Roche   4-1     Lanreath         

St Stephen Res            P-P       Foxhole Stars Reserves 

DIVISION 5

Lamerton Community FC   6-2         Lostwithiel Reserves

Polperro    8-1          St Anns Chapel

Southgate      1-2       Wadebridge Town

Week St Mary     3-0          Looe Town

2 hours ago, Big_Baller8 said:

Shame to see the Major vs Gerrans game called off, I assume it wasn't down to a waterlogged pitch as the pitch was dry! Was looking forward to seeing what's happened to St. Columb, the wheels have come off from what I've heard! A club in turmoil

Not sure where you got the pitch was dry part from it was off due to waterlogged pitch. Certainly not a club in turmoil either plenty of people working hard there and things willimprove there.

St dennis beat veryan 4-2 with a lee rickard hatrick. great result for the league maybe they haven't won that league yet.

Godolphin also won 1-0 in junior cup.

Veryan 2 : 4 st dennis 

Veryans unbeaten run of 98 games has come to end at the hands of st dennis where we lost 4:2 in a closely fought game the away side had a man sent off early but still got the win! Goals for the home side were dan vincent and liam cocks and away side jordi wilmot  and lee rickard hattrick good luck to st dennis for the rest of the season! We will go again on to next week away at st mawgen!

13 minutes ago, copey said:

Veryans unbeaten run of 98 games has come to end at the hands of st dennis where we lost 4:2 in a closely fought game the away side had a man sent off early but still got the win! Goals for the home side were dan vincent and liam cocks and away side jordi wilmot  and lee rickard hattrick good luck to st dennis for the rest of the season! We will go again on to next week away at st mawgen!

Was a tough game for both sides on a heavy pitch I think us going down to ten helped us kick on with chances created it could've been 5 all but well done to the veryan lads a great run of 98 games and gracious in defeat look forward to the return fixture at our place 

Tregony 0 Delabole United 3

As my game was off I went to watch Tregony. They played well in the first half and despite some decent chances couldn't finish them and didn't really test the Delabole keeper. The visitors had a great chance when the centre forward missed his volley when close in to the goal. 0-0 at half time.

Tregony made some early changes in the second half and after a double substitution went behind in the 56th minute when the tall Delabole forward was presented with an easy finish after being left unmarked in the 18 yard box. They increased their lead in the 64th minute and made the game safe in 70th - I didn't see either goal properly as I was behind the visitors goal retrieving match balls. 

Overall I felt Tregony were the better team in the first half and Delabole were on top in the second, but Tregony were made to pay for not taking their chances and Delabole took virtually all of theirs. A draw would have probably been a fair result on the balance of play but the game probably sums up Tregony's season where they played well but ended up with nothing to show. 

The match was very well refereed by Paul Roberts, who played advantage as much as he could and that let the game flow. It's great to see someone of his age (he did tell me how old he was but I won't mention it on here!) and experience (40+ years of refereeing) still doing a job every weekend and allowing us to enjoy the game we love.

Duchy Division 4

AFC Par 4 St Dennis Res 2

Decent competitive game, both sides trying to play football on difficult pitch, Richard Griiffin the difference, well played AFC Par, shame we went down to ten men early in the 2nd half all the best for rest of the season.

1 hour ago, cat weasel said:

Was a tough game for both sides on a heavy pitch I think us going down to ten helped us kick on with chances created it could've been 5 all but well done to the veryan lads a great run of 98 games and gracious in defeat look forward to the return fixture at our place 

What was Lee Rickard doing playing for the 2nd team when the SWPL West team he usually plays for lost!

1 hour ago, Chris Davey said:

As my game was off I went to watch Tregony. They played well in the first half and despite some decent chances couldn't finish them and didn't really test the Delabole keeper. The visitors had a great chance when the centre forward missed his volley when close in to the goal. 0-0 at half time.

Tregony made some early changes in the second half and after a double substitution went behind in the 56th minute when the tall Delabole forward was presented with an easy finish after being left unmarked in the 18 yard box. They increased their lead in the 64th minute and made the game safe in 70th - I didn't see either goal properly as I was behind the visitors goal retrieving match balls. 

Overall I felt Tregony were the better team in the first half and Delabole were on top in the second, but Tregony were made to pay for not taking their chances and Delabole took virtually all of theirs. A draw would have probably been a fair result on the balance of play but the game probably sums up Tregony's season where they played well but ended up with nothing to show. 

The match was very well refereed by Paul Roberts, who played advantage as much as he could and that let the game flow. It's great to see someone of his age (he did tell me how old he was but I won't mention it on here!) and experience (40+ years of refereeing) still doing a job every weekend and allowing us to enjoy the game we love.

Paul has been much maligned in the past but if the players just get on with playing football and give him the respect he deserves he will always try and let the game flow! He is an excellent ref and I know how old he is Chris!!

Not a case that I wasn't in the 1st team plans, mark Rowe asked hodegy and jack in the week if they could have a striker ! The 1st team had 14, my brother Carl has signed duchy forms for foxhole and Boaty asked if I could play, as a Club our ambition is to get our 2s as a senior status, all agreed that it was fine for me to go, so I did. 

13 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

paul must be coming on for 75 lol . sounds like tregs was bit unlucky again . keep your heads up out there its hard going sometimes .well done to mr norris its hard work mate 

JJ Jones Duchy League

LC Phoenix confirmed that their Premier Division title aspirations are not to be ignored after a 5-0 win at Biscovey. There was little between the teams but Phoenix were much more clinical in front of goal and sharp on the counter attack. Biscovey didn’t help themselves missing a first half penalty and hitting a post. Jowan Knights and Kevin Hatch scored a brace apiece with Nathan Cox adding the other goal.

