AFC St Austell    2-0          Camelford

Dobwalls     5-0       Truro City Reserves

Holsworthy        0-0         Mullion

Launceston        2-2           Sticker

Liskeard Athletic   2-1  Wadebridge Town

Newquay           2-1           Penzance

Wendron United      5-4        St Dennis

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 7 October 2023

Well we got the late late show here at Mt Wise and its the Late Late show courtesy of Matt Saunders again  heading in from a corner a minute before full time Matt likes to leave it late .

The Newquay Management must of aged watching Newquay its the 2nd match in weeks that Newquay have scored right at the death and Matt Saunders with both goals in those matches 

Penzance went 1-0 up when my young Prodigy Adam Robathan made a balls up and parried the ball to the Penzance player who couldnt miss 2 mns later similair outcome a run down the wing in front of me crossed and Harry Tillson couldnt miss Penzance where appealing for offside but the captain Tyler Tonkin was playing Harry onside so the linesman Graham got it right .

This wasnt the prettiest of games both sides missing key players Newquay Price and Shepherd and Penzance missing Rappos favourite player with the good old Cornish name Rolandos Samnouskas and also the talented Oscar Massey who has gone to Barnstaple and both sides lacked that cutting edge in front of goal .

It was nice talking to Penzance Mark Varcesi and he asked how i was which was nice he said he was 41 i thought bloody hell you look good for 41 im 66 and nackered knee is buggered back full of arthritis and i have a prostate problem which is  a worry but you just got to get on with life and local football is my release .

OK My MOM im sorry but im not going to give it to Callum Edlin im giving it to my neighbour JOSH EVANS who i thought was superb especially in the 1st half and for Penzance it has to be Charlie Willis a tough little player and was great the ref had a very good game and young Graham Rickard got every decision right running the line .

I thought a draw would of been a fair result because Penzance played some lovely football but Newquay seem to be having luck on there side at the moment 

So Newquay against Wadebridge on Wednesday i wont be there for that match due to my eyes being f---d from Radiotherapy and when its floodlit matches everything is blurry but i will be here looking on Twitter following the Peppermints and cheering them to Victory 

Well done Newquay now go on and win the league make it  a double the Reserves win there league as well Good luck for the rest of the season Penzance you play like that every week and you get young Mark Vercesi and Rolandos back they should shoot up the league .

Ok Have a good week everyone 

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Rumours of him asking Falmouth for £250 a game. Westgarth wisely declined this.

Barnstaple likely to be spending a bit more than Falmouth.

If you were to put the Western Prem clubs in order of budget, I'd certainly put Barnstaple up amongst the highest spenders. They'd certainly be above the Cornish contingent with the exception being Helston probably. 

We've yet to see anyone at Peninsula league level worth that sort of money, yet clubs appear to do it if the rumours are correct and then complain about the cost of travelling in a higher league.
It's time for clubs who are hoping for promotion to get their priorities right, well done Falmouth if it's true that they refused to pay £250 a game that could equate to £500 some weeks.

2 hours there, two hours home for games. Considerable outlay of fuel and time. Needs to be there at least an hour before game and after. Game takes two hours. 

Works about 8 hour on a Saturday 

5 hour round trip for 1 training session a week. 

Probably trains on his own for an hour a day 

This is not a year round job, he’s on no contract if he gets injured, probably has to fund  a gym membership 

£250-£50 for fuel. 20 hours commitment for a £10 an hour. 

The lad has recently been released from an EFL club. Who can blame him for trying to find a way to fund himself as a semi pro as he tries to reclimb the ladder 

1 hour ago, Chunkycheese said:

2 hours there, two hours home for games. Considerable outlay of fuel and time. Needs to be there at least an hour before game and after. Game takes two hours. 

This is not a year round job, he’s on no contract if he gets injured, probably has to fund  a gym membership 

The lad has recently been released from an EFL club. Who can blame him for trying to find a way to fund himself as a semi pro as he tries to reclimb the ladder 

I've not criticised the lad at all. When I say Westgarth wisely declined, I mean wise in terms of a sustainable football model for the club. 

If Massey can command £250 a game elsewhere then fair play to him. I just don't think it's wise of any club at Step 5 or below to be paying out large sums.

3 hours ago, Chunkycheese said:

A lot of supposition there Cheesecake, but our comment was based on him allegedly  asking Falmouth for £250 per game which makes a lot of the supposition irrelevant.

17 hours ago, We Two said:

A lot of supposition there Cheesecake, but our comment was based on him allegedly  asking Falmouth for £250 per game which makes a lot of the supposition irrelevant.

We'll never find out what exactly went on the negotiations between Oscar Massey and Falmouth, and what else was said or promised in selling the move to him, but he's clearly an ambitious and exciting Cornish born prospect who has started very well at Barnstaple. Good luck to him in progressing back towards league football, after getting released by both Argyle and Swindon (and not doing too much in his loan spells at Parkway and Tavi) a spell at Penzance has quite clearly given him his mojo back. If he keeps scoring at Barum, then bigger clubs will notice him. Everybody wants a goal scorer.