I think it is derogatry to all those female horses out there !!

Ouch! That told me then!

Keep the opinions coming everyone, they are very useful.

Pidge, money isnt my issue; its whether such investment would be welcomed.

Replacing the asbestos roof and upgrading the supports may not be the nasty and expensive job you describe.

Soil Sports is a new company that you will come to learn very soon are behind the redevelopment of Poltair Park. My business partner and I are keen sportsmen and have innovative ways to not only develop lack lustre facilities but also take a great sense of pride from dragging once great clubs back into the modern day.

Here is not the place to inform everyone of how we do it but I would invite a private message from anyone from Falmouth who wishes to supply a guided tour of their facilities anytime soon.

For all those at other clubs who may require a cash injection for new facilities etc, please keep your eyes on the happenings at St Austell Football Club.

The club acting chairman tells me he would love to have a chat with you asap.Can you make contact with him via Pidge or his place of work.

They will soon occupy one of the better grounds in the County and you could be next.......