john almond x4  

luke symons x3 

jordan jermyn x2 

ryan Mitchell x1 

Kieran Baxter x1 

david pond x1 

Also well reffed by Liam bray did very well 

Probus 0, Threemilestone 5.

Threemilestone dominated possesion from the start, but lacked the cohesion between midfield and the front men. Probus had very few chances at the other end, there best coming from a free kick in a good position after Tam wilcock had gone in the book for a sinical push. The free kick though came to nothing sailing high and wide of the goal. 

Joel Snape thought he had open the scoring with a good header after 35 when he out muscled the Probus centre half, but the ref dissalowed it for pushing. Three minutes later though the stones were in front, Joe Carlyon crossed from the left for Tom Goodman to head in. Dave Welfare followed up to make sure it went in but the goal was already over the line.

Five minutes before half time Callum Sidwell doubled the score after the Probus keeper made a hash of a clearance, and Sidwell lashed it back over the keeper from 30yards.

Ten minutes into the second half Sidwell was challenged by a Probus defender and the loose ball fell nicely for Snape to fire under the keeper from 18 yards. Sidwell scored his second and the stones 4th ten minutes later going past two defenders before beating the keeper. And only minutes later Snape scored his seond from the penalty spot when Joe carlyon was fouled in the area.

Probus no 10 was sin binned for something he said to the ref with about 15 minutes remaining, but the Stones were unable to add to the score against a hard working ten men. Probus had their first shot on target in the 90th minute from long range, which stand in keeper Jason Hodges easily saved. 

Probus manager and players had a few moans at the ref, i think they felt they wern't getting the rub of the green but i thought he did pretty well. Certainly seen alot worse!!

Att: just before half time, 27 +2 dogs.

Gwin 3-0 Mawnan
Professional performance from my lads today. Dominated from start to finish. Very happy gaffer. 
Goals from Jordan Brown with a well worked goal assisted by Billy Foster. Our second coming through Josh Bevis. And the third coming from Luke Barber with a great header. Also having a saved penalty from the usual clinical Foster. 
Exceptional game management from us and won the match with a clean sheet to top it off, whereas last season we’d have struggled to see the match off. 
16 players today with 4 more to return from injuries so a quality squad and a lot of competition for places which I’ve wanted since I’ve been here. 
Only dampener was having our skipper Gavin Russell being sent off from an awful decision from the referee mishearing the captain after being fouled and asking ‘what if he broke my legs’ and the ref thinking he heard Gav saying he was gunna break the oppositions players legs. Ruined a perfect day. Shocking. 
Move on to high flying Fourlanes at home next week and a team night out on the beers. 

Man of match: Luke Barber, perfect performance from my centre half. 

**** of Day: Charlie Shears. Missing from a yard 😂

1 hour ago, DRichards said:

Gwin 3-0 Mawnan
Professional performance from my lads today. Dominated from start to finish. Very happy gaffer. 
Goals from Jordan Brown with a well worked goal assisted by Billy Foster. Our second coming through Josh Bevis. And the third coming from Luke Barber with a great header. Also having a saved penalty from the usual clinical Foster. 
Exceptional game management from us and won the match with a clean sheet to top it off, whereas last season we’d have struggled to see the match off. 
16 players today with 4 more to return from injuries so a quality squad and a lot of competition for places which I’ve wanted since I’ve been here. 
Only dampener was having our skipper Gavin Russell being sent off from an awful decision from the referee mishearing the captain after being fouled and asking ‘what if he broke my legs’ and the ref thinking he heard Gav saying he was gunna break the oppositions players legs. Ruined a perfect day. Shocking. 
Move on to high flying Fourlanes at home next week and a team night out on the beers. 

Wait and see what the referree  reports. Maybe he did the right thing  to prevent  further  problems. 

8 hours ago, DRichards said:

Gwin 3-0 Mawnan

Almost enough players to enter the Hayle Flexi League ;) 

Newlyn Non Athletico 3 (0) -v- (3) 4 Troon

Nice weather. Sunny. Hot. Good pitch. Shortly cut grass. The action, fractious. Troon score with some fortune as a clearance escapes the keepers boot. Nil one. Troon score, penalty, looks like a correct decision. Nil two. Troon score as a long ball splits the central defenders and the attacker finishes with accuracy. Nil three. Half time. Drinks all round. Off we go. Newlyn score, good football, passing, moving, low hard finish. One three. Newlyn score, controversially. Mayhem. What’s going on. Has the ref lost it? No. Two three. Troon score, uncontested goal, walked in from the kick off, no Newlyn player moving from his spot. Keeper leaning against the post as forward passes ball into empty net. Two four. Newlyn score, break the offside trap, good finish. Three four. No time left. Whistle blows. Hand shakes. Explanations. Disagreements. Showers. Beer. Food. 

Lets do it all again next week.

Man of the match = Troon goalkeeper.

On 31/08/2019 at 16:21, Soccer Follower said:

Div 2

Chacewater 6  Lizard Argyle Res. 0   h/t 1-0

Chacewater with a very strong squad this season will clearly be contenders for the title even at this early stage. We never really got into the game but battled well to keep it to 1-0 at half time despite Chacewater enjoying probably 90% possession. We started the second half a little better but a serious injury to one of our players at 2-0 meant I had to take him to A & E and leave just the 12 players on their own who continued to do their best. I would like to thank everyone at Chacewater for their concern and help with the injured player - a 16 yr old with a very bloody broken nose. He's fine and has got 2 black eyes to show for it and getting plenty of attention! Thanks again and all the best for the season.

4 hours ago, Collbrum said:

Chacewater with a very strong squad this season will clearly be contenders for the title even at this early stage. We never really got into the game but battled well to keep it to 1-0 at half time despite Chacewater enjoying probably 90% possession. We started the second half a little better but a serious injury to one of our players at 2-0 meant I had to take him to A & E and leave just the 12 players on their own who continued to do their best. I would like to thank everyone at Chacewater for their concern and help with the injured player - a 16 yr old with a very bloody broken nose. He's fine and has got 2 black eyes to show for it and getting plenty of attention! Thanks again and all the best for the season.

Thank you Collbrum,luckily we do have a doctor in our playing squad.Great to hear that the young lad is not too seriously injured and,hopefully,he will be back playing for you again soon.

There are some good teams in this league again this season as there were last year..

All the best to you guys and we'll see you for the return match later in the season.