Saltash United move back up to second after a good 4-3 win at Edgcumbe. Tom Hall and Troy Harris scored a brace apiece for Saltash with Edgcumbe replying with a Charlie Lawrie brace and a Jay Boyle goal.

Lostwithiel drew two all with North Petherwin. John Harris scored both home goals with Marius Pislabu and Joe Reeve replying.

Veryan have lost a first league game in five years after going down 2-4 at home to Division One title rivals St Dennis. After four successive titles and a total of 98 unbeaten league matches going into this crucial game, Dan Vincent fired Veryan into the lead. Ten minutes later Jordy Willmott drew the visitor’s level and later St Dennis were reduced to ten men when Kyle Willmott was sent off. Liam Cocks came on as a second half substitute and restored the Veryan lead but five minute later Lee Rickard restored parity. Rickard scored a second to put St Dennis ahead for the first time and five minutes from time he completed a hat trick from the penalty spot after being brought down a little controversially in the box. Passions continued to rise with Veryan’s Alex Pearce getting sent off shortly afterwards.

Altarnun slipped ever closer to relegation after losing 6-3 at home to AFC Bodmin. A hat trick from Mike Horne did the most damage with Fraser Robinson, Corey Stewart and Bryn Sturdy adding a goal apiece for the visitors. Nick Oldaker replied with a brace for Altarnun with Ashley Bowen adding their other goal.

St Dominick eased relegation fears after beating Holywell/Cubert Athletic 3-1. Josh Searle gave St Dominick a 16th minute lead and it was only good goalkeeping and defence that stopped the hosts increasing their advantage. Holywell were rewarded for their efforts when a 25th minute free kick rebounded back for Ash Williams to strike an equaliser. Ben Jeffery restored St Dominick’s lead after the break with Alex Mortimore converting a 53rd minute penalty to put them clear. Mortimore was through on goal just outside the area in the 70th minute when the visiting keeper made a desperate lunge for which he was sent off, but the hosts were unable to take further advantage of their extra man.

Boscastle missed the chance to close in on the top two in Division Two when held three all at home by second placed Queens Rangers. Boscastle scored through Sam Haddy and two own goals, but the visitors promotion hopes were enhanced by the goals from Phil Orchard, Jamie Patient and Nick Hutton that earned them an important point.

Tregrehan Mills and Tintagel shared six goals. Corey Cross tapped in from close range to give the hosts an 8th minute lead. This was the only goal of an evenly fought first half. Brandon Chapman doubled the lead in the 50th minute but Shaun Keeble brought Tintagel back into the game with a great finish from a tight angle. Nathan Mitchell tapped in an equaliser before Dean Dingle, on his return to the club, came off the bench to restore the hosts lead. Adam Price lobbed the keeper to earn Tintagel their point.

St Cleer won a bad tempered affair at St Breward 5-3 with Charlie Coates hitting a hat trick in his third successive game. Jack Ostle and Dan Sharp completed the St Cleer scoring whilst St Breward replied through Martin Jago, Rob Marks and Scott Burke. The home sides humour was not helped by four shots that came back off the woodwork.

Division Three bottom side Tregony were well in their home game with Delabole until the visitors took a 65th minute lead as they missed opportunities in an even game up to that time. Delabole went on to win 3-0 with goals from Glen Burrell, Mike Barrett and Lee Dungey.

Saltash United reserves won a closely fought game with Gorran 4-3. Curtis Lanfear, Ash Hooper, Mason Long and Ben Holter scored the home goals with Shane Kibell with a brace and Tom Guest replying for Gorran.

Dobwalls have taken over at the top of Division Four after their 5-0 defeat of St Mawgan reserves. Matt Carter-Brown hit a hat trick with Jake Baker and James Colwill completing the scoring.

AFC Par beat St Dennis reserves 4-2. Richard Griffin hit a hat trick with James Edens adding the other Par goal. St Dennis replied with goals from Josh Higman and Dean Burnett.

Roche beat Lanreath 4-1. Following an even 1st half Roche took the lead when 16 year old Jack Taylor hit a superb volley into the far corner. Roche doubled their lead not long after when Harrison Burdon let fly from the edge of the box. Another 16 year old Harry Trethewey playing his first senior match added a third with a vicious drive across goal which eluded everyone and flew into the far corner. Lanreath reduced the deficit through Adam Parry towards the end but there was still time for Roche to add a fourth when Jacob Rowe smashed home late on.

Week St Mary moved back to their old ground to enable their Division Five match with Looe Town to go ahead. They were rewarded for their early morning efforts to prepare the pitch with Jimmy Shanks, Mike Feltham and Simon Furse scoring in a fine 3-0 win.

Lamerton Community stretched their lead at the top beating Lostwithiel reserves 6-2. Nathan Panter and Dan Behennah scored a brace apiece with Paul Cowling and Tim Westcott completing the home tally. Aaron Honey scored one of the visitor’s replies.

Omar Abou-Bou scored a hat trick as Polperro thrashed St Anns Chapel 8-1. Antony Harman added a brace with Josef Toms, Macauley Andrews-Jones and an own goal completing their tally. Chris Robinson replied for St Anns.

Southgate Seniors recent poor run continued when beaten 2-1 at home by Wadebridge Town. Liam Cairns scored for Southgate but goals from Jordan Stone and Aaron White gave the visitors the spoils.

On 28 January 2017 at 17:35, copey said:

Thanks for ur shout of get at him he's sh*t wen I came on lol