Cornwall Football Forum

BOLITHO PARK OFF AGAIN!

No idea if it's because the pitch is waterlogged or frozen, but Parkway are desperately unlucky again.

Forecast looks dry and sunny, but very cold, for the next few days in Plymouth. Hopefully Truro can get their games against Worthing on Saturday and Dartford next Tuesday played.

5 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

And yet literally a few miles up the road elburton villa somehow have a match on tonight. 
truro due to play on it Saturday and Tuesday now.  So parkway looking after it for them really.  Utter farce 

It cannot be any good for Parkway's coffers either with just 4 home matches played since the end of September. I know the games get rescheduled, but I doubt that midweek fixtures replace Saturday matches revenue wise. 

14 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

It cannot be any good for Parkway's coffers either with just 4 home matches played since the end of September. I know the games get rescheduled, but I doubt that midweek fixtures replace Saturday matches revenue wise. 

Who actually used the pitch more this season  Parkway or Truro ?

Good point referencing revenue, I believe that’s the route cause of Taunton issues with big money spinning home fixtures called off 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Tonight's game between Parkway and Didcot has been called off!

Parkway and Mousehole both postponed this evening yet matches on at Penzance, Falmouth & Helston. Perhaps these two more senior clubs should consider investing funds in their pitches ahead of coaching staff and players. 

Drove from home in Penzance to Trungle Parc just after dawn then again for the 2pm pitch inspection - both times it was 1.5 degrees colder at Trungle than Penzance. Wouldn’t matter on a warm day but when you’ve got a 5 hour window for frozen ground to thaw the difference between -0.5 and +1.0 is massive. 

On 09/01/2024 at 16:53, Leroy said:

Parkway and Mousehole both postponed this evening yet matches on at Penzance, Falmouth & Helston. Perhaps these two more senior clubs should consider investing funds in their pitches ahead of coaching staff and players. 

I think you are barking up the wrong tree, its all down  to location. There was a bitterly cold easterly coming straigh of the sea on to an exposed Trungle whereas Penlee Park in Pz is quite sheltered and sits within a warmer residential area.

30 minutes ago, Pondy said:

I think you are barking up the wrong tree, its all down  to location. There was a bitterly cold easterly coming straigh of the sea on to an exposed Trungle whereas Penlee Park in Pz is quite sheltered and sits within a warmer residential area.

Penzance’s Penlee Park easily took a stud but that was the exact same comments we made on walking the pitch, Penlee very sheltered, Trungle exposed to what the sea brings in.

On 09/01/2024 at 16:53, Leroy said:

Both Parkway and Mousehole have fantastic groundsmen who work tirelessly and there’ll be nobody more disappointed than them when a game is called off. No amount of money can change Mother Nature.

Many thanks for the kind comments mate, all groundstaff work extremely hard at this time of year no matter where you are and we are all here to try to provide football for people to watch, play and enjoy like you said mother nature has a habit  of getting one over on us at time, look at this week we will have four games at trungle this week and expect them all to be played weather permitted but every now and then we come unstuck thats the way it goes, its a good job we dont let the keyboard warriors get under out skin as there would be no pitches to play on.