Cornwall Football Forum

Players who have impressed this season

As the title says.

Which players have impressed you this season? 

I don’t watch too many games at this level (I do try and get to ones I can when Tavistock aren’t playing!) however I’ve been impressed with;

Lawson Turpin (Truro Reserves vs Wendron)

Jacob Rowe (Wadebridge vs Callington)

Finley Skews (Callington vs Bude)

Other notable mentions to Reece Carroll & Lucas Potts at Wendron and Charlie Willis at Penzance.

Here at Newquay stand out players for me have been Josh Evans and Cam TURNER Liskeards Fin Bartlett has impressed me for some time  saw him a couple of years ago for the reserves and i thought this lad will go far and also George Newton when he was with Tavi now at Blazey thats the ones that stand out for me 

27 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Always looked a good player needs to step up a level or 2 now  

You could say that about a few of the players at Liskeard, they've done really well to stop them being picked off by the step 4/5 clubs in the area. Hopefully, one that did leave for a challenge at a higher level, James Lorenz, can be enticed back next season (assuming he is over his knee injury that is).

On 30/10/2023 at 10:43, JonColenzo said:

Afraid I’m going to have to be bias and say Liskeard captain Max Gilbert scoring 18 goals in 17 games from central midfield is putting in massive performances every week.

For my money Max Gilbert the  best player in SWPL West. Should be playing at a higher level - hopefully that might be with Liskeard!

• 1 month later...
On 29/10/2023 at 12:34, Tavi Fan said:

As the title says.

Which players have impressed you this season? 

I don’t watch too many games at this level (I do try and get to ones I can when Tavistock aren’t playing!) however I’ve been impressed with;

Lawson Turpin (Truro Reserves vs Wendron)

Jacob Rowe (Wadebridge vs Callington)

Finley Skews (Callington vs Bude)

Other notable mentions to Reece Carroll & Lucas Potts at Wendron and Charlie Willis at Penzance.

Reece Carroll signed for St Blazey earlier today I see