Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Cup semi final result

3 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Up the Stickey!!! Could be a double winning season!?! Agree Razor, be a tough final. Might need a new cabinet in the clubhouse by middle of May?  ?

It won't be if Sticker play like they did in the first half tonight - they were very poor and in fairness to Wendron were deservedly 1-0 down at HT.

Wendron were poor at the back, but showed heart and battled well, however in the second half tired and Stickers better quality started to show. Wendron couldn't cope with Sticker corners and as soon as Sticker scored there was only one winner. 

Sticker will have to put in 90 minute games if they want to go unbeaten and win the cup - which I hope they do. 

Sticker have of late seemingly developed in to a team of second half performers.
Whether this is due to superior fitness, the half time team talk, or the change of personell on the pitch, there is a need to change or the Peninsula Premier league will be a tough ask.
We must take nothing away from this club who have had a phenomenal season so far, and have played some scintilating football which has been a pleasure to watch, we wish them well both in the Charity Cup final against Penryn, and in the Peninsula Premier next season.
Congratulations to Andy Avery and Gary Whieldon who between them have masterminded the clubs successful season.

Its bound to happen. When you win the league so early. That was there target. Look at arsenal 2004 ?.. next season will be different again. Every game is a cup final... i predict a top half finish if all the players are committed to staying. 

Congratulations to Sticker last night and a huge thank you to Helston for getting the game on - great facilities. 

We were one up at half time, following a well taken goal from Cal Heath. Although Sticker saw more of the ball, we created the better chances. 

Second half came and Sticker came at us more. Deservedly levelling. We still saw a fair amount of the ball and created a few good opportunities but Sticker were much more clinical. They went 2-1 up following a corner when number 14 bent down to tie his boot lace and the ball just happened to hit him sweet on the nut to end up in the back of the net. 

With us pressing for a leveller, Sticker's keeper claimed a cross and set up a swift counter attack - seconds later the ball was in the back of our net after an absolutely quality strike from the Sticker wing back. 

Dissapointing for us to concede the type of goals we did, but ultimately Sticker deserved their win. Best of luck to them in the final - a very good side and well run. 

Great for us to have two players who have just turned 16 play 90minutes and put in real stand out performances. Great for the future of Wendron - and hopefully for Cornwall, especially after the great work Glynn and the team have done this year. 

11 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Wendron were poor at the back, but showed heart and battled well, however in the second half tired and Stickers better quality started to show. Wendron couldn't cope with Sticker corners and as soon as Sticker scored there was only one winner. 

I don't think we were poor at the back, I think Sticker were great going forward and lightening quick. 

We won most one-on-one scenarios defensively and dealt with most threats well, especially that threat of Jack Bowyer. Our 16 year old keeper did have a great game. We were perhaps wasteful in possession at the back. 

I think that Sticker's fitness, especially that in the second half of the second half, saw them over the line. They attacked in numbers and with pace, which we weren't able to do. 

Deserved winners last night though and best of luck in the final. 

14 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

I don't think we were poor at the back, I think Sticker were great going forward and lightening quick. 

We won most one-on-one scenarios defensively and dealt with most threats well, especially that threat of Jack Bowyer. Our 16 year old keeper did have a great game. We were perhaps wasteful in possession at the back. 

I think that Sticker's fitness, especially that in the second half of the second half, saw them over the line. They attacked in numbers and with pace, which we weren't able to do. 

Deserved winners last night though and best of luck in the final. 

I wouldn't want to take anything away from Wendron last night as they played with real passion. Perhaps your CB may have been lucky to still be on the pitch in the first half after attempting to cut Bowyer in half on the halfway line, and perhaps it was more a case of Bowyer being a bit wasteful (unusually) but either way well done to both teams.

It is also great to see you bringing on young players, I have seen the goalie at County matches and he is one for the future - with all young keepers dominating the 6 yd box at set pieces is difficult but it will come. The young lad in the middle has all the skill and will develop well as he gets older and a bit more physical.

7 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I wouldn't want to take anything away from Wendron last night as they played with real passion. Perhaps your CB may have been lucky to still be on the pitch in the first half after attempting to cut Bowyer in half on the halfway line, and perhaps it was more a case of Bowyer being a bit wasteful (unusually) but either way well done to both teams.

It is also great to see you bringing on young players, I have seen the goalie at County matches and he is one for the future - with all young keepers dominating the 6 yd box at set pieces is difficult but it will come. The young lad in the middle has all the skill and will develop well as he gets older and a bit more physical.

Thanks mate. 

I'm not sure what you mean... I did hear that a Sticker fan had thrown a banana peel onto the field of play which led to him slipping and almost cutting Bowyer in half. That or he had watched Karate Kid as a bit of pre match inspiration.