Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES Saturday 21st September 24th and 25th September

All 2:30pm ko 

Mount Gould v St Blazey (Home win awarded) 

Newquay 0 St Gerrans & St Mawes 2

North Petherwin v Godolphin (Postponed Cornwall Junior cup tie takes precedence)

Padstow United 2 Plymouth Marjon 2

Roche 0 St Minver 5

Cornwall Senior Cup 

Pendeen 4 St Stephen 0

Tuesday 

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 2 St Teath 1

Torpoint Athletic 3 St Stephen 2

Wednesday

St Blazey 1 Roche 2

Newquay 0 Gerrans & St Mawes 2

Bit of confusion Gerrans say result 2-1, Newquay say 2-0  anyone any the wiser because the Newquay referee sheet shows 2-1.  If this is the case who scored for Newquay.  Have tried the manager but no reply.   Anyone got any ideas ???

On 23/09/2019 at 20:23, claret&blue said:

Points awarded but have St Blazey been docked points , if not then maybe teams just won’t bother travelling to Mount Gould if they don’t lose any points and probably only get a small fine.

This is the main point really. What is the actual ECPL rule?

In my experience it's either...

Game awarded to opposition, 3 point deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture and a fine.

Or

3 point deduction for failing to fulfill, a fine, and the game is rescheduled.

I'm not wanting to see teams unnecessarily punished but like claret&blue suggests, if there is no further penalty other than a fine, some clubs may decide that is a better outcome than travelling to Mount Gould (or wherever), and shipping a load of goals. Simply awarding the game to the opposition is not a punishment in this case.

11 hours ago, Shouter said:

This is the main point really. What is the actual ECPL rule?

In my experience it's either...

Game awarded to opposition, 3 point deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture and a fine.

Or

3 point deduction for failing to fulfill, a fine, and the game is rescheduled.

I'm not wanting to see teams unnecessarily punished but like claret&blue suggests, if there is no further penalty other than a fine, some clubs may decide that is a better outcome than travelling to Mount Gould (or wherever), and shipping a load of goals. Simply awarding the game to the opposition is not a punishment in this case.

Big thread going on over at the Peninsula League regarding no shows. Agree that fines and points deductions/awarding matches is no longer enough, could a mechanism be worked out in which home clubs could claim for lost revenue? Thinking about lost gate money, 50/50 or raffle sales, bar and tea hut sales and the cost of food having been prepared for both teams that will now go to waste. Just a thought.

17 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Big thread going on over at the Peninsula League regarding no shows. Agree that fines and points deductions/awarding matches is no longer enough, could a mechanism be worked out in which home clubs could claim for lost revenue? Thinking about lost gate money, 50/50 or raffle sales, bar and tea hut sales and the cost of food having been prepared for both teams that will now go to waste. Just a thought.

Maybe, but it will be very difficult and controversial to prove those costs!

I think the best solution is the fine, points deduction (that's a must), but the game must still be rescheduled at a later date. May not work in some cup comps, but certainly in league matches.