WEST

AFC St Austell               3-1       Newquay

Bodmin Town                1-0         St Dennis

Bude Town                   3-0         Mullion

Launceston                   2-1      Penzance

Wadebridge Town         3-1       Dobwalls

Wendron United            4-0      Sticker

St.Austell 3-1  Newquay 

Sorry off to the cinema, so just a quick one! Pretty dour 1st half which ended 0-0, can’t remember either keeper making a save? One moment of brilliance though from Newquays left wing back Bradley Leivers running towards the corner flag with his opposite number Josh Penrose for St,Austell, he produced a drag back and nut Meg all in one movement!!  Worth the £6 entrance to be honest! Sorry to bring it up again Josh, you had a good game mate! Great skill though! Felt a bit sorry for both teams really, both footballing teams who try and play it the right way but the pitch was difficult to say the least, not quite Mount Wise proportions but didn’t suit the likes of Simsy or Slates. The 2nd half livened up a notch on a fresh day with a 48th minute Harvey Hann volley at the far post from 6 yards following a flick on from a corner. The lead was doubled after 63 minutes when Tyler Cheshire turned sharply 15 yards out and got his shot off which looked like it was saved by Harry Ashton but the ball spun up in the air and under the bar. Newquay were missing a few key players, Nick Boase at the back and captain Cam Turner who’s creation was certainly missed on the day but they did pull one back in the 78th minute, after a spot of pinball in the box the ball fell to Jared Sims and he volleyed home from 12 yards. Just when you thought it could be an interesting last 10 minutes to warm the cockles the hosts went straight up the other end 90 seconds later with sub Zack Oconner (i think sorry) was 80 yards away! Running straight at the heart of the visitors defence before shooting from the edge of the area with the ball heading straight towards Ashton before an outstretched defenders leg diverted it straight into the bottom corner which sort of summed up Newquays day!! Not a game that will live too long in the memory, speaking to a few people today from both clubs who think the sting has gone out of the season a bit with the collapse of the merger. Hope the teams can carry on and  make the best out of their seasons despite the disappointment. Think there was about 100/120 in attendance today who were glad to get home for a nice warm cup of tea no doubt! Sorry better go and put some brut 33 on and get changed 👍😁 Oh yeah, officials excellent I thought, ref very good, well in control and Lino’s spot on the times I was close by 👍👏🏼

Went St Austell this afternoon to watch Newquay play there 1st half was really dissapointing neither goalie having a save to make Newquay where missing 2 of there best players in Cam TURNER and Nick BOASE and it showed there replacements Rhys Davies and Tom Dolan did there best and i thought Rhys Davies played really well . 

2nd half started off as the 1st pretty poor but Harvey Hann put St Austell 1-0 up then Kieron Bishop got no2 for St Austell ,Jared Sims brought Newquay back into the game and then you thought Newquay would put more pressure on the St Austell defence but Sub Zack O,Connor scored a 3rd for St Austell even though goalie Piran Jones a couple of brilliant saves for St Austell .

Neil Slateford was having a brilliant game but it did make me laugh when the ref pulled him up for a foul on Jack Rapsey who is twice the size of Neil . St Austell deserved there win but since the merger fell through Newquay have just lost interest and the season cant come soon enough for them this was a fine Newquay side a couple of months ago playing brilliant football and where looking good for that 4th spot but now it doesnt matter with no promotion they just dont seem to care anymore .

Good to see Mark and Rach there watching the match i noticed Smokie was trying to make the great Escape again but his tunneling Skills are not up to scratch so i had to go and drag him back after he went and introduced himself to the spectators .

Had a nice chat with Martin Duffs dad good to see his son come on as a sub for St Austell .

Thought the ref M Burley handled the game very well my Mom for St Austell im going for Josh PENROSE and for Newquay Noah TEAGLE .

Enjoy the film at the Cinema and share the popcorn with Rach Mark she deserves it dragging her out in that cold if the film is Avator Way of Water your Bum will be sore after 3hr 20mins long mine was and i watched it online .

