Cornwall Football Forum

Ambitious youngster who hasn’t really got going for Town this year. Mousehole reserves management have been courting him all season.

The superior training set up including GPS and camera crews must be a deal breaker, for a young lad. Sadly I fear it’s just too late for our young reserves this season. But definitely a good move for next 

If it’s a good move is always a matter of opinion and only time will tell.
Contrary to your belief’s we have GPS, qualified coaches and all games filmed on veo at Town although we don’t have a camera man going round making a documentary every day!
Because he did well in the reserves Charlie got the chance to play in the first team at Falmouth, as many of the youngsters at Falmouth have. Town first team have a very low average age because there are regularly teenagers playing.

You have a talented Development squad but how many have actually played for your first team this year? Not many if any? Is there a clear path for them to play first team? If there is it will be even harder with your first team being promoted this year.

Youngsters at Town have that path, they also get the experience of playing at Bickland in front of 3-400 every week when picked. 

As I said I wish Charlie well and hope he makes a success at Mousehole but my bet is he plays St Pirans next year. 

28 minutes ago, Falmouthman said:

Contrary to your belief’s we have GPS, qualified coaches and all games filmed on veo at Town although we don’t have a camera man going round making a documentary every day!
Because he did well in the reserves Charlie got the chance to play in the first team at Falmouth, as many of the youngsters at Falmouth have. Town first team have a very low average age because there are regularly teenagers playing.

You have a talented Development squad but how many have actually played for your first team this year? Not many if any? Is there a clear path for them to play first team? If there is it will be even harder with your first team being promoted this year.

Youngsters at Town have that path, they also get the experience of playing at Bickland in front of 3-400 every week when picked. 

As I said I wish Charlie well and hope he makes a success at Mousehole but my bet is he plays St Pirans next year. 

Not seen young Charlie in first team squad for some time? Maybe that’s because these youngsters you talk of are from Truro reserves..

Mousehole Development players (all under 20 s (apart for the older ones)  get matching tracksuits UEFA B coaching Pro club match day experience with social media animations …

One lad has played and started a few 1st team games (granted that might be our reserves managers boy 🤔) Two others have sat on the bench , one even got 17 minutes in a cup game ..

The pathway is very much working expect to see many of these fine young men gracing the southern league next season 👍

2 hours ago, Steven Seagul said:

Not seen young Charlie in first team squad for some time? Maybe that’s because these youngsters you talk of are from Truro reserves..

Mousehole Development players (all under 20 s (apart for the older ones)  get matching tracksuits UEFA B coaching Pro club match day experience with social media animations …

One lad has played and started a few 1st team games (granted that might be our reserves managers boy 🤔) Two others have sat on the bench , one even got 17 minutes in a cup game ..

The pathway is very much working expect to see many of these fine young men gracing the southern league next season 👍

Just checked FA full time Steven, DISCOUNTING all the lads who came from Truro there have been 7 of our young  local reserve team players making a total of 53 first team appearances so far this season. That’s a pathway to senior first team football at Falmouth. Reserves have been affected by it of course, only highlight of the season I guess was doing the double over your Development team 🤪

Anyway I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Good luck for the rest of the season 👍

19 minutes ago, Falmouthman said:

Just checked FA full time Steven, DISCOUNTING all the lads who came from Truro there have been 7 of our young  local reserve team players making a total of 53 first team appearances so far this season. That’s a pathway to senior first team football at Falmouth. Reserves have been affected by it of course, only highlight of the season I guess was doing the double over your Development team 🤪

Anyway I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Good luck for the rest of the season 👍

Can’t fault Falmouth or Helston in giving the young players game time …

You can not underestimate the power of sitting on the bench and watching players from academies of a similar age , great for the young lads moral 👍or the feel good factor of a social media animation , matching track suits it makes them feel part of a special club.

The young development players have been promised a pathway to the first team and there is no reason to think they won’t get their chance. 

19 minutes ago, Steven Seagul said:

Of older players or younger ? 

I’ve had some sent through for the March 11th fixture and yes very impressive young in age squad.

However, the original post made me chuckle as it stated “Mousehole Development players (all under 20 s (apart for the older ones)”.

With my twisted sense of humour I instantly thought what about  “all over 20, apart from the younger ones”

11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’ve had some sent through for the March 11th fixture and yes very impressive young in age squad.

However, the original post made me chuckle as it stated “Mousehole Development players (all under 20 s (apart for the older ones)”.

