Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday 15 March 2019

56 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Probably not as I think the squad is good enough to win the league. Silly slip ups have cost them

Seen them a couple of times against Town , great going forward, but average at the back . To be honest as you say silly slip ups probably cost them against us. 

9 hours ago, Fanfare said:

The CCFA made the right decision about the venue for the final but if the gossip is right, maybe not the right choice of referee.

Blimey! complaining about the referee before he's even reffed it.

I think that's a first for the forum. He better be perfect like all the players and spectators then.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Blimey! complaining about the referee before he's even reffed it.

I think that's a first for the forum. He better be perfect like all the players and spectators then.

Like everything on this forum it's all based on opinion. He took a lot of grief so I'm told and rightly booked some players for it. But after awarding a St Austell free kick, he guessed where the wall should go. When Goldsworthy paced the ten steps out (about three paces closer to the goal) shouldn't that have been a booking? Town were complaining and the free kick crashed into the wall but ultimately resulted in a goal. I've seen him before and think he's a good, fair referee. I haven't seen who the Senior Cup officials are but personally would like to see Jon Harris get a call. One of the best SWPL assistants and a great referee below that.

10 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Awful game at poltair tonight littered with mistakes,fouls and even a racial abuse incident !! All rather unsavoury to witness

On the plus side plenty of goals  And no injuries ahead of Falmouth in the cup on Tuesday

I agree! And some ridiculous decisions by the officials, the penalty situation was a joke! 

I trust my source. He said the referee took a lot of grief which happens in almost every game nowadays.

He also allowed Goldsworthy to pace out the wall which proved it wasn't ten yards. Yet when Joe Corrigan pointed out that the penalty spot wasn't where the referee had placed the ball and he placed it out, he was booked.

As I said I've seen the referee before and he does most things by the book.