One last thing a brilliant gesture from St Austell Captain Neil Slateford today for me went to pay my admission entry and was told Neil had already paid for me to go in things like that act of kindness goes a long way in my book hopefully i will be able to buy him a pint when im next at St Austell on April 7th for the Blazey match or March 25th when they come to Newquay to play here .

Ok have a good week fellow Football fans see you soon may see you at Wembley for the final with Plymouth and Bolton 

Don’t normally comment on own games on here . But just wanted to give St Dennis some credit as they are obviously having a rough time.

Came with a bare 11 today and to a man, worked their backsides off.  On another day would have won the game, when you look at the chances missed.  Then after the disappointment of losing in the last minute they left the away dressing room spotless. 

14 hours ago, RAPPO said:

St.Austell 3-1  Newquay 

Sorry off to the cinema, so just a quick one! Pretty dour 1st half which ended 0-0, can’t remember either keeper making a save? One moment of brilliance though from Newquays left wing back Bradley Leivers running towards the corner flag with his opposite number Josh Penrose for St,Austell, he produced a drag back and nut Meg all in one movement!!  Worth the £6 entrance to be honest! Sorry to bring it up again Josh, you had a good game mate! Great skill though! Felt a bit sorry for both teams really, both footballing teams who try and play it the right way but the pitch was difficult to say the least, not quite Mount Wise proportions but didn’t suit the likes of Simsy or Slates. The 2nd half livened up a notch on a fresh day with a 48th minute Harvey Hann volley at the far post from 6 yards following a flick on from a corner. The lead was doubled after 63 minutes when Tyler Cheshire turned sharply 15 yards out and got his shot off which looked like it was saved by Harry Ashton but the ball spun up in the air and under the bar. Newquay were missing a few key players, Nick Boase at the back and captain Cam Turner who’s creation was certainly missed on the day but they did pull one back in the 78th minute, after a spot of pinball in the box the ball fell to Jared Sims and he volleyed home from 12 yards. Just when you thought it could be an interesting last 10 minutes to warm the cockles the hosts went straight up the other end 90 seconds later with sub Zack Oconner (i think sorry) was 80 yards away! Running straight at the heart of the visitors defence before shooting from the edge of the area with the ball heading straight towards Ashton before an outstretched defenders leg diverted it straight into the bottom corner which sort of summed up Newquays day!! Not a game that will live too long in the memory, speaking to a few people today from both clubs who think the sting has gone out of the season a bit with the collapse of the merger. Hope the teams can carry on and  make the best out of their seasons despite the disappointment. Think there was about 100/120 in attendance today who were glad to get home for a nice warm cup of tea no doubt! Sorry better go and put some brut 33 on and get changed 👍😁 Oh yeah, officials excellent I thought, ref very good, well in control and Lino’s spot on the times I was close by 👍👏🏼

Decent crowd then Rappo, 100 to 120 considering that St.Austell Rugby would have had a full house as did Argyle.

Any chance on elaborating on your assessment of the playing surface at Poltair which seemed to effect both teams.

Was at Home Park myself to witness a real 'hum dinger ' of a game.

Hi Dave, yeah didn’t get the clicker out but would say at least a 100. Pitch is very similar to Mount Wise at the moment mate, bobbling all over the shop, looked like it needed a good roll. Not easy for players to control a ball on that, same for both sides obviously but I know Sparky & Gaz and Craig & Ash and they like their teams to knock it about on the deck when they can and that wasn’t easy yesterday for the players to say the least. Not having a go, all about time and volunteers etc, just look at Wendron and Blazey, two surfaces I’ve seen lately, absolutely immaculate, a credit to them 👏🏼👍

Put on a photo below the mrs took yesterday Dave, tad rough I would say in my not expert opinion but well done to anyone giving up their time to do jobs for their club 👏🏼👍

On 04/03/2023 at 18:12, RAPPO said:

St.Austell 3-1  Newquay 

Rappo, official attendance given as 142.

Excellent number if correct,  considering that both St.Austell Rugby and Argyle were at home.