Cornwall Football Forum

Max Gilbert. Liskeard, now ex Liskeard?

11 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

On a serious note, IMO Max is the best player in SWPL West. Surely  he *should* be wanted by a WL or SL South Div One club. 

If he’s not the best then who is in your opinion?

Of course, more than happy for him to stay in the Liskeard Blue! 

Didn't play tonight, suspended maybe? Anyway, lack of discipline again cost Liskeard a final place in the senior cup. Well done St Austell 

Max Gilbert is no doubt the best in the league but Newquays Cam Turner is up there with him hope Newquay can hold on to him and Louis Price but when the new season starts up again i think they will both be wearing a different colour shirt my bet it will be gold and black strikes 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Max Gilbert is no doubt the best in the league but Newquays Cam Turner is up there with him hope Newquay can hold on to him and Louis Price but when the new season starts up again i think they will both be wearing a different colour shirt my bet it will be gold and black strikes 

For clubs that remain in the SWPL West their best players are always going to be picked off. Some of them do lack ambition so they are more vulnerable. Newquay were typically  Newquay this season. As ever, capable of beating anyone, but prone to surprising mishaps against lesser teams. Any club with any kind of profile needs to be aiming for the WL. The  ‘ Mints clearly in that category.

I'd obviously rather Max stayed with the Blue's but I think he will look to test himself next season. I'm sure Helston would jump at the chance or possibly Tavistock as he's already registered there. Western league should be the minimum.