Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN V TRURO CITY

7 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Think this fixture is becoming more of a mist match as the years go on. Shame really as they use to be close hard  games 

Truro had another 3/4 gears in them in the first half alone. The 3 leagues difference certainly showed. 

2 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

Was that a relatively strong starting lineup from Falmouth?

According to Mike Odgers line-up, James Ward and Luke Barner missing. Any team in and around these leagues would miss those two!

Hope the main players are around for the start of the season though. Falmouth can't afford a slow start like last year if they are to mount a challenge for promotion.

6 hours ago, The Town Man said:

According to Mike Odgers line-up, James Ward and Luke Barner missing. Any team in and around these leagues would miss those two!

Hope the main players are around for the start of the season though. Falmouth can't afford a slow start like last year if they are to mount a challenge for promotion.

Cameron Hutchison  also missing on a week's trial at Sutton Utd.

How many of Falmouth's team had two games on the weekend for Falmouth then the Kernowfornia side? Then another on Tuesday night. Probably knackered already, then have to chase players of a higher league. I imagine some of them were way below 100%, some not risked as a precaution to prevent overload injuries and maybe some even not fussed about this one. Put this one down as another "minutes in the legs" and move on I'd say.

6 hours ago, mattelot said:

Cameron Hutchison  also missing on a week's trial at Sutton Utd.

Really? Fair play to the lad but from what I've seen that'd be a hell of a step up for him. Always been a good player but hasn't stood out at Western League level. League 2 is a bit beyond his abilities I think!

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

One thing I have noticed is that all teams seem to play their PSF's with two keepers--who is the back up for Morgan if he is injured/unavaiable 

Whats happened to Towns reserve keeper Zach Telling from last season Mike? He played quite a few first team games last year and looked a very capable replacement for Barnsy..