Cornwall Football Forum

Promotion to Combo / ECPL

There is another side who have applied to join the Combo but not via promotion.

I can't say anymore for now.

Can you clarify what you mean by "not via promotion"? 

There is another side who have applied to join the Combo but not via promotion.

I can't say anymore for now.

Probus have also suggested they are interested. The last I heard it was only a verbal approach, presumably has to be in writing to make it official.

​I hope you're referring to the ECPL. It's just confusing because you quoted a post about the combo league when replying. Would be an annoying trip for combo clubs.

Edited by a little bit of a dinho

"There are no Senior or Junior Leagues in Cornwall and we need to get out of the idea of saying so."

Not sure I understand what you mean by the above Paul. Can you explain a little please? 

​So why does the Junior cup consist of teams below Combo, and above that teams are in the Senior cup?

Just personal opinion, i heard Penzance want to put reserves team in but into div5!! Heard from someone who was interested in going too play for them and that it was very high chance that few were going down from certain club being marazion reserves previously managed by jamie mooney....

But i had no idea that them or any other team have applied to go straight into the combo? steep move.... and gonna raise few eyebrows if did happen but combination league committee's choice i guess!

Just a thought though if you really have an aim and a squad think capable competing in combo league and in around that penzance area instead creating another team why not help someone like gulval who are currently in the premier division getting beaten most weeks no disrespect to them but i am sure they would be completely happy about being helped out whether their in division 1 or premier next season both tough leagues think it would be good call personally and if players are combination quality could be up their within a season or two. But obviously if they wanna play for the manager and he has already agreed to go somewhere which obviously ctb kinda already knows then it's a different story.

CTB, could you confirm or deny that Penzance is looking at trying to put a Reserve side straight into the Combination League?

I heard down the old ale house the other night the Jamie Mooney is taking his Marazion Blues team to set up a Penzance Res side.

As always just a rumour...

​There must be an awful lot of rumours in the pub you use but I guess you are wrong in this rumour.  Why should anyone be given the chance to avoid working through the league, unless Penzance SWPL Team are taking a step down to regroup next season.  Better attendances with a winning team in combo than a team being beaten every week in SWPL.