Truro City Reserves      0-3        Holsworthy

Wadebridge Town         P-P         Mullion

Wendron United            3-1         Launceston

FA VASE, 1st Round Proper

AFC St Austell        4-0       Torrington

Barnstaple Town      3-0         Okehampton Argyle

Hamworthy Recreation  4-0    Bovey Tracey

Longwell Green     3-2      Dobwalls

Newquay        2-2          Baffins Milton Rovers (Newquay win 4-2 on pens)

Royal Wotton Bassett    2-1         Elburton Villa

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday, 20 & 21 October 2023

What a game at Newquay this afternoon in the Fa Vase vs Baffins and Newquay goalie  Adam Robathan was to play a big part in this afternoons match ,Baffins went 1 -0 up when Adam made a bit of a howler allowing the ball to drift over his head from the touchline ,the 2nd goal was just brilliant team play ending with the ball being headed back by a Baffins player to a team mate who hit it 1st time giving Adam not a hope of stopping the half came to a end with Baffins in complete control and you think the 2nd half would be a hammering i was talking to a Baffins supporter saying its not over yet i said give our no8 a free kick just outside the box and he would score .

2nd half i had to look blink  and think is this the same Newquay side i watched in the 1st half they where brilliant Louis Price was causing havoc down the wing every player was doing what they wasnt doing first half and soon pulled a goal back from prolific scorer Harry Tilston Newquay where dominating and Louis Price could of scored 1 a brilliant lob that just went wide of the post and the other a long range shot which also just went wide when Baffins goalie was off his line but Louis was having a brilliant half . 

The game was drawing to a end when the Baffins goalie went outside his area and handled the ball ref Shaun EDGE who was very good all afternoon awarding a free kick theres me a 66 yr old jumping up and down saying come on last chance and he didnt dissapoint he rarely does he buried it then i think shit this is going to Extra time and Smokie is on his way home then on the radio it said its straight to pens up steps Newquays hero goalie Adam Robathan and i had faith in Adam if some dont and he was brilliant pulling off 3 brilliant stops to send Newquay into the next round in the draw 1pm on Monday .

Decided to treat myself to sausage and chips ok just chips Smokie had the jumbo Sausage ,then got home and thought wheres my bag with all my things in i thought bloody hell i have left it up the ground so rushed up there into the club house where it was packed and i was saying have a safe journey home to the Baffins players and Good luck to the season then i am across the pitch like  a 2 year old nearly killed me actually sweated like  a old man but there was my bag on the raillings so that made me happier to get that 

Ok MOM got to be ADAM ROBATHAN FOR NEWQUAY AND THE NO8 FOR BAFFINS . Ref Shaun EDGE and hs assitants where very good .

I dont want to go through that again Newquay you trying to kill me off my Bp And heart wouldnt take that again but brilliant display to every single player

Special mention to Newquay manager Shaun and his management team you must of kicked there asses in the dressing room at half time well what a brilliant bit of management well done young man the way you have got the team playing just hope we can hang on to you Old Trafford could come calling before long .

There is definitly a feel good feeling back at Newquay and i have been watching them for 62 years my old man 1s took me up there when i was 4 could of killed the bugger my mum said it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale . But now i get so excited to know i will be watching Newquay on a Saturday or some other local football next Saturday day trip to Sticker to see them vs Wendron .

Ok thats your lot for now no mention of Prostate ok just a little mention i go to go for a Ct Scan and Ultra Scan and finger up the bum Jobby that will be my highlight of the week .

Ok thats enough of my gibberish i just get to pasionate at times just gives me something to luck forward to each week 

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 1 PENZANCE 0
Penzance brushed off selection problems to turn in a performance utterly unrecognisable from the midweek capitulation to Mullion, and with some kinder bounces in front of goal might just have nicked an improbable result away to title favourites Liskeard Athletic.
Experienced defenders Tyler Tonkin and Alfie Turner both had to withdraw from the squad on morning of the match for family reasons. With Mark Vercesi away on holiday, Oscar Massey back at Barnstaple and keeper Mikey Flores having picked up an injury in training, it was something of an experimental, and extremely young, team that trotted out against opposition that had dropped only two points in the opening twelve games.
But any notion that the Blues would have any easy afternoon were dispelled in the opening moments as Penzance enjoyed the lion’s share of possession and nearly went ahead through a deflected Charlie Willis shot. As expected, Liskeard gradually assumed control and went close through Mike Smith, Jarrad Woods and Dan Jennings before taking a 12th minute lead. Smith expertly controlled a cross-field pass wide on the right before advancing to smash home an unstoppable angled drive.
That the goal scorer was withdrawn injured shortly afterwards may partly explain why Liskeard, already missing top marksman Max Gilbert, did not run away with the match as many might have predicted. Another factor was the superb form of Will Trenoweth. As he tends to whenever called upon to deputise for Flores, the keeper pulled off a string of eye-catching saves to frustrate the home side’s attack. Though Penzance created few clear openings of their own, to be still in the contest at the turn-around was cause for encouragement.
Kam Collins had come on for Rolandos Samnauskas late in the first half, and his presence alongside tenacious youngsters Willis and Ollie Butler galvanised the midfield, freeing new signing James Butler to move into a more attacking role wide on the right. Having made his debut as a substitute at Mullion, Butler enjoyed a hugely impressive first start and was ably backed up by the selfless front running of Michael Fitchett down the middle and Jacob Trudgeon on the left as Penzance valiantly strove to rescue a point.
Collins curled a shot wide from twenty yards out. Then stand-in captain Silas Sullivan was tripped on one of many forward forays, but Liskeard's defensive wall just managed to deflect wide Frazer Cadman's cheekily dinked free-kick. In the closing moments, Trudgeon twice went close, but it was not to be for the hard-working visitors. They slipped to a fifth consecutive league loss and must avoid defeat at Launceston next Saturday to stay out of the bottom three. By contrast, with St Austell having no game, Liskeard are now three points clear at the top.  

Liskeard: Sam Borthwick, Harvey Mullis (Tom Savigar 66), Matt Outtram, Josh McCabe, Will Gilbert, Ruben Kane, Harry Jeffrey, Jarrad Woods (captain), Mike Smith (Will Larsen 36), Dan Jennings, Ben Collins. Unused subs: Cory Harvey, Bobby Hopkinson, Dylan Peel

Penzance: Will Trenoweth, Archie Reynolds, Silas Sullivan (captain), Frazer Cadman, Liam Andrew, Charlie Wills, Jacob Trudgeon, James Butler, Rolandos Samnauskas (Kam Collins 33), Ollie Butler, Michael Fitchett. Unused subs: Ryan Andrew, Dylan Walter
Referee: Matthew Petherbridge
Assistants: Allen Johns, Alan Shaw

On 21/10/2023 at 17:23, David Bray said:

St.Austell 4  - 0 Torrington. 

Goalscorers.. Neil Slateford 3. Matt Searle 1.

Attendance  135.

St Austell drawn away to Buckland Athletic in Round 2.

Saturday 11th November. Kick off 3 pm.

On 15/10/2023 at 12:29, Ian Anear said:

PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Wendron United v Falmouth Town

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...