Cornwall Football Forum

17 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Do they need anyone new? I would imagine the ones that did a lot of the work during the summer are capable of carrying the club on.

With the greatest of respect are they? 

As I thought the idea of bringing Kimmo in was to stabilise the club and point them in the right direction, something they have lost over the past couple years.

JW

As far as I was told Andy is/was back helping out Penryn  behind the scenes trying to get the club stable after last year, whilst Kimmo was there. 

I was told third hand yesterday that he will take charge of the team for the next fixture or until a new manager is appointed. 

I have no doubt if he said he wanted the job the committee would jump at giving it to him with his past record at Ryn. If you cut him he would probably bleed black and red stripes!!

Too many chefs I heard, players wanting to make decisions, bar staff and linesmen making calls out of their remit, not letting kimmo and co do what they wanted to do and were actually put in a position where they had to give the club an ultimatum!

clubs not been the same for 10-15yrs now, shame really given the setting, problems behind the scene with some of the players and what they get up to, no youth at all, now I see the reserves are bringing back the likes of Mike brewer and owners etc also! Crazy! They’re making it hard work for themselves in my opinion they need a good clear out of players who cause disruption and get a fresh committee in! 

what the players get up to? 

47 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Too many chefs I heard, players wanting to make decisions, bar staff and linesmen making calls out of their remit, not letting kimmo and co do what they wanted to do and were actually put in a position where they had to give the club an ultimatum!

clubs not been the same for 10-15yrs now, shame really given the setting, problems behind the scene with some of the players and what they get up to, no youth at all, now I see the reserves are bringing back the likes of Mike brewer and owners etc also! Crazy! They’re making it hard work for themselves in my opinion they need a good clear out of players who cause disruption and get a fresh committee in! 

From Kimmo:

"Thank you everyone for calls, messages and support over last couple of days. 

Sometimes decisions don't always work out to be the right ones for whatever reason and however they pan out.

Feeling fit and ready to be involved in football somewhere this season! (With my sidekick Shaun- Batman & Robin will return!!!!)

Matches in charge St Agnes AFC 971

Matches in charge Penryn FC 1

Looking forward to working out where to put my FA Level 1 & 2, FA Goalkeeping Level 1 & 2 and FA Youth Modules 1 & 2 into good use very soon!

Hoping to catch up with everyone at a pitch side somewhere in the near future! I need my football fix.

Good luck to Penryn FC for the season.

It would be great to please leave this thread where it is thank you I just want to move on now!"

Was a great team mate, as a young kid, some of the best saves I’ve ever seen!!!

Is a great bloke and good mate to loads of us in local footy!

Managed one team for about 30 seasons, tells you a lot about Kimmo!

Sometimes things don’t work out at a different club in football, sometimes a perfect fit!?

One of those things, hope to see Kimmo back in local footy asap, a lot to offer 👍👏🏼👊🏼