Cornwall Football Forum

Tie awarded to Tavistock

LOL - 2 seasons ago whilst managing Plymouth Parkway Reserves, on route to the final we knocked out Wadebridge. One of their players then transferred to Bodmin Town who we played (and beat) in the final. 

Same player played for 2 teams in the same competition- the player in question openly admitted it and found it hilarious. What was more hilarious is he was told by the league he could play as, and I quote “Bodmin should play the strongest team they can as Parkway haven’t lost all season”.

Whilst I can’t comment if that was true or not, 100% the player played for 2 teams. 

Therefore I’m not convinced the league would check if a player is ineligible or not ! 

3 minutes ago, Devon29 said:

LOL - 2 seasons ago whilst managing Plymouth Parkway Reserves, on route to the final we knocked out Wadebridge. One of their players then transferred to Bodmin Town who we played (and beat) in the final. 

Same player played for 2 teams in the same competition- the player in question openly admitted it and found it hilarious. What was more hilarious is he was told by the league he could play as, and I quote “Bodmin should play the strongest team they can as Parkway haven’t lost all season”.

Whilst I can’t comment if that was true or not, 100% the player played for 2 teams. 

Therefore I’m not convinced the league would check if a player is ineligible or not ! 

I've only just found this out myself - how Dave Deacon knew about this before the club is not right but I can assure you that every player on that teamsheet was eligible, there is a question that a player may have been suspended but that has also now been checked and no one was suspended - you only have to check the 'up to date suspension list' from Cornwall FA themselves for that day to see this. This has now been put on social media causing all sorts of grief when it needn't have if only it had been dealt with correctly. No wonder there's always problems in this league... 

2 hours ago, Kvmccan said:

Where did this come from? This is completely untrue (that we had an illegible player), every player that day has been registered all season and none of them were suspended! If this is true how come we haven't been contacted! 

Email received from a league official at 12.10 yesterday to all involved parties as well as the likes of me.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

60A664D2-AF38-4DBB-AC42-975B2E55188A.jpeg

So if a player was sent off on Saturday, they would begin their ban the following Saturday.  Therefore had a Boro player been sent off the week before the cup game he would be banned for the cup game 7 days later. 

A player sent off is automatically suspended 7 days from the date of the offence. It is the responsibility of the referee to send a report to County FA. If not he will be dealt with by the County FA. Also the Club Secretary has a responsibility to inform the County FA of the dismissal and the player of the of a pending suspension.  The suspension will be finish when the Team has played the number of games he would have been suspended for  That player may not play for this team the following but another Saturday team, which could cause major problems. 

Shame, really.

I reffed this match and it was a pleasure to be in the middle for this one.

Boro won with a penalty shootout. Both teams played attacking football and played in good spirits.

I hope all the admin is thoroughly checked and the correct decision is made. 

56 minutes ago, St Darren said:

What happens if you appeal the sending off? I very much doubt the County FA get all that sorted within 5 working days 

It's a pretty tight schedule but they have to Darren.  The emphasis is very much on the club to get everything in on time.  All laid out here: http://book.flipboxapp.net/client/the-fa-discipline-handbook#page/20