Cornwall Football Forum

Even though Perranporth Reserves are still showing on the Div 4 League table, can anyone confirm they have folded as they have been taken off the fixtures grid 

https://fulltime.thefa.com/fixturesGrid.html?leagueID=3983534&selectedSeason=661300813&selectedFixtureGroupKey=1_596800001

and Helston Raiders have lost their Home-Win.

As a player and part of a really brilliant club I feel the need to put something here to clarify the situation for all and to stop all the rumours.

Sadly last night at a meeting a decision was made, and the decision made was based on numbers being available, and players commitment, from this we realised that it would be a struggle to get two squads out each weekend, and so the very tough decision was made to merge the reserves with the first team and to compete in the highest league available to us as a club which is the St Piran league.

Its important that this is NOT seen as a negative step to fold the 2nd team (as this was the last thing we wanted to do, but were left with little choice!!) but instead should be looked at as a huge positive that as a club we still have at least one team competing in a league, we also now have a group of committed players that have the opportunity to test themselves at a higher level with some of the 1st team lads thrown into the mix, and so the challenge has now been set and as a squad we’re going to give it our very best shot and we believe that we have the potential to give a really good account of ourselves at this level and maybe even surprise a few sides in the process!! 

Hopefully that has explained the situation and a line can now been drawn under it. 
#COYP 💙

51 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

As a player and part of a really brilliant club I feel the need to put something here to clarify the situation for all and to stop all the rumours.

Sadly last night at a meeting a decision was made, and the decision made was based on numbers being available, and players commitment, from this we realised that it would be a struggle to get two squads out each weekend, and so the very tough decision was made to merge the reserves with the first team and to compete in the highest league available to us as a club which is the St Piran league.

Its important that this is NOT seen as a negative step to fold the 2nd team (as this was the last thing we wanted to do, but were left with little choice!!) but instead should be looked at as a huge positive that as a club we still have at least one team competing in a league, we also now have a group of committed players that have the opportunity to test themselves at a higher level with some of the 1st team lads thrown into the mix, and so the challenge has now been set and as a squad we’re going to give it our very best shot and we believe that we have the potential to give a really good account of ourselves at this level and maybe even surprise a few sides in the process!! 

Hopefully that has explained the situation and a line can now been drawn under it. 
#COYP 💙

Well done for keeping the st pirans going and trying to keep the club at the best level it can , all the best from me and I’ll be hoping you have a good season and stabilise . 

On 31/08/2022 at 17:30, jolzy10 said:

#COYP 💙

But isn’t it going to be harder to keep the first team going rather then the seconds? I mean it’s a massive step up for the boys playing second team and to then go and play and get hammerings which is quite possible will this not mean the young lads losing interest and the number decreasing each game? 

6 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

But isn’t it going to be harder to keep the first team going rather then the seconds? I mean it’s a massive step up for the boys playing second team and to then go and play and get hammerings which is quite possible will this not mean the young lads losing interest and the number decreasing each game? 

It's a challenge that as a club we are ready for, our reserves squad are fully prepared for the battle too!

To give you an idea our reserves stepped up to play Wendron two weeks back and lost 3-0 to a very decent side who currently sit in 3rd and have only lost one game in the Pirans league, this was followed with a mix of reserves and 1st team players who narrowly lost 2-1 to an unbeaten Perranwell side who sit 2nd.

And so there is enough encouragement there for us to give it our very best, we also also have a squad of very talented youngsters and older heads that work well together and have a very strong team bond and we're all in it together, to be honest the reserves are probably a better side than there Div 4 status last season, they narrowly lost Div 4 by 1 pt and lost 2 games in the league all season against some very good sides.

Time will tell of course, but a club like Perranporth should be playing in the St Pirans league and hopefully that's where they can stay! One thing is we'll never give away any points without the opposition having to work and be at their very best to get them!

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

What will happen about the recent postponements? Points to the opposition or being played at a later date? 

Not to sure how that will be handled, sadly these postponements were at a time when we nearly lost the first team. 

However I will say that the squad hope that we can at least get these played, but once again probably out of our hands.

35 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

Not to sure how that will be handled, sadly these postponements were at a time when we nearly lost the first team. 

However I will say that the squad hope that we can at least get these played, but once again probably out of our hands.

Have you asked the St Piran League?

4 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

It's a challenge that as a club we are ready for, our reserves squad are fully prepared for the battle too!

To give you an idea our reserves stepped up to play Wendron two weeks back and lost 3-0 to a very decent side who currently sit in 3rd and have only lost one game in the Pirans league, this was followed with a mix of reserves and 1st team players who narrowly lost 2-1 to an unbeaten Perranwell side who sit 2nd.

And so there is enough encouragement there for us to give it our very best, we also also have a squad of very talented youngsters and older heads that work well together and have a very strong team bond and we're all in it together, to be honest the reserves are probably a better side than there Div 4 status last season, they narrowly lost Div 4 by 1 pt and lost 2 games in the league all season against some very good sides.

Time will tell of course, but a club like Perranporth should be playing in the St Pirans league and hopefully that's where they can stay! One thing is we'll never give away any points without the opposition having to work and be at their very best to get them!

Then I wish you luck. I remember playing perran in junior cup final 15/16 years ago before they went into the combo it would be a shame to not see them at a level the club deserves. I like the fact you stepped the reserves up instead of pulling the first team where many clubs have done this the young players will only improve for this. 

10 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Then I wish you luck. I remember playing perran in junior cup final 15/16 years ago before they went into the combo it would be a shame to not see them at a level the club deserves. I like the fact you stepped the reserves up instead of pulling the first team where many clubs have done this the young players will only improve for this. 

Appreciate the support, and as you said would be a shame for Perranporth not to play at a decent level.

We’ll certainly give it our very best shot!