With my twisted sense of humour I instantly thought what about  “all over 20, apart from the younger ones”

Sorry Dave that’s my Trungle humour 🤣🤣

The Club are very proud of their young Devs , but let us not forget those more senior players who have helped give them such a wonderful season..

Goldie

louis Price

kyle fraser

Jamie Devine

Gerrans james

Barney

Steve Brewer 

Cam Biggood

Dan  magee

Dom Angove

Phillip Black

Aaron Diley 

Callum George 

Cal Fergason

Josh Magin 

7 minutes ago, Steven Seagul said:

Sorry Dave that’s my Trungle humour 🤣🤣

The Club are very proud of their young Devs , but let us not forget those more senior players who have helped give them such a wonderful season..

Goldie

louis Price

kyle fraser

Jamie Devine

Gerrans james

Barney

Steve Brewer 

Cam Biggood

Dan  magee

Dom Angove

Phillip Black

Aaron Diley 

Callum George 

Cal Fergason

Josh Magin 

Poor old Dom he’s only 24 and considered old in our set up 😂😂😂😂

To be fair to Charlie I think he just really liked our style of football and he s got close friends and lads he’s played for with his Plymouth Arglye college course, don’t think there’s any underhand reasoning. Falmouth s pathway for youngsters ( in my eyes ) has been superb this season and they have to be commended for that 👍

14 hours ago, Steven Seagul said:

You can not underestimate the power of sitting on the bench and watching players from academies of a similar age , great for the young lads moral 👍or the feel good factor of a social media animation , matching track suits it makes them feel part of a special club.

Is this some kind of sick joke? Can't actually believe what I'm reading. Sitting on the bench = good for moral? 🤢

Matching tracksuits, VEO cameras, sitting on the bench (lol), Coaching badges, social media??? 

Is this what local football has come down to now? What ever happened to just enjoying the game itself? Not one mention of fun or enjoyment 🙃

Again just to make it clear none of these comments are coming from the Mousehole Development set up, we are purely focused on the football side of it and the lads development which has been absolutely amazing. Most clubs at this level have VEO ( alot at lower level s too ), we don’t use GPS only first team do due to the cost and most clubs I’ve been involved with in 25 years have matching tracksuits or tops of some sort . The Pitch and setup at Mousehole is the main selling point I’d say, from the first team management to the lady’s who make the tea everyone is absolutely lovely and you feel valued. Billy has made the pitch look sensational and keeps it that way which helps the style of football we are trying to install in the lads. We are exceeding our own expectations this season and no matter what happens it ll make us more determined to push ourselves further again next season. 95% of our team has time on their side and the older few are excellent role models 👍

1 hour ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

Is this some kind of sick joke? Can't actually believe what I'm reading. Sitting on the bench = good for moral? 🤢

Matching tracksuits, VEO cameras, sitting on the bench (lol), Coaching badges, social media??? 

Is this what local football has come down to now? What ever happened to just enjoying the game itself? Not one mention of fun or enjoyment 🙃

Bit different from my days playing , I didn’t realise all clubs have matching tracksuits and cameras on a pole , just gos to show how much the world has moved on.

6 hours ago, Steven Seagul said:

No

“Mousehole Development Team “

you seem to have a little obsession with their name Dazzler 🤣🤣

Do we deduce that because a team is officially listed as “development “ team that the other teams in the club are not there to develop? Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a development team and a reserve/second team? 

20 hours ago, Falmouthman said:

Really hope Pikachu gets some counselling after this shock break up. Perhaps the power of the drum is greater than the boom box🤔🤔

Quite upset Charlie has left Town as I really rate this young striker. Whilst I was Town Res manager I was trying to lead and take under my wing his natural ability whilst also protecting him a little as he was playing just a little too much football and picking up little knocks here and there. He decided to leave and go to Wendron Res to gain more football, I was gutted and let him go and in hindsight should of done more to stop him. Wendron didn’t really work out for him and after watching him grow as a person whilst improving his play immensely for Jimmie Days Argyle development squad, I decided to meet up with him personally and entice back to Town. He hit the ground running and was raising a few eyebrows but unfortunately due to work commitments and personal issues I left town but thought he was in a good rich vein of form to keep going and push for a first team call up with which he achieved but obviously he couldn’t hold down a regular place due one reason or another. 
Great young striker that I feel is being overlooked from being a professional footballer. Got the makings of being phenomenal but somehow don’t think it will happen in Cornwall.