Cornwall Football Forum

St Just withdraw application.

A real shame this. Although it does mean teams don't have to venture down to face the Tinners!! 

But really, a real shame as I've had many a battle down those ways and very nearly pulled on the green of St Just after receiving a mysterious package through my door one morning🤔 Its just as well the dog was only little at the time! 😳

#FearTheRod

Beard.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Only slightly ? Perhaps this is reflective of the degree of dignity the FA interference with Cornwall deserves, then. Been dealing with two jokers in the Combo for years, Mick, who are as amateur as you can get. Old habits, eh ?  I'm not a warrior either; more an absurdist philosopher. Your mathematical symbol appears to be the wrong way round and I suppose apostrophes are a bit old hat when your emoticons are so expressive. Never mind, eh ? 

Not sure your response is terribly diplomatic given you are a "Life President" of a club wishing to cancel your withdrawal and indeed enter the league.  The "jokers" may not take it very well and it doesn't show your club in a good light. 

Correct in your observation, it should be <5% and not >5%, however, this doesn't detract from your amateurish post in the first place! Wally! Get back to homes under the hammer sunshine.

8 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

hi Steve,

St Just FC would like to rejoin the Western Division of the new St Piran League, rescinding previous withdrawal. I understand we have already paid the necessary subscription .

Kind regards, Rod Beer, Life President.

Hi Rod. 

The club sec just needs to drop a line to Richard at the CCFA (Richard.Pallot@cornwallfa.com) info myself at stpiransec@hotmail.com to that effect and the application will be reactivated.

Steve 

Thanks, Steve.

10 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

Not sure your response is terribly diplomatic given you are a "Life President" of a club wishing to cancel your withdrawal and indeed enter the league.  The "jokers" may not take it very well and it doesn't show your club in a good light. 

Correct in your observation, it should be <5% and not >5%, however, this doesn't detract from your amateurish post in the first place! Wally! Get back to homes under the hammer sunshine.

I'm sorry, Mr Throbjaw,, but I don't identify with low-culture daytime television references, as I imagine that you do. I don't think I've heard the W word, once favoured by East Londoners, since the 1970s. You're clearly one of the poor old NHS tourists who have come down to spend their declining years camped on Cornish council tax and I wish you well, especially in getting that sunshine to cure your poor old arthritic bones. Bet you've got one of those lovely, tasteful 42 inch TVs on your wall. You take care now..... 

11 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

He’s not a Club official nor a life President (which doesn’t exist) at St Just AFC so these statements need to be made from the Club secretary 

I suggest this is a deliberate attempt by a representative if Penzance to continue the process in which the club has been engaged since its inception, to attack St Just's interests in any way possible. Even. It seems, from beyond its grave, now it exists only as an outcrop of Mousehole, with whom St Just's relations have heretofore been perfectly cordial. 

21 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Thanks, Steve.

I'm sorry, Mr Throbjaw,, but I don't identify with low-culture daytime television references, as I imagine that you do. I don't think I've heard the W word, once favoured by East Londoners, since the 1970s. You're clearly one of the poor old NHS tourists who have come down to spend their declining years camped on Cornish council tax and I wish you well, especially in getting that sunshine to cure your poor old arthritic bones. Bet you've got one of those lovely, tasteful 42 inch TVs on your wall. You take care now..... 

You "don't identify with low-culture daytime television references" but you appear to be low culture enough to know what I meant.

actually its 43 inch, every inch counts.

Got me all wrong my dear. Whereas you appear to be one of those old timers that have watched a few games and now thinks he can voice an opinion. Nevermind.  Hopefully St Just got in their application via the correct and professional channels which means I may be down for a Bovril this upcoming season.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

I think we should draw a line under all this now people - it's doing nobody any good. Slagging each other off, paints a poor picture of your characters. People simply lose what respect they may have had. 

Well said Keith, lets hope the admin are taking note.
Public airing of a clubs misfortunes whatever they are, and whoever caused them, shows an absolute lack of class by the perpetrators.
Persistent sarcasm and attempts at belittlement of others opinions, does little for intelligent debate.

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

I think we should draw a line under all this now people - it's doing nobody any good. Slagging each other off, paints a poor picture of your characters. People simply lose what respect they may have had.

20 minutes ago, We Two said:

Well said Keith, lets hope the admin are taking note.
Public airing of a clubs misfortunes whatever they are, and whoever caused them, shows an absolute lack of class by the perpetrators.
Persistent sarcasm and attempts at belittlement of others opinions, does little for intelligent debate.

Totally agree guys.  And it's a little off topic as well. 

Just for the record the Secretary at St Just has been in touch and re-activated their application for St Piran.